Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/15 base White+ black 19 Gemini MYLR5. Bay Area
EDD kept changing 2/6, 2/7, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10

Finally, today 11am I got the VIN, scheduling text within 15 min and got delivery slot for 2/12 Fremont pickup

The VIN is Fremont, hope it still comes with matrix headlights 🥳

Reactions: ATG1

Finally, today 11am I got the VIN, scheduling text within 15 min and got delivery slot for 2/12 Fremont pickup

Congrats. I’m from Bay Area too. You paying cash or finance? You got VIN and delivery text today and picking up within 3 days. Did they have pickup dates that were farther out in case if you need to complete your loan?

Congrats! Is it a car from the future? :)
Yes almost from future. Drove around 100 miles yesterday and realized one important feature from the past is missing. No proximity sensor and no rear cross traffic alert. Little bummed. I test drove my neighbour's car, same configuration bought in Sept, and it has the feature. Apparently tesla took out ultrasonic sensor in Oct.

TThey plan to introduce vision based system sometime soon and will be available as software update....but then FSD has been in works and is not available and hopefully tesla won't charge for it.

Otherwise a good car and good value for 53K. Not sure if I will pay 60K for it.....at 60K ionieq5, gv60, and ev6 may be better option.
My 2 cents.

Reactions: NJ08809

Congrats hopefully mine will be coming soon. Still no VIN. At least you don't have to return the mats.

Original order : MYLR W/W with no other options
OD: 1/15
EDD: Jan-March
Updated EDD on 1/16: Jan 31–Feb 28
Modified order on 1/16 to MYLR White/Black

EDD didn’t change after modifying my order and still no VIN #
Update

MYLR White/Black/19”/no other options
Loc: Northern California
ODD: 1/15

EDD: Jan-March
EDD update: 1/31-2/28
EDD update 1/31: 2/6 - 2/20
EDD update 2/7 : 2/7-2/20
EDD update 2/8 : 2/8-2/20
EDD update 2/9 : 2/9-2/20
EDD update 2/9 : 2/10-2/20
EDD update 2/11 : 2/17-2/25
(vin assigned PF686XXX)

Reactions: ATG1 and SANTRI
Yes almost from future. Drove around 100 miles yesterday and realized one important feature from the past is missing. No proximity sensor and no rear cross traffic alert. Little bummed. I test drove my neighbour's car, same configuration bought in Sept, and it has the feature. Apparently tesla took out ultrasonic sensor in Oct.

TThey plan to introduce vision based system sometime soon and will be available as software update....but then FSD has been in works and is not available and hopefully tesla won't charge for it.

Otherwise a good car and good value for 53K. Not sure if I will pay 60K for it.....at 60K ionieq5, gv60, and ev6 may be better option.
My 2 cents.
I think he was joking that you said your car’s build date is February 23rd, two weeks from now.

Place order for my MYLR on feb 4. Silver Metallic, Induction Wheels and Tow Hitch. EST. Delivery Date still showing March - May. Has anyone ordered around that date and already has VIN? Thank you
They are currently fulfilling orders from Jan 13-16 give or take. Some exceptions to that probably due to customers backing out or changing their order at the last minute and the car already in transport gets assigned to next available in that state and that can jump the line for some people.

Feb 4th order fulfillments are a long ways off. Someone posted they got an updated EDD with specific dates from an early Feb order that stretched into June. Unless you get lucky and a car in transit becomes available I'd buckle down for a good wait. Seems we may be looking at 3-4 month waits already.

Reactions: GigaBot
OMG!!! :) Got a text with assigned VIN PA065xxx, built 1/27

MYLR5 W/B/20”
OD: 1/22
EDD: Jan-Mar
EDD: Mar 15-31 (updated 1/25 evening)
EDD: 2/16 – 3/2 (updated 2/5 am)
EDD: 2/11 – 2/18 (updated 2/10 pm after VIN)

The App said to upload insurance policy and make final payment now with only option to add bank account. I'd be uncomfortable to pay now without seeing the car. Texted the 510# for different payment option but haven't yet heard back.

I remembered reading from this forum that people were paying with Cashiers check at time of delivery. Please advise how were you able to do so?
Yes you can pay with a bank check. Make sure it’s made out to Tesla Inc and in the memo line your RN # and the name of whoever the car is being registered to. I’ve done this 3 times and I have never had a problem 😀

Reactions: Tz5la999
Is this an indent?
These images were meant to go along with my prior post. The trim for both rear wheel wells is slightly out of flush with the rear doors. Not perfect, but not bad enough to reject delivery. Heater is the description from my prior post.

Update:
MYLR Midnight Silver Metallic, 19" Gemini
OD 1/14 1:00pm CST
EDD Originally gave Jan-March
EDD changed to Jan 26 - Feb 23 on 1/18
EDD changed to Feb 3- Feb 17 on 1/27
EDD changed to Feb 12-19 and VIN assigned at 8:30 pm 1/29
EDD changed to Feb 6-15 on 2/4
Text received to schedule delivery: 9:00 am (CST), Sunday, 2/5
Delivery scheduled 2/11
PF668xxx

Well,I couldn't contain myself and stopped by the dealership this morning before they opened (my delivery is scheduled for tomorrow). After looking at quite a few Austin-built cars, I did find mine (Fremont build). In my preliminary inspection, almost all of the panel gaps were uniform, and I could not see any paint defects, although the car was quite dirty and covered with frost (I'm in MN). The only things I noticed were that both rear doors seemed just a little out of alignment, since the door and wheel well trim were not completely flush. The trim was proud on the driver side and the door was slightly proud on the passenger side. Also, I can confirm that this MYLR Fremont car has matrix headlights. Please see photos. The car also had a rear luggage cover in place. I spaced out and forgot to look for mudflaps and PPF, but I think these are to be installed prior to taking delivery.

I will point out the door alignment issues when I take delivery, but I am wondering if any of you have experience or thoughts about this?

P.S. I'm having some problems with uploading images... Will try to post these later.

It certainly looks like it. I would a lay a fresh piece of paper flat on the panel with the edge running along the middle of the suspected dent to see if there is a depression. This technique came to mind but I'm sure there are others here who could suggest a better approach.
Sorry, I misunderstood the last reply. The panels seemed perfect to me. In the photo, I think you may be seeing the crease of my pants reflected by the panel.

Reactions: Cyclone and msinfo