Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it has to have a 3D5, 3D1, rear motor to be 425 HP or more which a member posted earlier in this thread.
The 3D3 front and 3D3 rear will give the ~365 HP.

There was a post that detailed where in the VIN the rear motor code is

from another members post

3D5 front and 3D1 rear = 512hp
3D5 front and 3D5 rear = 482hp
3D3 front and 3D1 rear = 455hp
3D3 front and 3D5 rear = 425hp
3D3 front and 3D3 rear = 368hp

Any code but the 3D3 in the rear motor position in the above list is fine with me.

A few members have received the new 4D1 hairpin motor in their MYLR, like member JCLJorgenson

Could be wrong, but it is Hard for me to believe 365 HP in a 4300+ vehicle will run a 4.8 second to 60 MPH, again jmo.
Are you referring to this thread? I understand that Tesla uses a lot of the same components across their various models in order to achieve higher economies of scale.

Thanks for info. I am picking my car from Springfield NJ after 2 days.
Congrats and good luck. I picked up in Springfield on 2/11. The workers were busy but friendly and they let us look inside the car before accepting delivery. They said they had 80+ deliveries that day. We arrived ahead of our appointment time and were able to find our vehicle lined up on the side of the building.

Picked up my w/w/tow from fremont today. When I arrived car was on it's way over from the storage site. It was very busy with a lot of deliveries taking place. I was told to give them 30 minutes to prep. I asked about mud flaps and ppf, and they said they were installed as part of the prep. After a 30 minute coffee break I returned to an unlocked prepped vehicle that was fast charging. I fully inspected and found no flaws. I then paid for it via the plaid app. Unlike some other posts, there was absolutely no problem fully inspecting the vehicle and then paying. When I got home I noticed a very small light scratch at the top of the windshield right in the spot that I mount my easy pass toll transponder. I mounted the transponder, and now I don't see the scratch, problem solved. Delivery center was Dedham, Ma.

I think it has to have a 3D5, 3D1, rear motor to be 425 HP or more which a member posted earlier in this thread.
The 3D3 front and 3D3 rear will give the ~365 HP.

There was a post that detailed where in the VIN the rear motor code is

from another members post

3D5 front and 3D1 rear = 512hp
3D5 front and 3D5 rear = 482hp
3D3 front and 3D1 rear = 455hp
3D3 front and 3D5 rear = 425hp
3D3 front and 3D3 rear = 368hp

Any code but the 3D3 in the rear motor position in the above list is fine with me.

A few members have received the new 4D1 hairpin motor in their MYLR, like member JCLJorgenson

Could be wrong, but it is Hard for me to believe 365 HP in a 4300+ vehicle will run a 4.8 second to 60 MPH, again jmo.
Pretty sure you can't have the 3D5 on the front. The front motor is induction while the rear is permanent magnet. 3D3 is a front motor while the 3D1 3D5 are rear motors.

Reactions: 455dan