Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it means I won’t be able to get the tax credit which is I am eligible? AFAIK, The car needs to be delivered before Mar 2023 to receive the credit.
Well we don’t really know. The credit is good for now. In March the dept of Treasury is supposed to give new guidelines on the battery source. And depending on the guidelines, tesla may or may not be eligible for that.

So by March it may still have $7,500 credit because it qualifies. Or it may be limited to $3,750 if it doesn’t.

There is a third outcome, which is that the Sept of Treasury delays their guideline or gives guideline but pushes the date it goes in affect to a future date. In that case, certain model Y would still qualify for $7,500.

Also, we have no idea exactly when is march the new guidelines come out. It would be early march or even end of march.

Reactions: sdq_11
Hmm… that may work out for me, I can pick it up on way back from Baltimore. Thanks for info?

Did you or do you plan to order EAP?
No I don’t take enough road trips to need it. I think the basic autopilot that comes on the car does quite a lot and am happy with it.
I have done the subscription to the full self driving, it’s ok for long trips but for everyday driving I don’t feel it’s worth it. It’s just my opinion of course.

I cancelled last week after finding a '21 MYP w/ low miles + acc for less than '23 MYLR. I backed out after seeing undisclosed damage to a couple rims, deep scuff on rear bumper, and tires having no tread left. I should've put it on hold as the 250 deposit was wasted. I'm back in the queue. Wish me luck, I'm white/white. fml

Anybody besides me who ordered on 1/14 without a VIN still?
I mean, I ordered 1/13 and don’t have a VIN, but I’m fine with that as I’m hoping closer to my 2/12 EDD vs. the 1/29 date. Lets me get some more things in order first and give me more hope that it will have the new radar hardware, just disabled until the software comes out. Not holding my breath though.