Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5th update

Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"
OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/15-1/22
VIN assignment: 1/13
First Delivery Date: 1/15; Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior, had obviously been rejected by multiple people, had scratches, scrapes all over, Austin Build, PA044xxx VIN.
VIN: Cancelled 1/15 (Rejected delivery in person).
VIN: Same VIN reissued 1/15 and gave me 48 hrs to schedule delivery. Did not reschedule delivery for same PA044xxx VIN obviously.
EDD: 1/17-1/24 as of 6pm 1/17, awaiting (hopefully) new VIN.
EDD: 1/28-2/11 as of Wednesday 1/18 4PM, awaiting hopefully new VIN.
VIN: Assigned, New VIN, PF660xxx, Fremont VIN (Assigned 1/22)
EDD: 2/4-2/11 (Updated 1/22)
TXT: Texted SA 1/27 to ask where my car is and they said it's still in transit from Fremont.
DD: Delivery Date Set, Feb 8-10 was the range available. Set delivery date for Feb 8, Vienna/Tysons Corner Delivery Center

First time poster… I’ve been lurking after placing an order on 1/16.

Feeling very lucky to have just received my VIN! Picking up from Indianapolis. MYLR 5 seater, blue with white interior. All stock otherwise.

Original EDD was 2/8-3/15. When VIN was assigned it just moved up to 1/28-2/6.
Man you are so lucky. I ordered on 1/14 with Blue and Black interior. No VIN and 2/2- 3/2 EDD. Hopefully they start making some more blue ones soon. Haven’t seen too many here

Update:
OD: 1/13 MYLR white, standard everything
EDD most recent: Feb 1-10
Delivery date: Feb 14th

Weird, it only have me a narrow delivery date 14-16, despite EDD of Feb 1-10. I was also updated earlier today and told that it would arrive in Raleigh Tesla on 2/4.

Wonder why it takes 10 days from arrival to take delivery?

They've got to be swamped w/ deliveries.
Remember, they don't have like 200 cars ready for delivery, they have to prep each one for delivery.
So it takes time.
I am assuming one delivery every 15 min window. When I went to go take a look at mine (when I rejected on 1/15) there were like 20 cars out there getting picked up (I am assuming for a 15-30 min window). Imagine that for like 8-10 hrs a day.

Just keep in mind that few folks would go to the trouble of posting “picked up my car today, it was in great shape!” That doesn’t mean Tesla doesn’t have its fair share of poor units produced and they seem set on waiting for the customer to complain about it vs. pulling it out of inventory themselves. Still, there are plenty cars delivered without issue — far more than the few posters here that have shared that their deliveries went great.
Very true. My SA admitted that they are rushing things and getting sloppy at the factory (Austin) lately, but he did say he has never had someone have to reject a vehicle twice in a row; and they have been doing several hundred deliveries a week so far recently. Rejections the first time around also seem fairly rare, but when it happens, we need TMC to vent to someone :)

Reactions: jose3030
They've got to be swamped w/ deliveries.
Remember, they don't have like 200 cars ready for delivery, they have to prep each one for delivery.
So it takes time.
I am assuming one delivery every 15 min window. When I went to go take a look at mine (when I rejected on 1/15) there were like 20 cars out there getting picked up (I am assuming for a 15-30 min window). Imagine that for like 8-10 hrs a day.
True, makes sense. But also, they're lot is completely packed, so I think by having each vehicle sit for 1.5 to 2 weeks, they're definitely shooting themselves in the foot. The Raleigh Tesla is actually fairly small compared to most (if not all) dealerships I've seen around here.

Any updates from my fellow neighbor Raleigh NC folks in here?

Reactions: jose3030
True, makes sense. But also, they're lot is completely packed, so I think by having each vehicle sit for 1.5 to 2 weeks, they're definitely shooting themselves in the foot. The Raleigh Tesla is actually fairly small compared to most (if not all) dealerships I've seen around here.

I'm in Raleigh, but my order date is 1/22. Current EDD is 3/16-3/31.

Hey, I got the delivery text today as well. I got the delivery window from Feb 11 to 13, so I chose Feb 11, which is 4 days behind my EDD window 1/29-2/11. I also expected the actual delivery date to be sooner. Very strange 2 week wait time. Oh well.

Reactions: EpicNguyen