Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update:
Boston, MA
Stock MYLR (White/Black/19") + Tow
OD: 1/18 @ 6:45PM ET
OEDD: Jan-Mar
EDD 1 (1/19): 3/29-3/31, no VIN
EDD 2 (1/30): 3/7-3/31, no VIN

As many have reported, I also got an update to my delivery window today:
EDD 3 (2/14): 2/28-3/28, no VIN

Checked in with SA last week via (510) number and was told that I can expect my car in early March. 🤞

I wonder if this isn't some sort of subtle strategy by Tesla to reduce the orders a bit in different regions after the crush of demand - they're getting some money from us either way. Again would be nice if we could get some explanation from Tesla about this..

Update..

MYLR MSM/Black/19"/no options

OD/Profile Complete: 1/27
EDD 1: Jan - Mar
EDD 2 (1/31): 3/26 - 3/31
2/2: Received mobile connector
2/6: Received email to attend "What to expect while awaiting delivery"
2/7: Received text to order upgrades with new $80k IRS cap
2/13: Received second email to attend "What to expect while awaiting delivery" with additional dates added
EDD 3 (2/14): 3/27 - 3/31

No changes made to original order

So Cal

On February 7, I received the following email from Tower.
We have conditionally approved your request for a Vehicle Loan for $XXX with the interest rate of 2.240% based on information you provided regarding income, and the credit information we obtained with your permission.
Then, I applied for the membership with $35 donation. I have not heard anything. Am I still getting 2.2%? I heard that Tower dramatically increased the rate a few days ago.
My delivery date for Model Y LR is February 20. I have 5.34% Tesla Loan with Wells Fargo though.

Noob here. After giving myself a dope-slap for not ordering a MYLR immediately after the $13K price drop last month, I ordered a MYP Blue/White on 2/6 so that I could get delivery before the end of March. Gave myself another dope-slap two days later when all the MYSRs dropped into inventory. I happened to be on the Tesla website less than an hour after the drop, and immediately called my local SC to change my order. The SA said she needed manager approval as the MYSR was in pre-production. I ran some errands, and checked the website a couple hours later, and the car I wanted wasn't there anymore. Texted the SC again and was told someone else had grabbed it. The SA suggested that I place an order for another one before they were all spoken for. I texted back that I didn't want to lose $250 for cancelling my first order, but heard nothing back for the rest of the day. The next day, I called the SC and had another talk with the same SA, who more or less assured me the $250 from my cancelled order would be applied to my new order. I hung up and placed an order for an "existing" MYSR Blue/Black.
Now it's five days later and I'm still waiting to hear back from the SC. I have an EDD of 3/12 - 3/31 for the MYP, but no VIN, and a VIN for the MYSR, but no EDD. Also, the delivery location for the MYSR is not my local SC (44 miles away), but another one across the state (188 miles away).
Any thoughts/suggestions/similar experiences?

I too received an updated EDD today...

My original date was March 2-31 and I was willing to risk the tax credit gamble. When the IRS rules changed for the higher amounts, I had found an current inventory MY/W/W 20" in current inventory and placed an additional order. I recieved the VIN within a couple of days and was going back and forth as to which one to hold out for. Now that they have pushed my original EDD out another month, I might actually go for the higher priced (due to price increase, white interior and 20") option that is currently in stock, although it is $4500 higher than the no options one that I had originally ordered.

I wonder if this isn't some sort of subtle strategy by Tesla to reduce the orders a bit in different regions after the crush of demand - they're getting some money from us either way. Again would be nice if we could get some explanation from Tesla about this..
Shitty Company or Shitty Leadership ..even though I am waiting for a Tesla as well and see my data pushed to end of March

Sad to hear so many EDD's changing today, So far mine hasnt moved

ODD 1/23 (11AM PST)
EDD Jan - March 31st
2/4 EDD 3/10-3/31
2/12 changed color to blue
2/14 EDD still at 3/10-3/31

SoCal user here
Forgot mention ordered tesla wall charger from Tesla app on Sunday 2/12 (bathroom break during superbowl lol)
got shipping notification yesterday 2/13
Delivery scheduled through UPS on 2/15

My wild guess, let me know if this make sense...
Seems most of today's pushouts are with Black interior and today also some folks with white interior received their VINs.
Until yesterday White interior with 1/13 - 1/55 OD are waiting where as 1/18 OD black interior are getting VNI's.

Changing to White interior may improve the date :)

Shitty Company or Shitty Leadership ..even though I am waiting for a Tesla as well and see my data pushed to end of March
Or great company and great leadership. Maybe they recognized some quality control issues and decided to slow some things down to improve quality of the final product.

Also I would imagine that Tesla and the IRS are in conversations about the whole incentive and maybe they know the battery requirements will get delayed. Now that last part is just wishful thinking on my part but I don’t think they are making these decisions without information driving them.

My edd got pushed today too. I’m not mad. It’s my own fault for dragging my feet on my order. Not Tesla.

OD 1/26
EDD1 Feb-Mar
EDD2 Mar 14-31
EDD3 (2/14/23): April 10 - May 22

Upstate New York
MYLR blue/black/19/tow.