Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a similar thing happen to me (check my signature). I got assigned a VIN a few days after my EDD got pushed. That being said, my OD was 1/13 so things moved along faster for me ("faster" but still took a full month from OD and I take delivery in the next few days).
Yes, I definitely pushed the button on Monday night the 16th, but the agreement shows
Order placed with
electronically
accepted terms 01/17/2023

Picked it up today. They had it parked right near the front door of the service center. I arrived 15 minutes early and inspected the exterior for paint, as well as, fit and trim issues. I thought there might have been a paint issue where the front left windshield meets the frunk, but the SA wiped it off. Must have been some residue from the protective covering. Driving was great! I am so glad I bought a Tesla. Keep the faith, it will be worth it in the end.

Very nice! Congrats! Fremont or Austin build? Headlights look non matrix. Not that I really care either way. I’m hopefully picking up in a couple of weeks

Still bored ...

Chart represents total number of orders and vins for January

Ex: the total number of orders on Jan 13 was 90. Out of 90 total orders 50 received VIN numbers.

Attachments

• Orders and Vins Jan 23.jpg
    Orders and Vins Jan 23.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
My six month premium with GEICO is about $3100. I have 4 cars now including the MYLR. Deductible on 3 is $1000 and the MYLR is $2000. One of the cars belongs to my daughter who’s a relatively new driver. I may wind up shopping around when all is said and done but I’ve been with GEICO for decades.
Definitely shop around. These guys don't really reward loyalty. I feel the negative impacts of a new driver too. I told NJM that my son is away from home for college, so he doesn't really drive the car except vacations. I am not sure if that helps.

I had USAA for a long time but they are more than double what I pay for Progressive. I check every policy renewal and nobody can touch Progressive. I was paying $465 every 6 months for two vehicles on Progressive (full coverage, $500 deductibles, $100k/300k property damage liability). My last attempt at USAA was over $1000 for the same coverage. I now have two teenagers with multiple infractions and it's way more than that and I won't even attempt USAA 😂
Haha, I don’t miss the teenage driver years in this house!
I get it, go with who is cheapest. We had Progressive at one point but raised the rates so that’s when we switched to GEICO. Now they are higher than USAA. We have looked into several options but this was the best for us.

White MYP w/ Black interior and tow hitch
Located in BC, 🇨🇦 but delivery to Alberta, 🇨🇦.
Ordered: Jan 14, 2023 @ 2:05 pm MT
Original EDD: Jan - Feb 2023
EDD updated Jan 18: Feb 3 - Mar 3, 2023
EDD updated Jan 23: TBD ☹️
EDD from Advisor on Feb 2: Feb 7 - Mar 5, 2023
EDD from Advisor on Feb 8: Feb 7 - Mar 1, 2023

I still only see TBD in the app and online so no idea where I stand with estimated delivery. I now text the advisor once a week and ask for an update.

Did anyone here who ordered a MYP after January 25th get a VIN yet?
My initial impression was that the Performance models have prioritized delivery as per Tesla’s Custom Order page however, in reality that doesn’t seem to be the case!

My initial impression was that the Performance models have prioritized delivery as per Tesla’s Custom Order page however, in reality that doesn’t seem to be the case!
I have seen a couple that were matched quickly but not many. Tesla only said delivery before end of March. Some LRs have been June EDD so MYP is delivering faster for sure

Reactions: majo
Hey all. Update from NY (NYC suburbs):
MSM/Black/19”/Tow (long range)
OD: 1/15/23 (8:15am)
EDD: Jan-March ‘23

After the Treasury updated from $55 to $80k for the tax credit I changed to 20” induction wheels for the additional $2k as I hated the Gemini look (and had planned to make some change to the 19” wheels had I gotten the car with them).

EDD: Feb 13- March 13 (There was no change in this EDD when I moved from the 19” to 20” wheels).
Today is obviously the 13th so around 6am I texted the 508 number asking if they could provide an update and possible VIN. Literally was on the phone this afternoon with my insurance company removing my 2022 Mustang Mach E from my policy (sold to Carmax for quite a bit over what anyone else was offering) when the text came from 508 with my VIN! Had my Mach E for 6 months. Couldn’t pass up the increase in range to the MY and the supercharger network by basically flipping my Mach E for the MY. Tax rebates for both 😀

EDD 2/27-3/7;
So while on the phone with insurance, I added my MYLR to the insurance policy for 2/27 and uploaded the proof to the app.
Now I can buy the accessories I have been checking out and want.

Mount Kisco pickup. It sure yet if they’ll deliver or not. If not, I can either have someone drive me there (within 30-45 min) or jump on the train (30 min) after work.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
I know of only one person. Most of the orders between 02/01 and 02/04 seem to have received their ED date range last week. I received mine on Thursday and hope to receive a VIN later this week or early next week. For those who applied for financing right after placing their order, I was told by the SA that the approval is valid for two months (from the date of approval).

BTW, Tesla is still claiming a Feb-March delivery if one was to order the MYP right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: majo
Took delivery of my mylr blue/white today in New Jersey. I had one issue that needed to be fixed, the driver side window wouldn't close. Took them 1.5 hours to fix. I noticed when I got home that the passenger seat has 2 noticeable creases that I want fixed. Also, one weird thing I'm hoping someone on this forum can help answer. My window sticker has a much higher price and has fsd listed as a purchased option, which I did not purchase (and is not installed in the car) . Is it possible this car was built for someone else??

Reactions: chobra
Took delivery of my mylr blue/white today in New Jersey. I had one issue that needed to be fixed, the driver side window wouldn't close. Took them 1.5 hours to fix. I noticed when I got home that the passenger seat has 2 noticeable creases that I want fixed. Also, one weird thing I'm hoping someone on this forum can help answer. My window sticker has a much higher price and has fsd listed as a purchased option, which I did not purchase (and is not installed in the car) . Is it possible this car was built for someone else??
Also fyi, the dealership forced me to accept delivery before unlocking the car so those of you who plan to inspect the inside prior to accepting delivery are out of luck.

• Informative
Reactions: DKS37