Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice Model Y prices seem to have increased $500 to $53,490 for the MYLR? I am assuming the same happened to the performance also.
Yea, happened Tuesday morning (sometime after midnight). My sister was waiting for some info before ordering the previous day and ended up ordering right after the price increase.

And no, it seems like it's specific to the Y LR.

Reactions: bdhaduk and PewPew
just got a text to schedule my delivery, getting my car on Feb 3rd. My build date is 1/6 so it'll be almost 4 weeks since the build date. Is this normal? And it's an AUS build and in socal.
Why wouldn't it be?

I mean, were you expecting it to be much quicker or longer?

Granted, it could just as easily be either. Quicker if you live close enough or non-committed build (ie, set for showroom or something) was already on the way. Longer if there are hold ups in production, transportation, etc.

• Disagree
Reactions: Blacked_Y
Why wouldn't it be?

I mean, were you expecting it to be much quicker or longer?

Granted, it could just as easily be either. Quicker if you live close enough or non-committed build (ie, set for showroom or something) was already on the way. Longer if there are hold ups in production, transportation, etc.
Idk... I think a lot of us are spooked by the constant feed of horror stories at delivery. Lots of paranoid buyers here, myself included, 😂!

Reactions: PewPew
Bay Area, MYLR White/Black/Tow/EAP
OD: 1/13

Just (1/28, noon PST) got VIN assigned, Fremont built PF6*

There's notice on the account related to 'Tesla Vision'. They are removing ultrasonic sensors and relying on Cameras only. Some features would not be available for sometime until OTA updates. More details here:

Also, enquired with SA that the built date is also today (morning) 1/28/2023!
EDD 1/29-2/5

Idk... I think a lot of us are spooked by the constant feed of horror stories at delivery. Lots of paranoid buyers here, myself included, 😂!
Just keep in mind that few folks would go to the trouble of posting “picked up my car today, it was in great shape!” That doesn’t mean Tesla doesn’t have its fair share of poor units produced and they seem set on waiting for the customer to complain about it vs. pulling it out of inventory themselves. Still, there are plenty cars delivered without issue — far more than the few posters here that have shared that their deliveries went great.

Yeah they increased it. Elon said during their quarter meeting that they had to even bump it sup slightly because demand was so high
I think they did it to simplify production. White interior is in higher demand so they made the pricing such that white on white is the only option.

No other color options possible if you want white interior.

Customer can have any color as long as it is white !!!

Bay Area, MYLR White/Black/Tow/EAP
OD: 1/13

Just (1/28, noon PST) got VIN assigned, Fremont built PF6*

There's notice on the account related to 'Tesla Vision'. They are removing ultrasonic sensors and relying on Cameras only. Some features would not be available for sometime until OTA updates. More details here:

Also, enquired with SA that the built date is also today (morning) 1/28/2023!
EDD 1/29-2/5
Maybe you are getting that notice because you paid for EAP.
None of the EAP features like summon, smart summon, auto park work currently. All you get is navigate on AP and Lane change by using the turn signal.
It will come back, but why pay now?

First time poster… I’ve been lurking after placing an order on 1/16.

Feeling very lucky to have just received my VIN! Picking up from Indianapolis. MYLR 5 seater, blue with white interior. All stock otherwise.

Original EDD was 2/8-3/15. When VIN was assigned it just moved up to 1/28-2/6.
I thought it was Indianapolis… just kidding: my pick up is now in Chicago. Scheduled for 2/4!

Update:
OD: 1/13 MYLR white, standard everything
EDD most recent: Feb 1-10
Delivery date: Feb 14th

Weird, it only have me a narrow delivery date 14-16, despite EDD of Feb 1-10. I was also updated earlier today and told that it would arrive in Raleigh Tesla on 2/4.

Wonder why it takes 10 days from arrival to take delivery?