Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone thought I would provide an update… excited to get delivery before March 1, but past posts have made me nervous with the Austin build, fingers crossed!

MYLR White/Black/20”/5 Seat
OD: 1/21
EDD: 3/8-3/31
Updated EDD 2/3: 2/16-3/3
VIN assigned 2/10, EDD: 2/21-2/28
Congrats. I hope all goes well. I hope this means that I get my VIN for my MYLR (white/black/no options) soon.

Hello Nerds! So I've finally decided to give EVs a try but didn't want to spend much until I am fully sold on it! So, I placed an order for a Red MYP on 1/29. EDD has been and still is March 25 - March 31. I live in SoCal.
“Didn’t want to spend much” but you got the Performance in Red color, the most expensive option. Thanks for the sarcasm 😂. Congrats

Hello all, QQ, If you are using Tesla finance, did you applied when you received the VIN ? Or when you placed the order? I’ve seen some comments here that recommends waiting for at least the est delivery date to narrow in order to apply, but I don’t know if waiting will delay my order, thank you
I can't remember when I applied but it was super quick. Tesla finances via Wells Fargo.

Just came across this useful link to verify local incentives for EV buyers via Ryan Shaw's channel - EV Incentives - Electric For All

Oregonians can now get up to $7500 in rebates for the purchase / lease of an EV. Lucky them!

Here in Arizona, we fully support EVs (sarcasm follows) ;)
We can legally drive in the HOV lane without any passengers. Yippee!​
APS is giving a $250 rebate towards installation of a level 2 wall charger, but not for Tesla wall chargers. Why?​
Greatly reduced annual auto registration, approximately 50% discount. Oh wait, that expired last year. Now I get to pay almost $1k per year to register my new MYLR. Any way, I can feel good that I supported in a small way the maintenance of our beautiful freeway system for our winter visitors and snow birds to enjoy.​
Joking aside, I am grateful for this window of opportunity to purchase the MY -- a vehicle that I thought this vehicle was out of reach two months ago.
Our state charges an EXTRA $140 at every yearly registration on EV's to get their road fuel tax back.
Rebates Incentives for going electric = $0

Agreed the Tesla price drop and Federal tax break made it a No brainer to finally buy a Tesla electric vehicle

Our state charges an EXTRA $140 at every yearly registration on EV's to get their road fuel tax back.

Agreed the Tesla price drop and Federal tax break made it a No brainer to finally buy a Tesla electric vehicle
'EXTRA $140 per year' Ughh!!!

It's unfortunate, but it appears that we both live in states that are EV neutral/negative.

You’ll be trading up in no time. 😉
I did test drive the Model X and quite honestly didn't feel that it is worth the asking price. Never been in a Model Y before but on paper it appears to be the most sensible option to me, certainly a great deal for those who qualify for the Tax Credit. I may reconsider the Model X again in the future only if they work on their cabin quality more but until then, not worth it for me.

Hello all, QQ, If you are using Tesla finance, did you applied when you received the VIN ? Or when you placed the order? I’ve seen some comments here that recommends waiting for at least the est delivery date to narrow in order to apply, but I don’t know if waiting will delay my order, thank you
I got the VIN yesterday and applied today since delivery date is within one month. Super fast. approved within one minute.

Reactions: GigaBot
I wasn’t sure if we were trading our vehicle to Tesla or selling it to Carmax. My OD was 1/13 and we couldn’t get to Carmax until 1/16. Ended up selling it to Carmax for way more than Tesla offered on trade. So as soon as I had the check in hand I used that money as a down payment and financed the rest thru Tesla. We ended up with Wells Fargo but on my M3 we had Chase. They called me on the phone to get some more information and 10 mins after I hung up with them, I got a text from Tesla saying we were approved. Might want to check into how long your finance approval is good for. If it’s good for 60 days and your car comes in let’s say 65, you will need to redo your application process.

Reactions: GigaBot
Just got my vin PF685 and delivery date 2/14.
MYLR White/Black 19 inch (Base)
O/D 1/15 noon PST
EDD1: 1/26-2/23
EDD2: 1/30-2/14
EDD3: 2/7-2/21
No Vin yet
San Francisco

Test drove a MYLR on 20 inch wheels at Colma on Sunday. Dealership was crowded AF, but got the test drive in for me and the wife. The car was smooth and fast(too fast). Coming to a stop and slow turns will take a while to get used to, but really nice car. Still checking the app and online at least 20 times a day like many others. Fingers crossed that I get it before March.
Just got my vin PF685 and delivery date 2/14. Colma, Ca pickup.

I wonder if we should start a support group for all the people being forced into buying Tesla’s even though they hate the way Tesla operates the company…
I will have to say, my initial impression of a direct to consumer and bypassing the haggling/dealing with a sales rep was a big positive. Then I experienced the rollercoaster of the EDD and updates, which honestly Tesla can easily smoothen out, and they should.

Granted, some of it is just eager anticipation.

Overall, I'd say there's some pros and cons, but not problem free or problem riddled compared with other car companies.

Just came across this useful link to verify local incentives for EV buyers via Ryan Shaw's channel - EV Incentives - Electric For All

Oregonians can now get up to $7500 in rebates for the purchase / lease of an EV. Lucky them!

Here in Arizona, we fully support EVs (sarcasm follows) ;)
We can legally drive in the HOV lane without any passengers. Yippee!​
APS is giving a $250 rebate towards installation of a level 2 wall charger, but not for Tesla wall chargers. Why?​
Greatly reduced annual auto registration, approximately 50% discount. Oh wait, that expired last year. Now I get to pay almost $1k per year to register my new MYLR. Any way, I can feel good that I supported in a small way the maintenance of our beautiful freeway system for our winter visitors and snow birds to enjoy.​
Joking aside, I am grateful for this window of opportunity to purchase the MY -- a vehicle that I thought this vehicle was out of reach two months ago.
Unfortunately, the Model Y does not qualify for a rebate in Oregon. A vehicle must have a model that is under $50,000 which mean the Model 3 qualifies but the Y does not.

As far as states go for charging a fee for EVs, that kind of makes sense (but don't agree with it). Tax on gasoline is used to maintain roads and infrastructure. Hence , EVs are driving on the roads tax free. Now, I am not the type who agrees with more taxation of any kind. We could cut the taxes by up to a 1/3 if the government was more efficient rather than some bloated whale

I placed order on Feb 3rd. Blue with white interior. My EDD updated from March-May to Apr 7-May 19. SA said white interior is reason for the delay
Then switch to black interior and get Taptes nappa white seat covers. If switching to black doesnt improve EDD, then you can switch back to white if u like. Personally I have black interior and white seat covers on order.

Reactions: Mrs.strand14

I miss when it was just an extra $140 (or was it $120?) vs $230 for me. Especially given input under 5k miles annually on the car. Our 3 is 5 years old with 13k miles.

Reactions: 455dan