Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, the Model Y does not qualify for a rebate in Oregon. A vehicle must have a model that is under $50,000 which mean the Model 3 qualifies but the Y does not.

As far as states go for charging a fee for EVs, that kind of makes sense (but don't agree with it). Tax on gasoline is used to maintain roads and infrastructure. Hence , EVs are driving on the roads tax free. Now, I am not the type who agrees with more taxation of any kind. We could cut the taxes by up to a 1/3 if the government was more efficient rather than some bloated whale
Here in Arizona, annual vehicle registration is very high to make up for relatively low sales taxes on gasoline. Registration fees are primarily earmarked to maintain state and city roads.

Anyway, I posted the link to assist others in finding state and local applicable financial incentives. The other was tongue-in-cheek banter.

Reactions: sdq_11 and Niroc
Then switch to black interior and get Taptes nappa white seat covers. If switching to black doesnt improve EDD, then you can switch back to white if u like. Personally I have black interior and white seat covers on order.

That’s not a bad idea. I will try and see if it makes any difference. I know there are a bunch of people in Jan still waiting for delivery and their EDD says end of March so not sure if SA was just BSing. Thanks for the suggestion

Reactions: chobra
That’s not a bad idea. I will try and see if it makes any difference. I know there are a bunch of people in Jan still waiting for delivery and their EDD says end of March so not sure if SA was just BSing. Thanks for the suggestion
I think the SA does not anything about which combinations will be delivered when. You ordered pretty late so the EDD you got makes sense.

Unfortunately, it may be a case that there are so many orders in front of yours. Recently I saw a graph that displayed daily order totals of the MY. The vast majority of them occurred between 1/13 and 1/20.

About 10 days ago, I changed my interior from white to black, and that evening its EDD changed from Jan-March to 2/21 to 3/31, where it remains today. By the way, my OD is 1/19.

I would caution you that changing your interior color back and forth may have exact opposite results you're seeking. Telsla issues a warning to that effect.

Reactions: rajeshch
Thanks for confirming. I heard back from the the 510 number and said to disregard any payment messages in the app and they can accept the check at time of delivery.

Congrats on yours as well. Please share with us on how it goes tomorrow.
Thanks. Pickup went well today. Arrived early at Springfield, NJ location to inspect vehicle ahead of time. One of the staff preparing vehicles told us they had 82 deliveries scheduled for today. We were able to look over the outside and inside before going in to hand over our cashiers check. I was nervous all week after hearing some of the issues that others encountered especially with Austin builds. The vehicle looked good to our untrained eyes. My only concern was that the odometer had over 30 miles, but I've bought other cars with that many miles so didn't think about it too much. After submitting the check we were told to go back to the car to fill out forms and drop it back inside when were done. Had a nice 45 minute drive home.

OD - 1/14/2023
VIN - 1/27/2023 - PA064 (built 1/26/2023)
Delivery - 2/11/2023

Thanks. Pickup went well today. Arrived early at Springfield, NJ location to inspect vehicle ahead of time. One of the staff preparing vehicles told us they had 82 deliveries scheduled for today. We were able to look over the outside and inside before going in to hand over our cashiers check. I was nervous all week after hearing some of the issues that others encountered especially with Austin builds. The vehicle looked good to our untrained eyes. My only concern was that the odometer had over 30 miles, but I've bought other cars with that many miles so didn't think about it too much. After submitting the check we were told to go back to the car to fill out forms and drop it back inside when were done. Had a nice 45 minute drive home.

OD - 1/14/2023
Delivery - 2/11/2023
How did you figure the build date?

OD - 1/14/2023
Delivery - 2/11/2023
That's amazing to hear! Hopefully the rest of us who are picking up this week in NJ also have a smooth Tesla pickup experience! 🙏

Reactions: nj987 and geekfam