Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/15-1/22
VIN assessignment: 1/13
First Delivery Date: 1/15 (today at 11:45a); Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior.

They said they'd cancel out the VIN for me and issue a new one 'before the end of the quarter'

I just got another VIN assignment for the same VIN 30 mins after leaving Tesla Delivery Center.
I'm so pissed, I'm just gonna let it sit for 3-5 days.

So, after 2 days, the VIN is removed from my account.
My order is on hold and can be on hold up to a week.
When do I remove the hold to ensure I don't get the same damn VIN assigned to me again?
I was thinking of waiting 6 days.... Or perhaps doing it tomorrow as someone else would have had the VIN assigned w/o me sitting in queue longer.

What's the right answer? :)

OD: 1/15
EDD: still Jan-Mar
Spec: MYLR white/black with Induction Wheels

Do you guys think more options = priority kinda like what Tesla does with Performance vs long range?
Having followed delivery threads since I ordered in March there was no pattern of faster delivery for more options. Only the MYP had fast delivery. You could option a MYLR to be more expensive than an MYP and that still didn't help.

The only exception to that was up to about Aug or Sept (can't remember exactly) if you had ordered a no-option order you got the car 3months later than someone who ordered an optioned car on the same date. But then Tesla removed that from the order page so I don't think that is a thing anymore. But hard to say for sure as shortly after that Supply outstripped Demand big time and everyone got their cars quickly.

Typically white seats delayed orders, even more recently in Nov/Dec. Tow sometimes delayed orders. Sometimes they would be short on one or the other wheel size and that would delay orders. Red or Black paint were also less frequently made so that sometimes took longer.

Yup. Thought the same thing and did the same. Saw on the Tesla website that ordering a MYP with EDD was Jan to Feb. Quick turnaround window, so ordered and then immediately applied for loan to my bank/credit union. Got approved right away.

Didn't want any delays so made sure I had everything before VIN creation. Pre-approval loans are good for 30-90 days depending on your bank. So I had time since the EDD was only 1 month time window out.

Will finalize car insurance once I have the scheduled pick-up date. Everything else I can do on the app from Registration, Trade-in and Financing has been completed and submitted. So hopefully no delays and the process goes smoothly.

Details:
MYP
White Exterior/White Interior
OD: 01/15/2023
VIN: 01/17/2023
EDD: 01/31-02/06
You should also add a quote for insurance since you have the VIN, Tesla insurance was offering me $60 extra per month..my progressive policy added only $20 extra per month so went with my current insurance and also finalized that. Date is TBD when delivery is finalized

UPDATE:
First Delivery Date: 1/15; Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior, had obviously been rejected by multiple people, had scratches, scrapes all over, Austin Build.
VIN: Cancelled 1/15 (Rejected delivery in person)
VIN: Same VIN reissued 1/15 and gave me 48 hrs to schedule delivery. Did not reschedule delivery for same VIN obviously.
EDD: 1/17-1/24 now, awaiting (hopefully) new VIN.

I think we got screwed for folks that ordered MYLR White/White. Got two orders in as I didn't know that Tesla auto price adjustment for first order as I was super excited that the price dropped and thought it was one of those price mistake. Get in and asked question later, loosing $250 is pocket change, as long as we get it before March 1st to qualify the $7500.

OD: 12/18
EDD: Feb 13th - March 20th
Spec: MYLR white/white no other options

EDD: still Jan-Mar
Spec: MYLR white/white/Hitch

Anybody ordered on 1/13-14th for White/White in Midwest and got their EDD date?
I ordered a Blue/White.
EDD: Feb 5th to Mar 5th
Spec: MYLR Blue/White everything else default.

UPDATE:
First Delivery Date: 1/15; Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior, had obviously been rejected by multiple people, had scratches, scrapes all over, Austin Build.
VIN: Cancelled 1/15 (Rejected delivery in person)
VIN: Same VIN reissued 1/15 and gave me 48 hrs to schedule delivery. Did not reschedule delivery for same VIN obviously.
EDD: 1/17-1/24 now, awaiting (hopefully) new VIN.
What delivery location and what color?

Reactions: jose3030
does anyone changed the trade in from one car to another car after tesla gave the trade in offer on the first car ?
I would like to see if my other car can get better rate and if not would like to switch back to first car. I dont want to loose the first car trade in value when doing the flip

my EDD says January 29- February 5th. On the app, it says the below..I have a check from my bank and it’s in the mail to me. does anyone know if have to pay before they schedule delivery date or they schedule delivery date and then you finalize and pay?

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery