Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Switched to RWD!

Description Total in USD
Model Y Rear-Wheel Drive $43,990
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint Included
19’’ Gemini Wheels Included
All Black Premium Interior Included
Five Seat Interior Included
Autopilot Included
Subtotal $43,990
Destination Fee $1,390
Order Fee $250
Referral Bonus ($500)
Total $45,130-$7.5K credit= ~$37.6K I believe that is the cheapest a Y has ever been??
check to see if AZ has incentives available as well.

And getting rid of the gulf wing doors. I would go for a R1S because the doors. I heard a lot of problems and glitches today still.

Commonly, customers like to get an upgrade version when getting a new car,
like for example going from a Model 3 to a Model Y.
But there is quite a price gap between the Model Y and the Model X.

An extended lengh Model Y with real 7-seat or a Tesla Van would be great
and something that Tesla customers are waiting for a long time.

Another choice beside the R1S would be the coming Kia EV9.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSP and Msicario
Since I really started looking in August, I feel like the prices have been so “all over the place” that I feel shocked that the prices have remained stagnant for like two days straight now. I find myself looking for those discounts on inventory to be coming back quickly. There is some national site that allows you to sort by the discount, and the only obese with discounts are demos. I wonder if maybe Tesla is trying to clear out the demo vehicles before they start discounting other inventory again. I actually didn’t look yet today. But this was the site. United States Tesla All inventory

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
And getting rid of the gulf wing doors. I would go for a R1S because the doors. I heard a lot of problems and glitches today still.
I would be so tempted to buy an MX if that was to happen 😲🤣😂🙏
You plus everyone else. I believe teslas will end up like the below, qualified for all tax credit

Model 3 long range - 35k
Model y long range - 45k
Model S long range - 70k
Model x long range - 75k
Cyber truck - 80k

Reactions: tompetenc and vickh
Since I really started looking in August, I feel like the prices have been so “all over the place” that I feel shocked that the prices have remained stagnant for like two days straight now. I find myself looking for those discounts on inventory to be coming back quickly. There is some national site that allows you to sort by the discount, and the only obese with discounts are demos. I wonder if maybe Tesla is trying to clear out the demo vehicles before they start discounting other inventory again. I actually didn’t look yet today. But this was the site. United States Tesla All inventory

Great site! Any that do free emails for drops?

No, had Model Y s for the past 3 years, but switched to 2022 BMW X5. Way more comfortable, luxurious vehicle. Much better for my 40 min daily commutes. Plus BMW assisted driving is actually superior to Tesla's autopilot (weird right?).

Can you add more to BMW assisted driving being superior to Tesla AP?
BMW has iX (electric) models coming out (smaller range though from what I last checked compared to Ys) and with their AP/AD that would be very interesting. Thanks!

Can you add more to BMW assisted driving being superior to Tesla AP?
BMW has iX (electric) models coming out (smaller range though from what I last checked compared to Ys) and with their AP/AD that would be very interesting. Thanks!
I'm curious too. While I agree with the competition hardware comfort/looks being better I think TSLA has the best software/UI/AP by far. The nag has got to go (I need the Elon mode hack ;) though)

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
With highland M3 on the horizon and M3/Y drops, the MX is looking like the girl no one wants to take to the prom. Need to refresh it or cut the price.
No not at all, many folks are upgrading to the model X from previous Y’s ownership especially with a $40k price drop. I had a 22MYP and great car but it not smooth and room as the X. I have a 23 MYLR for my wife and it a rough ride on 19’s . With price cuts it’s win win for all prospective buyers.