Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was a little nervous last night reading a lot of people saying their EDD got pushed back a significant amount. i guess I was one of the lucky ones. To my surprise I woke up to a text saying VIN IS ASSIGNED!!! looks like its coming from Fremont.
4th update EDD: 3/4-3/11
OD: 1/25
Where is your delivery at? I think it has more to do with destination than what people ordered.

Thats exactly what Tesla keeps telling me also. OD 1-15 @ 7:14 am MYLR 5 Red/black 19" wheels EDD pushed back to 3-3 to 3-31 just a few days ago
I'm in the same boat. OD 1/15 (evening). MSM/White Interior/19" wheels. EDD pushed back (on 2/14) to Mar 3-Mar 31. It'll be interesting to see whether orders from buyers in CA are getting pushed back into mid-end March?
Now gives me more time to agonize about whether to get the 20" wheels...:)

Reactions: sdq_11
For those who picked up the car recently, is it confirmed that Tesla no longer includes front license plate bracket ?
It depends on the state. If your state requires it, then they have to provide one by law. Whether its installed or left in the trunk depends on the delivery center. In MA, all cars are delivered with Front plates installed at the delivery center. In some cases due to rush or lethargy, they may not do it and leave it in the trunk. But you can request your SA to do it. Because in theory, you could get a ticket as soon as you get out of their lot. And in anyone challenges that if court, Tesla could be in trouble with their dealers license.

Anyone with Feb 9 inventory order date for MYAWD? Got VIN same day no EDD. The SA on chat weeks delivery before I ordered. The one in the text msgs said is preproduction. All the other steps like registration finance and tradein are accepted. EDD is blank. Delivery in Atlanta coming from Austin based on VIN. PA

OD 2/9
VIN 2/9

Hi all, does anyone know if we can order an available model y in other states, and take delivery and drive back to the home state and register it?

I understand I might need to pay temp registration charges in the selling state, what else would be additional? Does Tesla allow that?

It’s day one of my fourth two-week EDD range: 2/15-3/1. OD 1/13 MYP red/black.
What are the odds makers saying the chances are I’ll get a VIN vs another date push?
I was in the same boat. 2/13 was day one of my one MONTH window. I texted the SA at 6am and asked when I would get a VIN. I got the VIN later that same day with a build of THE SAME DAY! Maybe you should text and ask, who knows…

It looks like Austin builds are Kennesaw and Fremont builds are Roswell
Don't think so. My neighbor picked his Y, a week before, from roswell and his is Austin build as well. Exact configuration as mine.
SA told me it's depends on where the truck load is going and available space in the parking lot.

Kennesaw parking lot was packed. Half of the spaces in nearby chapel were filled with Tesla.

Anyone with Feb 9 inventory order date for MYAWD? Got VIN same day no EDD. The SA on chat weeks delivery before I ordered. The one in the text msgs said is preproduction. All the other steps like registration finance and tradein are accepted. EDD is blank. Delivery in Atlanta coming from Austin based on VIN. PA

OD 2/9
VIN 2/9

Your car is not long range
While it is true... why do you bring it up?

At first glance, I thought it could be because this thread is for LR, but it's not. It's just a general one for all MYs.

I don't want to give you false hope or anything, but my EDD (OD: 1/23) was also 4/1-5/13 for 10 days (from 1/25 to 2/5). Then it changed back to March.

So there is always a chance it could move back to March, there is enough time for at least a few more EDD changes for us, so hope for the best!!
I’m hoping you’re right. But I think my issue probably has to do with the Blue paint. I don’t really see a lot of movement for those ODs with blue past ~1/16. i hope I'm wrong though lol.

I spoke to SA and was informed that the production of MYSR hasn't yet started - she might have meant that the production of my MYSR hasn't started so I asked again and she confirmed again that no MYSR have been produced. Is this accurate?

Additionally, I was informed that the batteries used in MYSR are all built in US so I suppose this would qualify for the 7.5k federal tax credit even post March? Can someone confirm this?

Lastly, she said

Awesome! What was your OD?
There are 2 components to the tax credit, 1 final assembly in the US for $3,750. 2, x percent (it's either 40 of 50) of the critical materials must be sourced from us or free trade partners for the other $3,750 in 2023 which goes up every year. Telsas (and several others) meet the first part. The IRS is coming up with the rules for how to measure critical materials (volume, value, weight, etc...) and there isn't a definition in the law of "free trade partner". So unless something drastically changes, you all all put assured the $3,750. The other part could go away sometime in March or later. Nobody knows other than speculation.

Reactions: hp1234
I would like to conduct some research (out of curiosity).

For those who ordered after 1/19, what caused you to delay ordering soon after the 1/13 price decrease ?
We weren't really in the market quite yet but starting to think about it as our ICE vehicles are getting old and expensive to maintain. The price drop piqued our interest but like all big purchases we delayed in order to think about it. When the MYLR price increased by $500 it pushed us to visit the Showroom and do a test drive, ordered that same day - 1/28.

Reactions: geekfam and MYclub
People here seem to give SAs too much credit. SAs are just sales people and just like how you get your order information by looking at your app, they too are limited in what they know to what they see on their system. Maybe the only piece of information they may have and you don’t is the date the car was built but until the car is actually built, they are just as clueless as you are. They have no idea how Tesla logistics works or what the future plans are. If they tell you that your car will come with this accessory or that headlight or whatever, it’s all their best guess and nothing else.

Reactions: sdq_11