Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless they know they won't be able to deliver by the March 23rd timeframe, the end of current Fed Tax credit. It is why I am hoping for a very late delivery. We will know more on what the Feds planned to do after March 23rd. Tax Credit could more or could be less. Who knows?
Where did you hear March 23? A link to the source would be helpful please. Until now I just heard “March”, not any particular day in March.

Reactions: sdq_11 and WyoDude
Unless they know they won't be able to deliver by the March 23rd timeframe, the end of current Fed Tax credit. It is why I am hoping for a very late delivery. We will know more on what the Feds planned to do after March 23rd. Tax Credit could more or could be less. Who knows?
May I ask where you got the March 23 date? I know it's march 2023 but haven't seen an exact date anywhere specifying when in march it will end.

Reactions: sdq_11 and WyoDude
Couple pages back (also in PA) I noted MSM color having specs throughout clear coat. Had to reject.
Sorry to hear this. Rough clearcoat? Like specs of dirt in it? I am not far from you if you are close to Phila. I hope they don't try to sell it to me.
Apparently they updated the pricing on the night of the 12th, but most of us, myself included, read it on the news, article, or forum of the price drop and jumped on it on the 13th.
You guys are like hawks.
Because the price dropped so we all ordered! Who said Friday the 13th was bad luck?! 😂
I could see Freddie in an M3 P. Good luck!

Reactions: 3YMimi73
May I ask where you got the March 23 date? I know it's march 2023 but haven't seen an exact date anywhere specifying when in march it will end.
I think someone confused March 2023 with March 23rd. I don't even think the Feds knows when it'll be finalized yet.

Sorry to hear this. Rough clearcoat? Like specs of dirt in it? I am not far from you if you are close to Phila. I hope they don't try to sell it to me.
I saw the photo he posted and it just looks like standard metal flakes you see in car paints. Maybe he thought he was getting a flat silver color or something.

Reactions: KangThe and WyoDude
Where did you find the March 23rd date? Everything I've seen about the IRS March deadline has been vague about the actual date.

Reactions: WyoDude
Part of me is chomping at the bit, but another part of me is secretly hoping that the vehicle doesn't arrive for a few more months and the full tax credit will still qualify at that time - I want to pay cash for it without having to dip too far into my emergency fund and deal with the inconvenience of financing even a small portion of the purchase price.

W/w/19” tow.
OD 1/13 updated Samar afternoon. Profile complete on 1/14.
EDD Jan- March. Now it is from Jan 23-Feb 6
VIN yet to assign.

Is delay in VIN due to tow package. Do we have option to opt out. If we do so will that take you back in EDD position considering as change in order.
Present update just a day moved. Wondering ordered on Jan 13th still VIN not assigned.

Attachments

• F0411021-8185-4D90-94C2-9B1062BA8D97.jpeg
    F0411021-8185-4D90-94C2-9B1062BA8D97.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 122
Does he pre-delivery task list completion really have an effect on delivery date? I sked the advisor today, as I havent accepted the finance terms yet because it doesn't reflect trade-in, he said it doesn't have any effect on it.

any one with a 7 seater got vin?
i placed order on 13 noon, only having estimate feb19 to march 26
I am from Boston too. My estimate is March 5-31. The SA told me that there is a fixed amount of cars that come to MA. (I think limited due to transportation availability). And a lot of folks ordered the cars in those 3-4 days. There is a good chance that all those who got their dates in March won't get cars until Apr/May. But Tesla is doing its best to deliver as many cars as possible before end of March. Keeping fingers crossed. Lets see how it goes.

I am from Boston too. My estimate is March 5-31. The SA told me that there is a fixed amount of cars that come to MA. (I think limited due to transportation availability). And a lot of folks ordered the cars in those 3-4 days. There is a good chance that all those who got their dates in March won't get cars until Apr/May. But Tesla is doing its best to deliver as many cars as possible before end of March. Keeping fingers crossed. Lets see how it goes.
Boston as well!

We have three cars on order.

Mine:
Blue/White MYLR
OD: 1/13
EDD: 2/5 - 3/5

Brother:
Blue/Black MYLR
EDD: 1/29 - 2/5
VIN: 1/18

Sister:
White/Black MYLR
OD: 1/14
EDD: 2/6 - 3/6

White interiors are defiantly taking longer than others. My brother and I ordered same time, just different interiors.

Boston as well!

Mine:
Blue/White MYLR

Brother:
Blue/Black MYLR

Sister:
White/Black MYLR

White interiors are defiantly taking longer than others. My brother and I ordered same time, just different interiors.
I am from Boston as well

Blue/Black MYLR
ODD: Jan 14
EDD: Feb 9 - Mar 9
VIN: not yet

Hopefully will be assigned vin soon..

Reactions: KangThe
Boston as well!

Mine:
Blue/White MYLR

Brother:
Blue/Black MYLR

Sister:
White/Black MYLR

Nice.
Your bro prob got faster VIN cuz less customization (black interior default).

I ordered Red/Black MYLR yesterday. I. Cant. Wait!

Reactions: KangThe
Tesla treats a switch as if you had ordered on 1/17 still. Only if you were to switch to like a M3 or MX would it constitute a new order. Hundreds of people on here were switching from LR to P last year in order to get a car 6-9months earlier and they were all prioritized based on their original order date (to much angst of people who had ordered MYP from the get go at a later date).
Can anyone else verify this?