Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m conflicted. What do you all think about this issues on my car? Would you accept delivery of this? Otherwise the panel gaps are even, the panels are flush with each other (mostly/close enough), seals looks good. So overall the car is in good shape, but it may take some work to correct these. I haven’t checked the inside yet though (today isn’t my delivery date).
9A30080A-39AB-484F-8EC3-80F966F012FE.jpeg97F3F3DD-3507-47D5-8B4E-F5584E19B1DD.jpegD70675A3-D167-40FA-AD82-7E56E7335BC2.jpeg18531727-F529-4CE3-AAE7-8C99F4600643.jpeg390551B8-4EA8-4090-A86D-0AD6EC3B0203.jpegC7C6A9EB-B3E9-4578-B16F-DEB40BCBA9C2.jpeg

On that last one, it’s much easier to see in video vs. a still image.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
First post, this forum is very helpful - but also a bit addicting!

MYLR 19 inch/Blue/Black/Trailer Hitch
OD: 1/22
EDD: 3/9 - 3/31
Chicago

Been watching inventory (like many of us), and saw the identical configuration in SR AWD today, it says "coming soon to Chicago." Contacted my SA, he said that if I switched I would lose the $250 and would also have to pay the current price for the SR; he says I can only transfer the $250 and get old pricing if I stick with LR. I asked him to double check, and he texted me back that he confirmed it with the manager.

He also said that all the SRs are still showing up as pre-production with no EDD, and that it might not get to Chicago before the one I have on order in any case. His computer is showing target DD of March 15 for my LR.

Decided to stick with current order and hope for full credit.
How did you contact SA, I tried to connect @510-800-8125 and no one responded back

I am in it only for the full $7500 credit. Even though Tesla reduced the price by $13k, I personally think the MYLR is not more than $50k worth and would rather opt for a Lexus NX350H which is more luxurious and much better build quality....but that is a discussion for another day.
I hear ya. I was in the market for a Lexus RX350H - really wish I could take the Lexus interior and put it in the Tesla lol It came down to luxury vs tech and the more I learned about Tesla I (think) I'm ok with going with tech.

Besides, trying to coordinate with all these Lexus dealers, lack of pricing transparency for a build that is bloated with unneeded options helped to seal the deal for Tesla.

Just yesterday I got a quote with a $5k "hybrid market adjustment" :rolleyes:.. that was on top of MSRP
Same here. Our first candidate was Lexus RX350H, but we were disgusted by the dealer's "market adjustment."

Talking about Model Y, people forgot it was $49,000 at launch. So I think $53,000 (before the IRS changed the category of MY) + $7,500 tax credit was a good deal.

I’m conflicted. What do you all think about this issues on my car? Would you accept delivery of this? Otherwise the panel gaps are even, the panels are flush with each other (mostly/close enough), seals looks good. So overall the car is in good shape, but it may take some work to correct these. I haven’t checked the inside yet though (today isn’t my delivery date).
View attachment 905196View attachment 905197View attachment 905198View attachment 905199View attachment 905200View attachment 905201

Seems like very minor but for a new car and for the price, i would not like mine in that condition

Same situation here. Supposedly the Bay Area VIN assignment is very close to the delivery date because of the minimal logistics needed to get your car from Fremont to your delivery center. I also think they might wait to reveal VINs for local orders so that they have more flexibility to switch to VINs that were previously allocated to other customers who went on hold, were unresponsive, or cancelled their orders, which would be harder to do with orders than need a lot of coordinated transport logistics to get to their destination. They could also use the same strategy to replace VINs for vehicles that failed QC internally but were scheduled to be on a truck to the east coast, that way the other 8 cars that were going on that transport don't get held up. When you think of coordinating hundreds of VINs coming off the line at multiple locations every day, it gets pretty unwieldy pretty fast.
Thanks for the reply, got the prompt to schedule delivery like 3 hours after that post haha

Makes sense what they’re doing for us Bay Area Folks

OD: 1/16
EDD: 2/15 - 3/15

MYLR, White Ext. Black Int, 19"

I suddently got a VIN yesterday and was informed as early Friday. Turns out no, not expected till Saturday and they need to prep it, but it will be at my wife's school for her Valentines day present, so I guess I get to save the cost of roses...

Ordered to delivered in under 30 days. Who'd have thought it?

Now comes the seemingly endless add-ons before she gets to drive it more than once.

Reactions: EpicNguyen
Wow I just got triple screwed!!! So basically I ordered Jan 15 and installed the app to complete “registration”. Apparently I somehow installed the old app, because it wasn’t showing me anything and I couldn’t complete any of the registration tasks. I just updated the app now and completes tasks and now delivery estimate shows Mar-May. I’m fine with this *sugar*, I will call them to reimburse my $250 and not buying this anymore, it’s a travesty. I tried calling at least 5 times to ask about how to update registration details but all I ever got was voicemail. Now even if I take delivery I won’t qualify for tax credit. Done & out

How many times may I reject a delivery without canceling the order and without losing my place in the queue in case I find something wrong with the car during inspection?
Only once. If you want to reject a second time, your order is cancelled and you're starting over again. I do wonder if there are ever exceptions to this in particularly egregious cases, but I haven't heard of any.

Not sure why you think that you won't get tax credit. I doubt that the irs will change the rules that much, especially since President Joe suggested that you could get a credit if you bought an e-hummer. They don't qualify even now.

-OD: 1/13
-OG EDD:2/4-3/4
-VIN Assigned Feb 3
-New EDD: Feb 17-25
-Factory: Fremont
-Configuration:MYLR 5 Seat White-on—White with Hitch (no other options)
-Matrix Head Lights: YES
-Cargo Cover: ??
-Mudflaps:??
-PPF: ??
-State: NJ

Anyone order after the price drop that took delivery of a Fremont-built 5 seater MYLR get a cargo cover? My SA confirmed that I was getting Matrix headlights, hoping to confirm that you get the cargo cover too.

Thanks!
My SA told me that my MYLR will not have a cargo cover. However, I do have the Matrix lights. 😀

View attachment 905196View attachment 905197View attachment 905198View attachment 905199View attachment 905200View attachment 905201

Ooof, what the hell happened?

Wow I just got triple screwed!!! So basically I ordered Jan 15 and installed the app to complete “registration”. Apparently I somehow installed the old app, because it wasn’t showing me anything and I couldn’t complete any of the registration tasks. I just updated the app now and completes tasks and now delivery estimate shows Mar-May. I’m fine with this *sugar*, I will call them to reimburse my $250 and not buying this anymore, it’s a travesty. I tried calling at least 5 times to ask about how to update registration details but all I ever got was voicemail. Now even if I take delivery I won’t qualify for tax credit. Done & out
If the tax credit is the important part to you, I would talk to the SA about it, see if there's anything they can do, then hold off on cancelling until we actually know what will happen with the tax credit; There's a strong chance that it stays as-is until mid-May, and a slim but non-zero chance that it gets adjusted to allow more cars to qualify for much longer.