Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 Price reductions - Jan / April / Oct 2023 and all other pricing discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently KBB doesn't know about the price decrease yet. I wish I was home I'd try and sell it to a dealer in the next day or i
You have a nice car but if you are expecting to get money back or to sell the car then that probably isn’t going to happen now.

Which car did you lease?
Model Y LR, red w 20” wheels. 5 days ago. Trying to process how much more I’m paying than i would today.

If you’re buying a car for its resale value as a major metric, you’re buying the wrong car.
There is a difference between buying a car to flip it and caring that your car is worth $15k less than you owe on it.

You better believe that if you total a Tesla with a significant loan on it right now then the insurance company isn’t going to cover the loan unless you have GAP insurance.

The value isn’t just important for resell. It matters in other ways as well.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
There is a difference between buying a car to flip it and caring that your car is worth $15k less than you owe on it.

You better believe that if you total a Tesla with a significant loan on it right now then the insurance company isn’t going to cover the loan unless you have GAP insurance.

Not trying to be rude here but if you don't have gap insurance (which is cheap and also included in lots of auto policies these days) and don't make smart financial choices...I don't know what to tell you.

This has nothing to do with Tesla IMO. See Elon's tweet below, still rings true:

1673642031614.png

Did you see this offer I got this morning? The values really have plummeted that much. This wasn’t the only offer I got in this range either. They are all under $40k now for a Model 3 Performance. I suspect LR and RWD could be less than $30k now even for nearly new ones.

View attachment 895379
holy *sugar* thats brutal. carvana says 38,300 for mine. unreal i literally could have sold it to carvana this summer for 68k.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Not trying to be rude here but if you don't have gap insurance (which is cheap and also included in lots of auto policies these days) and don't make smart financial choices...I don't know what to tell you.

This has nothing to do with Tesla IMO. See Elon's tweet below, still rings true:

View attachment 895390

Nothing you or anyone else says is going to stop the people who want to complain from complaining. With that being said, more of that happens here than any other car subforum I have been on, and when it spins up like this, it frankly makes me wonder wtf I am doing spending so much time here for free, basically working (lol).

View attachment 895390
Some insurance companies don’t offer GAP insurance or won’t allow you to add it significantly after the time of purchase.

Reactions: Jeremy3292

that's what most folks don't understand and why ZERO $ down loans are so dangerous (unless you buy Gap insurance).

If you bought a Model Y for $66k/+taxes and financed it just two weeks ago... if you total that same car today - the insurance will pay you $53k/+taxes. The bank however wants $66k/+taxes from you (minus any payments already made). So you are on the hook for $13k....

Can anyone say for sure that the M3 does still qualify for the federal rebate? I could have sworn they did away with the rebate because it has sold over 500k units. or did the administration change it?
Yes. At least two of us just replied stating that it's been changed. (The Biden Administration didn't change it, and couldn't; Congress changed it.) Please see above, or see any of the many news reports about it, such as:
There's also the official IRS pages:
Note, however, that details have changed from late 2022 to early 2023; and they'll change again in March.