Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone getting the 20" wheels and got an EDD already? I think 20" is the culprit.
20in wheels, white interior and tow hitch. I think all three of them are pushing the time back. I ordered on the 13th with blue/white and my brother ordered 2 hours after me with blue/black and his EDD is Jan 23 to Feb 20 where as mine is Feb 5th to March 5th.

I guess anything other than the default car pushes it back a bit because they are made in limited quantity. but what do I know... lol I am constantly closing and opening my Tesla app to see if there is an update to the EDD.

Reactions: PewPew
20in wheels, white interior and tow hitch. I think all three of them are pushing the time back. I ordered on the 13th with blue/white and my brother ordered 2 hours after me with blue/black and his EDD is Jan 23 to Feb 20 where as mine is Feb 5th to March 5th.

I guess anything other than the default car pushes it back a bit because they are made in limited quantity. but what do I know... lol I am constantly closing and opening my Tesla app to see if there is an update to the EDD.
White seats are notoriously delayed compared to black seats. Same thing with 7 seaters. Tow is sometimes delayed. There have been times when 19" were in short suppy and delayed and other times when 20" were short supply and delayed. Red and Black paint also are made less frequently so sometimes will take longer.

But at least you guys aren't dealing with the 8-12 month waits we all went through in 2022.

Reactions: PewPew and KangThe
White seats are notoriously delayed compared to black seats. Same thing with 7 seaters. Tow is sometimes delayed. There have been times when 19" were in short suppy and delayed and other times when 20" were short supply and delayed. Red and Black paint also are made less frequently so sometimes will take longer.

But at least you guys aren't dealing with the 8-12 month waits we all went through in 2022.
I went into hold during that period, now back dealing with the same “delays” lol

I ordered on 1/14. Long Range with blue exterior and black interior with Gemini wheels. I completed everything on the app that I could, and my EDD has not moved from Jan-Mar 2023. I sent a text to phone number that texted after i completed the order if i have any questions, and have gotten no response. Not sure i know what I’m doing wrong

Last edited:
I ordered on 1/14. Long Range with blue exterior and black interior with Gemini wheels. I completed everything on the app that I could, and my EDD has not moved from Jan-Mar 2023. I sent a text to phone number that texted after i completed the order if i have any questions, and have gotten no response. Not sure i know what I’m doing wrong
Same here
Stock white MYLR with 19 inch gemini wheels and no options. The EDD is still stuck at Jan-Mar. Ordered 1/14 around 12pm eastern,

I ordered on 1/14. Long Range with blue exterior and black interior. I completed everything on the app that I could, and my EDD has not moved from Jan-Mar 2023. I sent a text to phone number that texted after i completed the order if i have any questions, and have gotten no response. Not sure i know what I’m doing wrong
Same here
Stock white MYLR with 19 inch gemini wheels and no options. The EDD is still stuck at Jan-Mar. Ordered 1/14 around 12pm eastern,

So I ordered 3 (myself, my brother and my sister).

2 ordered on 1/13 and both of them have a EDD of Jan 23 to Feb 20 and another for Feb 5 to Mar 5.
And one 1/14 is still showing the Jan-Mar.

I am guessing this is probably because it was Sunday and today is also a holiday. I am hoping the 1/14 to update tomorrow with a better window.

Does anyone know if the model y comes with any wires/plug/adapter to charge it with 120v or 240v? Or do I have to buy the mobile connector? I bough the wall connector but need to install ny an electrician
It comes with no charging equipment at all, save for the J1772 Level 2 to Tesla charging adapter. The mobile connector kit comes with one 120v (which works for everyone) and one 240v adapter (that works for some).

Are any of these new 2023 model Y's getting HW4? I'm on the verge of whether to order now or wait for hw4 announcement sometime this year.
No one knows. There are only rumors based on Tesla asking for extended confidentiality on a high res radar unit at the FCC.

Same here. 1/14 order, MYLR white(ext)/black/19". EDD still at Jan-Mar 2023.

1/13
White/Black
EDD: Jan 23 to Feb 6th

I asked the guy via text, and he had my trade in completed. After that, my tesla app button changed to View and says We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks. I first texted them to adjust my financing as I did not want to use Wells Fargo because I'm using my own credit union. (4.74% at 72 months)

Trade in value came in higher than what I paid for the car 2 years ago.

Ordering a Car through an app has so much more enjoyable than going into a dealer, :)

Last edited:
1/13
White/Black

I asked the guy via text, and he had my trade in completed. After that, my tesla app button changed to View and says We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks. I first texted them to adjust my financing as I did not want to use Wells Fargo because I'm using my own credit union. (4.74% at 72 months)

Ordering a Car through an app has so much more enjoyable than going into a dealer, :)
What's Wells Fargo quoting these days?

1/13
White/Black

We are selling to Carvana as our trade in from Tesla was 4k less.