Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the order do I have to do anything else? because I've seen people after ordering that they have to do some things on their account inside the car order
Yes. Download the Tesla app to your phone or tablet and there will be a number of tasks to complete, such as providing your registration address, photo of your DL, proof of insurance, whether or not you have a trade-in, and how you plan to pay (cash, lease or loan). You will not be put into the queue until you finish most of these.

Yes. Download the Tesla app to your phone or tablet and there will be a number of tasks to complete, such as providing your registration address, photo of your DL, proof of insurance, whether or not you have a trade-in, and how you plan to pay (cash, lease or loan). You will not be put into the queue until you finish most of these.
I do not have any tasks assigned. Neither in the app or the website. So thats why the EDD moved from February 22 - March 10 to Feb - Mar 2023 ?

what was the OD ? did you get VIN assigned for MYAWD ? is this in NJ ? I have 2 orders in queue one ordered originally MYLR on Jan 18 EDD is Feb 28-Mar 28 as per SA it should be around march 9. other order i placed recently for MYAWD on Feb 10 did receive VIN but EDD is Feb 22-Mar 22. did receive rebate related email as well on Feb 13..hoping to get at least 1 MY before Feb 28
OD was 2/3. I got VIN immediately. I’m in VA.

SF Bay Area
LR - Most Basic config, W/B no options
OD: 1/14
EDD: was changing almost daily, narrowed to 2/9-2/18, then updated to Mar-May 2023 this week!
Woww... that's unheard of for your order date. Did you make any changes after your OD or not complete registration etc.? A lot of people (at least what I see in this forum) have received their vehicles with your config/OD.

I would like to conduct some research (out of curiosity).

For those who ordered after 1/19, what caused you to delay ordering soon after the 1/13 price decrease ?
I was in the market for a 7-seater but only after the price cut, I realized I could live with another 5-seaters than the 7. I also looked at a 7 seater and it wasn't for us. Then waited a couple of days for layoff news (Seattle area) before finally pulling the trigger on the evening of 1/22.
Then made the mistake of not completing registration until 1/25. The written order date is 1/23.

Reactions: MYclub and erktrek
Lo and behold they just assigned me a VIN and asking me to schedule pickup by next week. I am not even ready since I am travelling as well as I have to start planning for charger installtion at home and financing. I am really glas but I also hope it's not a reject from someone. Now if I can't schedule for next week pickup would they cancel or let me choose a schedule time in March when I have all my ducks in order? Thanks
Dont think its a reject. Between VIN assignment and scheduling a pickup txt was about an hour (on Sunday) or two difference for me. Pickup was a week out on Sunday. The car was in perfect condition (Austin build)

Reactions: geekfam
Would most of you all agree that a narrower EDD timeframe is or has been more accurate in your experience? Or more unlikely to change much going forward?
Not for me... window went down to last 2 weeks in March then pushed to April 19 - May 31. If it were less than 2 weeks then maybe? Hopefully others can chime in with their experiences but ultimately I don't think there is a pattern for this.

I would like to conduct some research (out of curiosity).

For those who ordered after 1/19, what caused you to delay ordering soon after the 1/13 price decrease ?
I have a model 3 in order to be delivered next week. Saw the model y with 50990 AWD inventory dump and just upgraded to it. The Tesla chat advisor mentioned delivery will be in 2 weeks. It will be my daily car and no need for a long range one. Tax rebate is the only reason for the new car.

Reactions: MYclub and erktrek
Not for me... window went down to last 2 weeks in March then pushed to April 19 - May 31. If it were less than 2 weeks then maybe? Hopefully others can chime in with their experiences but ultimately I don't think there is a pattern for this.
Ugh that is rough. Yeah mine is March 26 to March 31, ODD of 1/22. Seeing a lot of these other orders before mine with later and wider range EDDs makes me a little nervous but it is what it is I suppose

Reactions: erktrek
SF Bay Area
LR - Most Basic config, W/B no options
OD: 1/14
EDD: was changing almost daily, narrowed to 2/9-2/18, then updated to Mar-May 2023 this week!
What day did it update to Mar-May? Is it just Mar-May or specific dates? I have seen many times in the past that the EDD goes to the vague month dates (usually corresponding to the new order range) shortly before the VIN is assigned. I think usually people get their VIN within 24hrs of that happening when that is the cause. So that is an optimistic view of your situation as I've seen it happen many times before.

Reactions: erktrek
Ugh that is rough. Yeah mine is March 26 to March 31, ODD of 1/22. Seeing a lot of these other orders before mine with later and wider range EDDs makes me a little nervous but it is what it is I suppose
Yeah my OD was 1/28 so you probably have a better shot of making at least the March delivery. I was speculating that now Tesla's manufacturing slots are all filled for the first quarter - any deliveries AFTER mid-April will be from the 2nd quarter production run. This in itself might not be so bad as end of quarter pushes might (warning: speculation) have higher QC issues due to the rush. Not sure how long the average build to delivery time is though.

Inventory keeps popping up and gets snatched quickly. Keep checking for your region. The only problem or difference based on one's perception is, if you ordered after 1st price drop then easily the difference in what you ordered and what shows up in inventory is $6K. You can always offset it by 2K citing the difference in wheel size. Then again, to each its own.

Summary - keep checking inventory in your region and call a SA to have your $250 amount transferred to new order if you desperately want the car 😬