Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/16 white/black induction. Changed to MYP yesterday.
EDD unchanged 2/10-3/10
Modified order agreement reflects MYP with an order date of 1/16/23. I’m assuming I have 1/16 priority despite changing order yesterday but will keep you guys posted of any Edd changes to use as data point.

I’m found out the tires were staggered after the order. I really do not want staggered setup due to inability to rotate tires and 2k cost to replace tires everytime. Wish I can just get 20 induction on Performance.

I think that when you reject a vehicle the VIN gets released and your order gets put on hold for some number of days. I think you should be able to login into your Tesla account on a browser and choose the button to remove the hold and then you should get matched with another vehicle.
Thanks, the process is little confusing was not explained clear at the showroom. I hope I will get assign with new ViN and get one before end of March.

Reactions: jose3030
Hi guys, quick questions for you:
I ordered a Model Y white exterior, black interior, 19” wheels, tow hitch (no EA or FSD) on January 15 in Chicago.
I was shown Jan-Mar estimated delivery, and I am still shown that, even though we are in February already!
I only have a reservation number, no VIN attached. Is there something I’m missing? I am not able to add any delivery or loan information. If I call Tesla delivery services I just get a mailbox where I leave messages, but no one calls back.
It seems people that ordered much later than me already got their vehicles - do you have any suggestions?
At least for me, I made sure to clear out the tasks in the app. Registered to 1 person. Marked as No Trade In. Purchasing with Cash. Once I had those items cleared out, I got updated EDD pretty quick. Once you get the updated EDD, then you are able to change especially the purchasing option.

Wow I just got triple screwed!!! So basically I ordered Jan 15 and installed the app to complete “registration”. Apparently I somehow installed the old app, because it wasn’t showing me anything and I couldn’t complete any of the registration tasks. I just updated the app now and completes tasks and now delivery estimate shows Mar-May. I’m fine with this *sugar*, I will call them to reimburse my $250 and not buying this anymore, it’s a travesty. I tried calling at least 5 times to ask about how to update registration details but all I ever got was voicemail. Now even if I take delivery I won’t qualify for tax credit. Done & out

Wow I just got triple screwed!!! So basically I ordered Jan 15 and installed the app to complete “registration”. Apparently I somehow installed the old app, because it wasn’t showing me anything and I couldn’t complete any of the registration tasks. I just updated the app now and completes tasks and now delivery estimate shows Mar-May. I’m fine with this *sugar*, I will call them to reimburse my $250 and not buying this anymore, it’s a travesty. I tried calling at least 5 times to ask about how to update registration details but all I ever got was voicemail. Now even if I take delivery I won’t qualify for tax credit. Done & outr
Reply to the text from Tesla when u placed order. Tell them you have trouble with registration. They will send you an email to upload the drivers license to that email). They will finish your registration info.

Wow I just got triple screwed!!! So basically I ordered Jan 15 and installed the app to complete “registration”. Apparently I somehow installed the old app, because it wasn’t showing me anything and I couldn’t complete any of the registration tasks. I just updated the app now and completes tasks and now delivery estimate shows Mar-May. I’m fine with this *sugar*, I will call them to reimburse my $250 and not buying this anymore, it’s a travesty. I tried calling at least 5 times to ask about how to update registration details but all I ever got was voicemail. Now even if I take delivery I won’t qualify for tax credit. Done & out

My suggestion is that to wait for some time as nobody knows whether timelines for tax credits. They may extend till May and you might be eligible by then. Otherwise you will feel more bad if it extends till May.

Hi, so can someone pls let me know HOW you can update registration, payment and trade in information?
I can only see my order number under “Manage my car” but I can’t do anything else!
@Brebu, are you using the Tesla app or the website. Everything is done via the Tesla app. Registration was pretty easy to adjust. I originally had my wife listed, but I ended up changing to one registrant as my wife was going to be out of town. I did not trade in, so I can't give you any advice there. For payment option, I marked it cash to clear it out. Once I received VIN, I reached out to SA to have it changed to loan.

By the way, unless you get the registration details cleared out, the process is ON HOLD until you get those 3 items cleared out...at least that's what I had heard, thus I went and changed them the way I did. I completed all the tasks by 1/16.

From my personal experience, the SA were super responsive and changed the details several times...originally I had Tesla Loan, then had it changed to Cash. Once I had EDD date of less than two weeks, I changed to Loan from 3rd party (when this was taking too long), then I had changed to Tesla Loan.

Last edited:
Sounds like this is more on you than Tesla