Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who aren’t about to get their orders and picked an option they didn’t prefer to stay under the IRS limit, fyi that all Ys have retroactively moved to $80k for the limit.

We still don’t know about going past March for delivery, but if you wanted red with white seats, you can now get that.

YUGE! Thank you for letting the community know! :)

Reactions: PewPew
Well, now that the MSRP limit for 5-seat Model Ys has been increased from $55,000 to $80,000, do you think the Tesla will raise prices?

I'm sticking with my $52,990 plain Model Y order for now, but some of us have some thinking to do.

If what Elon says is true about orders are 2x production, I would be surprised if they didn't raise pricing. Especially as MYSR production ramps - that could fill the low 50k price point.

Reactions: PewPew
Here's my copium... Given today's IRS updates, seems like they're leaning more towards EV inclusion vs exclusion. Therefore, higher likelihood that they will be more lax with battery component requirements - at least for the first half of this year...

Imagine the scenario where they implement today's price increase, just to slap on domestic component requirements... How big of a mess will that cause?

Same here haha. YOLO, right? 😄

Went from I'm fine with my 2010 Camry to I need a used RAV4, then to nah I'll buy a new 2023 crv, to EV4Life. Never even drive a Tesla until after I ordered it lol. Can't go back now once I've experienced that acceleration.
You are not Alone my friend... 2010 Civic , wanted to get to a 2023 CRV. Jan 21st its a MYLR Order :)

Here's my copium... Given today's IRS updates, seems like they're leaning more towards EV inclusion vs exclusion. Therefore, higher likelihood that they will be more lax with battery component requirements - at least for the first half of this year...

Imagine the scenario where they implement today's price increase, just to slap on domestic component requirements... How big of a mess will that cause?
I agree... if they do impose the domestic requirements, I think even worst case scenario is that they make it begin April 1. They would be acting in pretty bad faith if they didn't; based on the way they have rolled it out with the vague "march" language, I would be be willing to bet 3 to 1 that any march deliveries of any date will end up being able to qualify for the full credit.

I'm debating on upgrading to the MYP given the new IRS updates. Currently waiting for delivery of my MYLR EDD 2/9-3/9. I'm not sure if it's worth the risk of having my delivery time pushed back, especially since I could be close to delivery.

Current build details:
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior

I'm debating on upgrading to the MYP given the new IRS updates. Currently waiting for delivery of my MYLR EDD 2/9-3/9. I'm not sure if it's worth the risk of having my delivery time pushed back, especially since I could be close to delivery.

Current build details:
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
You could hedge by placing an order for the MYP and hold both to see what EDDs look like. Worst case you're out $250. I was able to find one in stock in in the Bay so I snagged it this AM as soon as I read the news.

Reactions: WyoDude

Current build details:
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
Our initial build is identical. Except my Edd is 2/10-3/10 before and after the switch to P. I figured it was just 2k extra

My EDD is 3/3 - 3/31. I haven't completed the loan application in the app yet. Should I be doing that now? I feel like I'm getting mixed messages on whether that will affect my EDD or not. I don't want additional credit checks if the approvals are only good for 30-60 days.

OD: 1/17/23
MODEL: MYLR WHITE 20INDUCTION BLACK INT
EDD: 2/17-3/19
VIN ASSIGNED: 2/2
NEW EDD: 2/16-2/23
REGION: PA

HAS ANYONE OR IS ANYONE TRYING TO TRADE IN THEIR LEASED VEHICLE? I HAVE A LEASED 2021 SUBARU CROSSTREK THAT I WANTED TO TRADE IN. GOT A QUOTE FROM TESLA FOR TRADE IN $26100 WHICH IS ABOUT TO BE EQUAL TO PAYOFF AMOUNT EXCLUDING PA TAXES, AND I GOT A QUOTE FROM CARMAX FOR $27400 BUT I AM NOT SURE THE QUOTE FROM CARMAX IS WORTH OF TAKING. DO CARMAX PAY MY LESSOR(CHASE BANK) JUST PAYOFF AMOUT WITHOUT TAX AND GIVE ME THE REMAINDER? PLUS I HAVE A PENDING LOAN FROM TOWER FCU, WHICH I APPLIED 3 DAYS AGO, AND GOT A TEXTFROM TESLA TODAY TO FINISH PRE-DELIVERY TASKS TO GET MVPA, BUT I DO NOT KNOW THE EXACT AMOUNT I NEED TO FINANCE UNTIL I KNOW THE EXACT COST. CAN I JUST PUT IN THE AMOUNT ORDER AGREEMENT JUST TO MOVE ON AND MAKE A FINE MODIFICATION WHEN IT GETS CLOSER TO DELIVERY?

Reactions: nurseyag