Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a MY model that Tesla name Model Y AWD. It is using 4680 batteries. It is only made in TX. You can't order it through Tesla.com. Every week or two Tesla dumps a bunch into inventory and you can order from there. Last week they dumped 300 cars and all are now sold.

If you order a MYLR or MYP it will have 2170 batteries regardless of factory.

You can sign up for inventory alerts through waitingfortesla.com to find out when the next dump happens.

MYAWD has lower range than LR. 279 vs 330. It is currently $4K cheaper than LR.
3 k cheaper.

While I'm very happy for yous guys (said in my best NJ accent) - I have to wonder why this is happening to us Ny/NJers.. also am extremely envious.

Again my OD: 1/28, EDD was 03/20-03/31 and is now April 19 - May 31

MYLR - Grey/Black, tow hitch, 19" tires, not being financed, delivery to showroom in Cherry Hill, NJ (near Philadelphia)

It's the tow hitch isn't it? 😉
I think it's more the location than the options. You're close to as far as you can be from the source.
For me:
MYLR Whi/Blk 19" Tow hitch (delivery to Tucson)
OD: 1/27
Initial EDD: Feb-Mar
Updates a few days later EDD: 3/16-3/31
Still the same EDD today. No change on the big 2/14 pushout. Patience Grasshopper...

Reactions: erktrek
Elon called this out in 2022 q3 earning call. I am not sure why this information are quite difficult to search out now, maybe Tesla specifically want to hide this information to tease more sales in Q1.
If that were the case, he wouldn’t let Tesla’s website say the EV credit only applies up to March.

Here’s a snippet…

Elon Musk -- Chief Executive Officer and Product Architect

Well, yeah, I mean I think just at a high level, I'd say, we do expect to fully meet the IRA's requirements. Do you want to add?

Zachary Kirkhorn -- Chief Financial Officer

Yeah. We view that passing of the Inflation Reduction Act, there's a significant boost toward accelerating automation, while also scaling the battery supply chain at large in the United States. We expect Treasury to publish detailed guidance by the end of the year. Until such time, it's difficult to fully determine the eligibility criteria, but we believe Tesla is very well-positioned to capture a significant share of that for solar storage and also electric vehicles.

Reactions: WyoDude and sunman
Sweet! My OD was 1/28 and I'm now on track for a 2nd quarter build/delivery... 🤬

Hopefully some hw updates will be included do to the iteration process but who knows at this point. I realize it would NOT be Hw 4 at this early stage but would be happy with a Hw 3.5 if that were possible. Pure fantasy of course but one can dream...
Oh man. I’m sorry. Delivery dates are literally all over the place.

Reactions: erktrek
While I'm very happy for yous guys (said in my best NJ accent) - I have to wonder why this is happening to us Ny/NJers.. also am extremely envious.

Again my OD: 1/28, EDD was 03/20-03/31 and is now April 19 - May 31

MYLR - Grey/Black, tow hitch, 19" tires, not being financed, delivery to showroom in Cherry Hill, NJ (near Philadelphia)

It's the tow hitch isn't it? 😉
I'm starting to wonder... My OD was 1/15, the only option I added was a tow hitch and I'm still waiting for a VIN.

Reactions: drew212 and erktrek
Ordered on 2/3, yet to get VIN and ODD still shows Feb - March. Spoke to SA and was informed that the car is still in pre-production. I see that they added more AWD today. Hoping that that’s a sign that the delivery is around the corner!
I think yours is coming soon! I ordered in the same day and now my EDD was updated to 2/17-2/28 today! I only live a few hours from the Fremont plant so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it 🤷🏻‍♂️