Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
model y red/black, no options
od: 1/13 evening
EDD kept pushing from 1/25, current EDD 1/29-2/12. still no VIN :(
bay area. Is anyone in a similar situation?
Yep, OD: 1/14, OEDD: Jan 18-Jan 30. Then...

Jan 21: EDD Jan 21-Jan 30
Jan 22: EDD Jan 22-Jan 31
Jan 23: EDD Jan 23-Feb 1
Jan 24: EDD Jan 24-Feb 2
Jan 25: EDD Jan 25-Feb 3
Jan 26: EDD Jan 26-Feb 4
Jan 27: EDD Jan 27- Feb 5
Jan 28: EDD Jan 28-Feb 6
Jan 29 (as of today): EDD Jan 29-Feb 7, still no vin.

Got my VIN assigned last night
OD date 1/14
W/B/19’
ODD till 1/28 - Jan 30-feb27
VIN - 1/29
EDD- Feb 11-Feb18
PF669956
I’m in northern VA and won’t be available due to my travel for picking up my Tesla.Can I ask my SA to keep this on hold?

I gotta say it’s pretty interesting that Tesla is still showing a February to March estimate on any orders placed today for the 5 seater. My order was in 8 days ago and my estimate is 3/9 - 3/31.

Wondering if they actually think they can get these out by March or if they are just trying to get as many orders in as possible due to people hoping for the credit expiration, even if they know they won’t hit the March deadline.

The latter would be pretty crappy since you’ve got folks putting down non refundable deposits.

I gotta say it’s pretty interesting that Tesla is still showing a February to March estimate on any orders placed today for the 5 seater. My order was in 8 days ago and my estimate is 3/9 - 3/31.

Wondering if they actually think they can get these out by March or if they are just trying to get as many orders in as possible due to people hoping for the credit expiration, even if they know they won’t hit the March deadline.

The latter would be pretty crappy since you’ve got folks putting down non refundable deposits.
I think they are just taking as many orders as possible by still showing the March EDD because they know once the new tax rules are revealed, a lot of people will cancel their orders. So they get to make the $250 from those cancellations while still being able to sell the cars they produce because of the excessive number of orders they have taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: PewPew and LuryeMI

Wow! Have you checked with them? Maybe just text back the message you initially received. They are pretty responsive.

I feel like they're gonna bump you up.
No way you gotta wait that long.
I really hope so man, I was honestly shocked when I ordered it and saw that date. I thought it was because I waited 5 days since the price drop but then after becoming a member here, I see that everyone else is dates are sooner than mine , even guys who ordered after me so it's strange. I met a few others who ordered black on black and they had the same EDD as I do but not all of them.

I think they are just taking as many orders as possible by still showing the March EDD because they know once the new tax rules are revealed, a lot of people will cancel their orders. So they get to make the $250 from those cancellations while still being able to sell the cars they produce because of the excessive number of orders they have taken.
Yeah, that's what im thinking which is unfortunate. Who knows though, I have to assume most people who would get a Model y at the lower price probably jumped on a chance to order pretty quickly in that first week or so, so maybe the order rate has significantly slowed down and they can still push these out by march.

Damn same here. Order 1/13

And still no Vin

Edd keeps pushing back a day for each dat like you