Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also 3rd party repair shops.. I agree - I suspect the issue will start a decline spiral as gas stations close, oil companies cut back and ICE prices start to drop. The change might be slow at first but will accelerate.

Used vehicles might end up becoming very cheap which would then be an attractive option to folks in lower income brackets. Of course obtaining gas will become even more difficult and likely expensive.

A "hidden" issue is the environmental cleanup of gas stations and some refineries once they close.

I think we are in for a long run with both EVs and ICE. Manufacturers are gearing up for the transition, but way too many people out there don’t like the idea of EVs even though most have never driven one. One thing that I see happening that’ll slow the transition is OPEC flooding the market driving down gas prices to keep money flowing into their pockets as long as possible. They did this a few years ago to put shale companies out of business and will likely do it again to slow the transition away from gas vehicles. One upside to this is maybe electric rates would fall as a result, but not holding my breath. Electric rates in NH are terrible which makes driving a model Y equivalent to a 30mpg car today.

Reactions: YisPatHere
MYLR all defaults/no upgrades

OD 1/23
EDD initial: Jan - Mar 31E
End of Jan EDD updated to: Feb 27 - Mar 31
Delivery: Dallas area and
No updates for last 3-4 weeks on EDD or VIN

I filled in all the required information like delivery, registration etc. no trade-in. Only thing to do is financing but SA advised to not apply for loan until VIN assignment.

I continue to see the following in the Tesla app: "Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery" (see screen shot from the app); but I have completed everything I could so far.

Anyone else see this? Am i missing anything that I should complete?
Not my phone ap, it just says

We'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks.
desk top shows:

Download the Tesla App​

Complete your pre-delivery tasks in the Tesla app.

To download, open your smartphone's camera and scan the QR code below.

Already have the phone ap. above

SEEMS about as Clear as mud.

Reactions: firsttimer
MYLR all defaults/no upgrades

OD 1/23
EDD initial: Jan - Mar 31E
End of Jan EDD updated to: Feb 27 - Mar 31
Delivery: Dallas area and
No updates for last 3-4 weeks on EDD or VIN

I filled in all the required information like delivery, registration etc. no trade-in. Only thing to do is financing but SA advised to not apply for loan until VIN assignment.

I continue to see the following in the Tesla app: "Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery" (see screen shot from the app); but I have completed everything I could so far.

Anyone else see this? Am i missing anything that I should complete?
nah, thatll be there til you pay. could line up insurance, but not until vin

Reactions: firsttimer
I think we are in for a long run with both EVs and ICE. Manufacturers are gearing up for the transition, but way too many people out there don’t like the idea of EVs even though most have never driven one. One thing that I see happening that’ll slow the transition is OPEC flooding the market driving down gas prices to keep money flowing into their pockets as long as possible. They did this a few years ago to put shale companies out of business and will likely do it again to slow the transition away from gas vehicles. One upside to this is maybe electric rates would fall as a result, but not holding my breath. Electric rates in NH are terrible which makes driving a model Y equivalent to a 30mpg car today.
The change from horse and carriage started slow too and then rapidly shifted - only took about a decade or so for automobiles to outnumber horses thanks to entrepreneurs like Henry Ford. To your point there were still horses around but the cities were becoming less and less horse friendly. Today our society seems to move at a much faster pace thanks to technological advances but the population is greater and the existing industry (oil companies/ICE manufactures) are much more powerful. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next decade or so.

OD - 01/18 6:00 AM PST--MYLR MSM BLACK 19" WHEEL
EDD 2/9 - 3/9
1/23/23 EDD 2/20 - 3/27
** Update 2/5/23 8:00 am
EDD CHANGED 2/16 - 3/16
*** 2/14/23 6:00 am
EDD CHANGED AGAIN 3/12 - 3/31...
kind of mad about this when I have seen several model y with same options either being delivered or for sale on the Tesla site --- none in my area though...

** 2/16 canceled order ---- found nice 2022 MY for about 7k cheaper and it only had 1,000 miles on it. Really like Tesla cars but, the bullshit with ordering and getting "passed over" to fill a area like ohio with uneeded cars sucks ! Should be fill the orders as the come into the queue. There shouldn't be " can only be registered in such and such".... it's not like the USA is separate countries grouped together... I can by any other car from a neighboring state and registered it at my home state-- why can't I do that with a tesla ?
So what would you do in Tesla's place:

Someone cancels their order after their car has been loaded on a train bound for the east coast. The first transfer point happens to be in Ohio, close to a Service Center that serves a 5 state area with at least hundreds of thousands of potential customers. Do you put the car back on another train heading to the west coast, incurring even more transportation costs, and hope the next customer doesn't cancel, or do you try to sell it in Ohio. (Keep in mind, the eventual recipient probably hasn't made a final payment, so you're still carrying the cost of the car on your books.) I don't know how many Teslas pass through Ohio on a weekly basis, but it's probably in the hundreds, if not in the thousands, and it's not surprising that 40-50 a week end up getting side-tracked this way, They all end up getting sold within a few hours at most, so from their point of view it's a winning proposition - the car gets paid for, and the backlog of orders gets lessened. It sucks for those who get "passed over", as you put it, but trying to do it any other way would be a logistical nightmare.

OD - 01/18 6:00 AM PST--MYLR MSM BLACK 19" WHEEL
EDD 2/9 - 3/9
1/23/23 EDD 2/20 - 3/27
** Update 2/5/23 8:00 am
EDD CHANGED 2/16 - 3/16
*** 2/14/23 6:00 am
EDD CHANGED AGAIN 3/12 - 3/31...
kind of mad about this when I have seen several model y with same options either being delivered or for sale on the Tesla site --- none in my area though...

** 2/16 canceled order ---- found nice 2022 MY for about 7k cheaper and it only had 1,000 miles on it. Really like Tesla cars but, the bullshit with ordering and getting "passed over" to fill a area like ohio with uneeded cars sucks ! Should be fill the orders as the come into the queue. There shouldn't be " can only be registered in such and such".... it's not like the USA is separate countries grouped together... I can by any other car from a neighboring state and registered it at my home state-- why can't I do that with a tesla ?
It has to do with the states not wanting to change how cars can be sold. It’s the state you live in faults not Teslas.

The change from horse and carriage started slow too and then rapidly shifted - only took about a decade or so for automobiles to outnumber horses thanks to entrepreneurs like Henry Ford. To your point there were still horses around but the cities were becoming less and less horse friendly. Today our society seems to move at a much faster pace thanks to technological advances but the population is greater and the existing industry (oil companies/ICE manufactures) are much more powerful. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next decade or so.
Haha, I actually used the horse and buggy analogy when going back and forth with a friend who is anti-EV. I just laugh and carry on.

• Funny
Reactions: erktrek
OD 2/9 - MYAWD inventory dump
VIN - 2/9
EDD - TBD
the tesla chat before I ordered said it will only take 2 weeks. now they are saying no ETA we will contact you when it's ready for delivery. All the other process including trade-in and loan are confirmed in the app.

Anyone who ordered during that time?

yes, ordered on 2/10 - bay area. Got VIN assigned in minutes but no updates since then. they said its in production and ETA will be updated when available.

Reactions: dion009
To get USAA you must have military affiliation? My brother has, but parents didn't. No other way to join USAA? Have gotten quotes from 4-5 companies, so far Progressive is lowest for me in AZ (no negatives on my record). I already have my BMW bike with Progressive so the multi-policy helps.
You might not be missing out. I had USAA for a decade and had to ditch them because they were 3X what other insurance companies were charging. No infractions whatsoever on my record but in NY they are unable to compete. Could be my state though.

You might not be missing out. I had USAA for a decade and had to ditch them because they were 3X what other insurance companies were charging. No infractions whatsoever on my record but in NY they are unable to compete. Could be my state though.
We love USAA, got it through a grandparent many years ago. They are great with claims and the coverage is excellent depending on what you choose. Would definitely recommend if you can get it - also home insurance etc etc. Haven't checked the rates lately so it's definitely worth comparing though.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Would switching to a Blue/Black with 20" boost my EDD? I know it is tough to have a definite answer on this but it would be really helpful if someone with similar configuration share their EDD? Or maybe just tell if their EDDs were pushed back or pumped up on 2/14?

I switched mine to 20" and got VIN the next morning.
OD: 01/17
EDD1: March 21 - March 31
EDD2: Feb 26 - March 21
EDD3: March 1 - March 7 ( After VIN assigned on 02/17, wheels changed to 20" on 02/16)

Would switching to a Blue/Black with 20" boost my EDD? I know it is tough to have a definite answer on this but it would be really helpful if someone with similar configuration share their EDD? Or maybe just tell if their EDDs were pushed back or pumped up on 2/14?
I switched mine to 20" and got VIN the next morning.
OD: 01/17, CA, Orange County
EDD1: March 21 - March 31
EDD2: Feb 26 - March 21
EDD3: March 1 - March 7 ( After VIN assigned on 02/17, wheels changed to 20" on 02/16)

Reactions: sdq_11