Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi First Post Here:

Specs: MY Dual Motor LR White Ext/ Black Int / 20 Inch Wheels

Original Order Date: January 13 at 4:45 PM

First Vin Issued on Jan 14: PA05364x built 12/30 Irvine SC matched to inventory model y; rejected as finance app submited to credit union 1/13 and closed 1/16 for MLK so let it go as tesla wanted me to take delivery Sunday Jan 15 before Credit Union Loan Approval

App updates with an EDD of Jan 26- Feb 9 on Jan 17 Tuesday once Credit union approves Loan.

Today Sunday Jan 22 : Second Vin Assigned

PA06009x and according to Service Center this vin was built Saturday Jan 21 at 2:57 PM.

New EDD : February 3 - Feb 9

This is now second Tesla; Day 1 Model 3 Reservation Holder on announcement date way back in 2017-2018 and finally took delivery of it Feb 2019.

Hi First Post Here:

Specs: MY Dual Motor LR White Ext/ Black Int / 20 Inch Wheels

Original Order Date: January 13 at 4:45 PM

First Vin Issued on Jan 14: PA05364x built 12/30 Irvine SC matched to inventory model y; rejected as finance app submited to credit union 1/13 and closed 1/16 for MLK so let it go as tesla wanted me to take delivery Sunday Jan 15 before Credit Union Loan Approval

App updates with an EDD of Jan 26- Feb 9 on Jan 17 Tuesday once Credit union approves Loan.

Today Sunday Jan 22 : Second Vin Assigned

PA06009x and according to Service Center this vin was built Saturday Jan 21 at 2:57 PM.

New EDD : February 3 - Feb 9

This is now second Tesla; Day 1 Model 3 Reservation Holder on announcement date way back in 2017-2018 and finally took delivery of it Feb 2019.

For anyone rejecting and wondering when a car may come in as replacement. Ordered 1/13, msm black, 19”. Went yesterday 1/20 to pick up but clear coat was totally messed up. Little specs throughout the entire car under clear coat. Had to reject.
New EDD 1/20-1/27. Not sure how that’s possible since today is 1/21 and still shows 1/20. I guess systems didn’t update yet.
any chance you got pics? just wanted to understand, and what other checks we need to look after on the delivery date. this is going to be my first car and EV as well.

Reactions: jose3030
I am assuming you are able to reject it when you are at delivery?

Yes, if it doesn't meet your standards.
They will put up a fight and send out techs and tell you everything can be fixed.
You can reject once, they will assign another VIN and from my understanding, if you don't accept 2nd one, you forfeit $250 order fee and don't get a car.

Thinking about switching my MYLR order to a MYP, as I do not trust a March delivery will grant me tax credit, and am happy with the price cut on the performance as well. I would receive the performance much earlier. Thoughts?
Nobody has a clue what’s gonna happen in March or when in March. If I were you, I’d keep current reservation and if anything changes you can reject and change it to the performance.

any chance you got pics? just wanted to understand, and what other checks we need to look after on the delivery date. this is going to be my first car and EV as well.
Zoom in on reflection. Your will see the specs. The entire car was covered. They tried to compound it but it’s under the clear coat.

Attachments

• 827865DA-59A5-4D15-8383-4786D06EE340.jpeg
    827865DA-59A5-4D15-8383-4786D06EE340.jpeg
    593.3 KB · Views: 122
Hello!
Placed order on Jan 18, MYLR, Blue/Black, 19” wheels; EDD: Feb 18 - Mar 24

My question is - if I apply for loan and complete the financial info, will it have any affect on moving the delivery dates to early or is it good to apply for loan once VIN is assigned?