Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really hoping we get a VIN soon… my wife unfortunately got into an accident yesterday and her car is totaled. Thankfully not a scratch on her.

OD 1/14
MYLR white/white/19
EDD pushed back to 2/23-3/23
Ouch. Glad to hear she came out unscratched. BTW. OD 1/13, MYLR W/W/19/Tow, EDD 2/16-3/16. Gilroy delivery location. No VIN today ...

Ordered My Model Y late on the 16th, system says the 17th. Originally Jan - Mar, then Feb 4 - Mar- 4. On the 5th it changed to Feb 13 - Mar 13. We'll see what happens Tuesday. Still no VIN :(
Feb 14 Changed to Mar 1 to Mar 29.
Was looking at an inventory car this morning, but was too late. I was told my car is tentatively scheduled for Mar 10 delivery, no VIN yet.

Reactions: drew212
Got my car today. Super smooth experience. Paid by plaid.

There were no panel gaps. No dents.
There were a couple minor scratches. One of them they cleared.
There was no PPF or mudguards.

They don't do 100miles /24 h anymore apparently. You need to check while in the lot.

I only accepted it after I checked exterior and interior. They were super nice and professional.

Don't be anal or Karen about the car and people will be nice to you. Some posts here talk about issues, all the others are enjoying the car. Don't go in with a goal to reject a car for minor issues.
They even offered to fully charge, but I had enough charge for 200 miles.

Getting home was smooth. Will be putting mud guards and may be PPF on front ( TBD).
Overall .. happy customer!

Just got a text... VIN assigned.👍

Now, I have to rush to redo the trade-in and financing... which was practically done and I thought it would've expired before getting delivery... apparently, it wouldn't have expired. Oh well.
What were your colors?

I ordered MYLR on 1/22 and upgraded to MYP on 2/3 also and my EDD is 2/23-3/23. So maybe I’m not far behind. Except my colors are Blue/white so maybe I got a bit more waiting to do.

Ouch. Glad to hear she came out unscratched. BTW. OD 1/13, MYLR W/W/19/Tow, EDD 2/16-3/16. Gilroy delivery location. No VIN today ...
Has your EDD changed? OD 1/14, LR blue/BLK/19/tow EDD 1/31-2/8 changed to 2/8-2/14. I changed my order to performance on 2/8 and my new EDD is now 2/15-2/25. It's been getting pushed out by one day last few days. Gilroy order.

Got my car today. Super smooth experience. Paid by plaid.

There were no panel gaps. No dents.
There were a couple minor scratches. One of them they cleared.
There was no PPF or mudguards.

They don't do 100miles /24 h anymore apparently. You need to check while in the lot.

I only accepted it after I checked exterior and interior. They were super nice and professional.

Don't be anal or Karen about the car and people will be nice to you. Some posts here talk about issues, all the others are enjoying the car. Don't go in with a goal to reject a car for minor issues.
They even offered to fully charge, but I had enough charge for 200 miles.

Getting home was smooth. Will be putting mud guards and may be PPF on front ( TBD).
Overall .. happy customer!

whoa, is this a new policy? Anyone else been told the same?

Reactions: bdhaduk
Is your OD 1/23? Thanks

What were your colors?

I ordered MYLR on 1/22 and upgraded to MYP on 2/3 also and my EDD is 2/23-3/23. So maybe I’m not far behind. Except my colors are Blue/white so maybe I got a bit more waiting to do.
Late night 1/21, but counted as 1/22. Previously, I was saying mistakenly saying 1/22 & 1/23. I just remember it as Saturday night, Sunday morning (I’m a night owl).

My final selection is MYP with no options on 2/3.

Has your EDD changed? OD 1/14, LR blue/BLK/19/tow EDD 1/31-2/8 changed to 2/8-2/14. I changed my order to performance on 2/8 and my new EDD is now 2/15-2/25. It's been getting pushed out by one day last few days. Gilroy order.
No change yet. The app I refresh every 5 minutes still shows 2/16-3/16. When I stop trusting the app, I check the website and get the same response.

MYLR Blue/Black/19/
OD: 02/03
EDD1: FEB-MAR
EDD2: MAY-JUN

Found a match in Ohio and reserved it for $250, having it shipped for pickup. I was worried but the easiest part was getting a SA to add the new car (with VIN) to my old RN number to get original pricing. In place of the normal "transport fee" they are using my "extra" $250 I used to reserve the ohio car.
May I know how you managed to get that shipped to Alabama? Is it to your local Tesla service center or your home? When you say SA, do you mean service agent? Do we have any contact # or email?