Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to the buy a Tesla same day with a cashier's check? Ie, go down and just get whatever is on the lot?
No. Tesla does not sell that way. You have to pay $250 to order online, and have paperwork done online prior to pickup. Tesla does not let you browse the lot and select one to buy the same day. I asked and was told the above. If you find out different, please let us all know.

Hypothetically yes at the end of a quarter, although you're gonna need the precise dollar amount of the transaction to draft the check for...

or go a bit over and wait for refund (not recc.)

App is the way to go, but I won't use a primary acct. for safety (Type A)

Here's the best deal I'm getting so far in AZ. Q: is will they honor MVPA, CT bonus etc next week and POS fed. credit?

Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive $48,990
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint Included
19’’ Gemini Wheels Included
All Black Premium Interior Included
Five Seat Interior Included
Autopilot Included
Tow Hitch $1,000
Subtotal $49,990
Destination Fee $1,390
Order Fee $250
Price Adjustment ($3,500)
Referral Bonus ($500)
Total $47,630

No. Tesla does not sell that way. You have to pay $250 to order online, and have paperwork done online prior to pickup. Tesla does not let you browse the lot and select one to buy the same day. I asked and was told the above. If you find out different, please let us all know.
You clearly didn’t ask on December 30th.

If they have a car available, they will do everything they can do deliver it before end of day tomorrow.

Here's the best deal I'm getting so far in AZ. Q: is will they honor MVPA, CT bonus etc next week and POS fed. credit?
CT referral specifically says ORDER by 12/31, not delivery, so you’re good there. They’ll also honor the inventory pricing. Only wildcard is if/when they are ready to process POS credits.

Referral Bonus ($500)
You won’t get a referral bonus, just the loyalty credit (10,000 loot box points).

Reactions: vickh
CT referral specifically says ORDER by 12/31, not delivery, so you’re good there. They’ll also honor the inventory pricing. Only wildcard is if/when they are ready to process POS credits.

You won’t get a referral bonus, just the loyalty credit (10,000 loot box points).

Got it. I hope it's when they are ready to process POS credits. not IF (if they'll hold the inventory price)

I referred my wife+co register so trying to stack CT+referral. Might be a tall order ;)

If not I can place a new order but lose $250, depending on what 10,000 loot box points max value is...

I'm pretty sure the only way you can get the CT discount is to order from the same account that has the CT reservation in it.

Message from ‪(510) 800-8125‬, "Hello , could you provide the email you used for your cybertruck order, Saturday, December 30 2023, 1:46 PM"

they're trying to "merge" since I'm a co-registrant and it's myCT reservation but next, I got a when are you scheduling Sun. text. I hate that they have multiple people handling same thread. So I asked again

Worst case I place an order tomorrow unless the inventory discounts are gone tomorrow AM??

They gonna keep fighting the fight right til the last minute to get you to take delivery tomorrow. ;)

You should be within your rights at this point to just say "I can't pick it up until next week" and see what happens.
Yep called and tried but was told might lose inventory incentives (Bull) but I'll call the bluff ;) maybe

They're merging both our accounts for $1K CT!

but Any Referral/Loyalty Awards connected to the merged account will be forfeited per the program limits.

Not sure if I'll lose the referral $500 though? I'll find out tomorrow AM

Last edited:
I checked 4 times a day for 1 week until the spec I wanted at the price I wanted popped up.

White MYP with tow hitch $5k off MSRP + $1k for having a Cybertruck reservation. Have seen 3 more pop up at the same discount since I placed my order. Picking it up on Sunday. Was built in Freemont earlier this week.

As of this evening it seems Tesla is stacking the inventory with Demo’s. Most MYP demos for sale I’ve seen in a long time.

So… my great deal is getting less great. Was scheduled to pick up the MYP tomorrow (Sunday 31st) and they just called to tell me the car hasn’t been built yet.

1. I asked what that means for the 6 months free super charging… They said it’s lost and they won’t grant any extensions.
2. I asked what that means for tax incentive in 2024…. They said they have no idea how the $7,500 rebate will work in 2024 and don’t guarantee any of their vehicles will qualify. But they assume the model Y will be fine.
3. They offered me alternative on the lot ready to pick up MYP with my specifications… first one was new + 2 hours away + $10k MORE (I don’t even know how it can go up that much) with no MSRP discounts. Second one was a demo model + 5 hours away + with 3,000 miles on it for $5k MORE…
4. I asked if the vehicle isn’t being built in 2023 if it would be a 2024 model year…. They said no, the line is still manufacturing 2023 model years into January 2024.

🤦🏼‍♂️😕

So… my great deal is getting less great. Was scheduled to pick up the MYP tomorrow (Sunday 31st) and they just called to tell me the car hasn’t been built yet.

1. I asked what that means for the 6 months free super charging… They said it’s lost and they won’t grant any extensions.
2. I asked what that means for tax incentive in 2024…. They said they have no idea how the $7,500 rebate will work in 2024 and don’t guarantee any of their vehicles will qualify. But they assume the model Y will be fine.
3. They offered me alternative on the lot ready to pick up MYP with my specifications… first one was new + 2 hours away + $10k MORE (I don’t even know how it can go up that much) with no MSRP discounts. Second one was a demo model + 5 hours away + with 3,000 miles on it for $5k MORE…
4. I asked if the vehicle isn’t being built in 2023 if it would be a 2024 model year…. They said no, the line is still manufacturing 2023 model years into January 2024.

🤦🏼‍♂️😕

too bad TSLA won't price match when they mess up for you or give you 6 mo.s I would fight for that prior to delivery. At least you've locked in pricing+POS credits.

Needlessly pedantic clarifications aside, the sentiment of what was asked has been answered in the affirmative. Tesla will expedite a delivery for a car onsite. Often that can happen the very same day. Right now it might mean "tomorrow morning" instead of "right this minute", but the difference is immaterial.
The difference is material. A lot of us live hours away from a delivery center and it requires planning and a friend to drive us there. Showing up expecting to buy a car the same day is not possible on Dec 31.

Reactions: vickh