Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 1/13 (at night)
White/Black 19’s -Basic build
SoCal
No EDD. Still showing January - March window.

Is anyone else in this same boat? Seems like I should’ve had a narrowed EDD by now.

My neighbor transports new Teslas from the rail yard all the time and parks a whole truck load of them on the street right behind his house. Might have to just ask him to assign me one of those.
Got my EDD (finally) yesterday. I think filling out reg info matters.

OD 1/13
Original EDD Jan-March
EDD updated on 1/25 to January 31 - February 14 window
No vin yet.

Reactions: mt247 and NJ08809
Got it!!! Whew, was getting worried there for a minute: Same EDD and build location as you, so our cars will probably be on the same delivery truck.
Congrats! And good luck with your delivery!
I asked my SA for details and got a response (produced 1/24; won’t know if Matrix headlights until it arrives; no direction on HW4 hardware update).
Let me know if you get any deets on yours!

Reactions: F-BOB
Do you know if the federal tax credit of 30% covers the installation of a NEMA 14-50 receptacle and the purchase of the mobile connector? or it needs to be the wall charger?
What federal tax credit for nema 14-50? I haven't heard of this, can you guys provide a link to the source?

We just paid to have a NEMA 14-50 installed in our garage. Cost me $500 + $200 permit to get it installed right below our breaker. Plan to use a mobile charger. Thought it was kinda expensive for just 1 outlet but...what's done is done. Other options were $1500 for the tesla charger included + choice of location, was debating between the two. Oh well, figured NEMA would be better in case we move (or if we buy other EVs later on)

Last edited:
I wonder if I'm on the same rail and truck as you? Here's my details:

MYLR White/Black/19
OD: 01/13 7AM EST
VIN: 01/15
EDD: 01/29 - 02/07 (been like this since 01/20)
Hi neighbor. I would think very likely on the same rail. As far as truck, I am not sure since your EDD is sooner than mine. I would gladly take it sooner though lol. The 1/29 is just a few days away, so I suspect your SA should be reaching out to you today if not tomorrow.

Please keep me posted on any progress updates. Give us an update on your delivery experience, etc. at the Raleigh Tesla site too! THanks!

You can ask your accountant. They should be able to do the form for you.
Up until now, my taxes have been pretty straight forward so I just do it myself using HRBlock or one of the tax software lol. Wonder if it also has the form. I did a bit Googling and looks like you guys are referring to the Form 8911, is this correct? Not sure if we qualify based on the criteria listed though.

Reactions: jhirsch123
I’m also thinking to change from black to some other color and I don’t see an option lol
You can try this backdoor link if you don't have a button to edit your order. Or txt back the number that texted when you placed the order.

www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxx
Use your unique RN# at the end. It is sometimes a bit finicky but I can always get it to work. Usually enter the link, then click through to your Manage your Order page. Then enter the link again. Sometimes helps to logout before entering the link. This is how I edited my order from MSM to DBM back in July.