Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 2/9 - MYAWD inventory dump
VIN - 2/9
EDD - TBD
the tesla chat before I ordered said it will only take 2 weeks. now they are saying no ETA we will contact you when it's ready for delivery. All the other process including trade-in and loan are confirmed in the app.

Anyone who ordered during that time?

OD 2/9 - MYAWD inventory dump
VIN - 2/9
EDD - TBD
the tesla chat before I ordered said it will only take 2 weeks. now they are saying no ETA we will contact you when it's ready for delivery. All the other process including trade-in and loan are confirmed in the app.

Anyone who ordered during that time?
location for pickup? seems to make a big difference from what I've seen.
ordered the 11th, EDD hasnt changed since VIN

What a mess....
So, I got the VIN, then two quick text to schedule delivery shortly afterwards yesterday. I then started (for the second time) the process for trade-in.

Today, I get two more text to schedule delivery, with the second additionally saying I need to schedule by tomorrow or it'll be reassigned, etc. All while I'm waiting for approval from Tesla themselves.

I'm like... "What the heck man, I'm TRYING!!!!!"

:eek:
I wonder what happens if you go ahead and schedule delivery while you're waiting for trade-in info, did you ask them?

Is this the first time you submitted trade-in info or did your first time expire and you re-submitted? I heard that some that had theirs expire was able to get it extended, but more often they had to re-submit with just updated mileage.

I have VIN but no scheduled delivery date (haven't been given the option yet) and my trade-in quote expire in 2 days.

What a mess....
So, I got the VIN, then two quick text to schedule delivery shortly afterwards yesterday.

Today, I get two more text to schedule delivery, with the second additionally saying I need to schedule by tomorrow or it'll be reassigned, etc. All while I'm waiting for approval from Tesla themselves.

Yeah, sucks. Some people get VIN 1-2 weeks before delivery. Some they make you take delivery next day after VIN

What a mess....
So, I got the VIN, then two quick text to schedule delivery shortly afterwards yesterday. I then started (for the second time) the process for trade-in.

I'm like... "What the heck man, I'm TRYING!!!!!"

:eek:
Thats what I had to go through. My EDD was 3/4-3/31. Then Tuesday I got VIN notification and schedule delivery minutes apart. The next day got the schedule or lose text. Delivery today 3pm CST:)

Got excited by a 510 text this morning that started "Great News!" thinking I got my VIN but then it says "We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app." Of course I already did all those things last month when I ordered.

But being the usual kind of person that haunts these forums I did what any of us would do, and searched previous posts of people getting that same text and then averaged how long until they actually got their VIN. And here's the crazy part: it's 1-2 weeks 😆. The quickest I saw someone get it was the next day, but most people get the VIN within 7-9 days or so of that text. The longest I saw someone wait for a VIN after that text was 11 days.

Carry on...

OOD: 1/22 MLYR Blue/Black/Tow
Upgrade: 2/3 MYP Blue/White/Tow
Current EDD: Feb 23-Mar 23
I just received the same text message.

Reactions: mvr1127
Tesla is trying to sell the old regular model Y via local inventory until march 31 now. Some people have moved to April and May so they can buy this crap.
It’s actually *new* battery technology, not old.

• Helpful
Reactions: YisPatHere
Tesla is trying to sell the old regular model Y via local inventory until march 31 now. Some people have moved to April and May so they can buy this crap.
Yeah I noticed a bunch in inventory around NJ/NY area... a few were $70k+ which threw me a bit until I realized they included FSD. Not really ready to make THAT kind of commitment for reduced range or beta sw. They want to move them? Drop the price by $5k or so for inv models.

Just got my VIN assigned during the Super Bowl!

MSM Y LR / 19 Gemini / Black

Order date: 1/16
EDD1: 2/10 - 3/17
EDD2: 2/16 - 3/16
VIN assigned 2/12
EDD3: 2/27 - 3/6

Freemont build, Mt Kisko NY delivery

Update!

2/17 - notified to schedule delivery.

Delivery scheduled for 2/28.

Thrilled that I should be able to take delivery prior to March and alleviate my worry about the tax credit. Hope everything looks good as far as build quality!

Question for detailing-savvy members - how long should I wait before applying a traditional wax / paint sealant? My understanding is that new paint needs to cure before applying any type of sealant or PPF. Any body shop safe protectants I can use for a couple months while paint is curing? I plan to do a full paint correction and ceramic coating in 2-3 months.

Reactions: erktrek
Black MYLR7 white interior stock wheels.

ordered date 1/23 (at night)
Est. Delivery March 9-31

(updated on 2-14) Est. Delivery February 25- March 25
(updated on 2-15) Est. Delivery February 21 - March 2, Vin Received [Fremont build]
(updated on 2-16) Scheduled a delivery February 20

OD - 01/18 6:00 AM PST--MYLR MSM BLACK 19" WHEEL
EDD 2/9 - 3/9
1/23/23 EDD 2/20 - 3/27
** Update 2/5/23 8:00 am
EDD CHANGED 2/16 - 3/16
*** 2/14/23 6:00 am
EDD CHANGED AGAIN 3/12 - 3/31...
kind of mad about this when I have seen several model y with same options either being delivered or for sale on the Tesla site --- none in my area though...

** 2/16 canceled order ---- found nice 2022 MY for about 7k cheaper and it only had 1,000 miles on it. Really like Tesla cars but, the bullshit with ordering and getting "passed over" to fill a area like ohio with uneeded cars sucks ! Should be fill the orders as the come into the queue. There shouldn't be " can only be registered in such and such".... it's not like the USA is separate countries grouped together... I can by any other car from a neighboring state and registered it at my home state-- why can't I do that with a tesla ?