Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 Price reductions - Jan / April / Oct 2023 and all other pricing discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would guess the current M3 production line is already shutdown as the numbers of cars continues to decrease as shown on Tesla-Info.com. It’s showing under 1,000 Model 3 cars in the US now.
I’m in Fremont today and based on the number of car carriers we’ve passed on the freeway loaded with Model 3s I’m thinking that’s not the case just yet.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and RazorB
I’m in Fremont today and based on the number of car carriers we’ve passed on the freeway loaded with Model 3s I’m thinking that’s not the case just yet.
If they decide to do the Highland switch aligned with the 2024 model year (which would make sense, since regulated aspects like EPA economy will be changed), then they may be running 2023 model year production to the last day of calendar year 2023 and then doing the switchover at the beginning of calendar year 2024.

For those buying new Model 3 cars now, are you getting 2023 or 2024 model year cars? (VIN 10th character = P for 2023, R for 2024)

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
If they decide to do the Highland switch aligned with the 2024 model year (which would make sense, since regulated aspects like EPA economy will be changed), then they may be running 2023 model year production to the last day of calendar year 2023 and then doing the switchover at the beginning of calendar year 2024.

For those buying new Model 3 cars now, are you getting 2023 or 2024 model year cars? (VIN 10th character = P for 2023, R for 2024)
The one I JUST bought has P so I guess 2023...

My VIN is showing P for 2023. Mine was built in October.

Ended up changing my spec (had to pay another order fee) to MSM/white interior with 19 inch wheels. Price was only $37,430. It was listed as a demo vehicle but only has 10 miles. I would assume it’s a showroom/floor model. Although it shows that the limited warranty is until December 2027 which means that the car was “placed in used” this month. That definitely makes me feel more confident about the condition of the car. I’m wondering what else could get it labeled as a demo?

Looks like the configuration page is showing January-February for all Model 3s now. I wonder if Highland will be delayed till later in Q1 now?

IMG_0440.jpeg

I’m wondering what else could get it labeled as a demo?

Cars damaged in transport beyond a certain value can’t be sold as “new” so the “demo” label is often used as a workaround. Ask your SA for a repair history and then inspect carefully before delivery. Usually it’s body damage that triggers this so it should be pretty straightforward to inspect.

Reactions: buckeye3
So far it doesn't seem like any have been discounted lower than the $35,090 price. Has anyone seen any lower than that? I ended up purchasing at that price so I should just stop looking but I can't help myself....

I figure if it's significantly lower, I could lose the $250 and still save more if a bigger discounted inventory model shows up. Not likely though...

Cars damaged in transport beyond a certain value can’t be sold as “new” so the “demo” label is often used as a workaround. Ask your SA for a repair history and then inspect carefully before delivery. Usually it’s body damage that triggers this so it should be pretty straightforward to inspect.
Good to know. Best case scenario would be that it was designated as a demo but they decided to just sell it for EOY!

It’s December 24. They only want to sell at this price if you take delivery by 12/31 and you have 72 hours from the time they tell you it’s ready to pick it up.

Time is running out, prices aren’t going lower. If you’re sitting on the fence, best jump now.
I think so too. That's why I finally got one when the $35,090 price popped near by. I just don't see it coming much (if at all) lower than that. It's a great deal at that price.

Reactions: RazorB and mpgxsvcd
In CA I noticed all the $35k range ones are gone, but I still see quite a few in the $35k across the US. But I was thinking the same, that those will continue to run out and Tesla probably doesn't see the need to lower them unless they are trying to get rid of as many of these current inventory ones before year end. I'm still stuck trying to decide to jump on an RWD or not. Part of me wants the Y since I've already had 3 model 3's now
did inventory replenish in CA for $35k inventory option?
Or has $35k inventory depleted most everywhere?

did inventory replenish in CA for $35k inventory option?
Or has $35k inventory depleted most everywhere?
Looks like it, and at this point, unless one pops up that's near by you and available for immediate pickup, you may not get delivery in time. I purchased mine back on the 21st and I'm still waiting for delivery. I assume I'll get it before the end of the week, at least I'm really hoping so. lol

Reactions: RazorB
Looks like it, and at this point, unless one pops up that's near by you and available for immediate pickup, you may not get delivery in time. I purchased mine back on the 21st and I'm still waiting for delivery. I assume I'll get it before the end of the week, at least I'm really hoping so. lol
Same. The car I ordered was marked as “Available for Immediate Pickup” so I scheduled for 12/23. SA calls me and says the car is actually currently sitting in Chicago and they’re working with logistics. Pending an update today but I’m really counting on delivery by 12/31…. Thankfully Chicago is only a 6 hour drive so I can’t see how it wouldn’t make it here this week.

Reactions: RazorB