Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
update!! I just returned from my delivery appointment. I had to reject my VIN today. I felt everyone at Tesla was lying to me. Via the App from the 510 telephone number I was told the born date was 2-3-23. While at the Delivery today my SA told me the born date was 1-30-23. VIN was assigned to me 2-16-23 @3 pm. The paint was terrible swirls on the clear coat unexceptable. deep Scratches into the paint itself on the tail gate left of the license plate. excess paint drip on the quarter panel above the headlights. The door jams had excessive gaps they claim were "within tolerance" When I asked what Tolerance was he refused to tell me claiming it was Tesla Policy not to reveal the tolerance measurement. Gaps where on both front passenger and driver doors. I was concern about possible cabin noise due to the large caps. So I asked to be able to test drive to listen for cabin noise. They refused. So I asked if I drive my car home and I find the gaps are causing unexceptable cabin noise and he told me " Be advised Mr Davila that cabin noise is not covered under warranty" I asked the tech to allow me to use his tool he was measuring the gap with so I could see the and measure the gap myself and he refused to lend it to me stating Tesla Policy not to allow a customer to use the tool. I refused delivery. After I refused they told me I would be placed back in the queve and would get my next vin in June if not later. I am an owner of three other Tesla and have purchased at least 5 tesla's since 2016 and never have I been treated like this with such distain.
I kinda had the same experience at my service appointment last week.
First of all, I shouldn’t have to schedule service on a brand new Tesla—at a delivery appointment no less.
The Service Advisor was very snarky and dismissive of my concerns. Im guessing they are all getting angry with us owners because the build quality is getting worse.
While 2 out of 4 issues were fixed. I had to literally become a not nice version of myself to get them to fix the 3rd one before I left and then the 4th one was “within Tesla spec”. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Informative
Reactions: fhteagle
My first vin (which I rejected) had 4 miles on the odometer, the motor vehicle purchase agreement had 15 miles on it. My second VIN, which I accepted Saturday, said 15 miles on both the MVPA and the DMW title application, the actual car had 3 miles on it. 15 is Tesla's standard placeholder, I'm confident that someone from their legal department has looked into whether that's allowable under state law.

I believe you have to ask your SA for this. I haven't gotten my VIN, but this is what I have seen people saying.
And hope they dont lie to you about the the odometer and VIN Born date. If you read the actual DMV odometer Certification document its clearly states under penalty of perjury under the laws of Calif that the foregoing is true and correct. That based on your knowledge reflects the ACTUAL {in Capitol Print} mileage. I am no attorney but this clearly states it must be accurate without guessing. Guessing the odometer reading is not aceptable.

Ugh... I don't know how everyone does it.

Hasn't even been two weeks since I ordered from Inventory, one of the new SR Model Y, and the wait is killing me. I keep checking WaitingForTesla.com hoping to see it pop up...
This forum helps, there are a great bunch of folks here. I have made peace with my now extended delivery date (April 19 - May 31).. we can wait. I've also decided I'm not going to get all caught up in trying to change my order to grab any available vehicle that pops up. Not worth the stress / potential additional expense, travel, headaches etc besides am waiting to see what comes out of "Tesla's Investor Day" coming up in 2 weeks.

Ugh... I don't know how everyone does it.

Hasn't even been two weeks since I ordered from Inventory, one of the new SR Model Y, and the wait is killing me. I keep checking WaitingForTesla.com hoping to see it pop up...
Just think of us poor souls who ordered in 2021 or 2022 and waited anywhere from 7-12 months. I know a few late 2021 orders that ordered with configurator EDD of just a few months ended up getting delayed to the 1 year mark.

Last edited:
Just think of us poor souls who ordered in 2021 or 2022 and waited anywhere from 7-12 months. I know a few late 2021 orders that ordered with configurator EDD of just a few months ended up getting delayed to the 1 year month.
Good point It could always be worse! At least they have much more production capabilities these days so backlogs shouldn't be in terms of years but weeks/few months.

That's the generally accepted position in that the MYP gets priority hence (part of the reason) the sooner delivery dates for it compared to MYLR. That obviously doesn't mean that we'll get our vehicles within the date range specified on our first EDD though there's a good chance.Tesla is still telling new MYP customers (those who ordered today) that Q1 deliveries are possible :)
My friend who ordered the day they pushed to March-April was told he’s not getting inarxh
This forum helps, there are a great bunch of folks here. I have made peace with my now extended delivery date (April 19 - May 31).. we can wait. I've also decided I'm not going to get all caught up in trying to change my order to grab any available vehicle that pops up. Not worth the stress / potential additional expense, travel, headaches etc besides am waiting to see what comes out of "Tesla's Investor Day" coming up in 2 weeks.
prices are higher now. I could of grabbed a inventory vehicle at my location. Even if I loose 1/2 tax credit I would rather pay 2200 for MYP than the inventory MYLR

Hey all. Update from NY (NYC suburbs):
MSM/Black/19”/Tow (long range)
OD: 1/15/23 (8:15am)
EDD: Jan-March ‘23

After the Treasury updated from $55 to $80k for the tax credit I changed to 20” induction wheels for the additional $2k as I hated the Gemini look (and had planned to make some change to the 19” wheels had I gotten the car with them).

EDD: Feb 13- March 13 (There was no change in this EDD when I moved from the 19” to 20” wheels).
Today is obviously the 13th so around 6am I texted the 508 number asking if they could provide an update and possible VIN. Literally was on the phone this afternoon with my insurance company removing my 2022 Mustang Mach E from my policy (sold to Carmax for quite a bit over what anyone else was offering) when the text came from 508 with my VIN! Had my Mach E for 6 months. Couldn’t pass up the increase in range to the MY and the supercharger network by basically flipping my Mach E for the MY. Tax rebates for both 😀

EDD 2/27-3/7;
So while on the phone with insurance, I added my MYLR to the insurance policy for 2/27 and uploaded the proof to the app.
Now I can buy the accessories I have been checking out and want.

Mount Kisco pickup. It sure yet if they’ll deliver or not. If not, I can either have someone drive me there (within 30-45 min) or jump on the train (30 min) after work.
Update: Delivery date 2/28/23

Reactions: Lady
Good point It could always be worse! At least they have much more production capabilities these days so backlogs shouldn't be in terms of years but weeks/few months.
Yeah, probably won't ever get as bad a it was. But already we are seeing first week of Feb MYLR orders getting EDDs that push into June so we are already looking at 3-4months for some.

Reactions: WyoDude and erktrek
MYLR/W/
Created a profile after checking this forum daily trying to see where I'm at in line.

OD: 1/22/23
Build: W/B/20"/FSD/No tow
EDD has changed many times, when I made the initial order it was 3/4-3/31
EDD2: 2/10-2/19
So far it has kept the same 9 day delivery window since then and moved up as each day passes to now at 2/18-2/27.
NO VIN

Texas
Forgot to put MYLR.
EDD today: 2/20 - 3/1 holding that 9 day window since Feb. 10.
In Austin.

I looked for the post, but couldn't find it. I want to THANK yo to the person who posted some info that vehicles in Cleveland OH are eligible to be registered in certain states and IN is one of them. I put the Cleveland zip code and clicked on "See Early Delivery Options for 44124" on the Tesla web site as if ordering a new one. Initially, I ordered Model Y Long Range White on White - all other standard config to stay within $55K limit on 1/30 at my Indiana Tesla office. We had two choices - red or white, but a must was white interior. However, long story short - I found a Red exterior with white interior and 20 inch induction wheels showing up at the Cleveland location. Since the cap for 5 seater was increased to $80K for potential tax credit, it was an easy decision to switch. Sent a message to the 510 number and got a response to call my local Tesla office. I immediately called my Tesla rep and he was able to get the vehicle for me! Within minutes, I got the a VIN assigned and now estimated delivery is showing Mar 2 - 9. Just keeping my fingers crossed. Anyway, THANK you to the person who posted the information (I think it was either at this thread or another around Thu this week) and thank you to the Forum (I am glad that I joined). Otherwise, I would be waiting until April-Jun. I am blessed and counting my blessings. Wanted to share this if anyone else can be benefitted. Good luck!

Original order: 1/30 Model Y 5 seater Long Range W/W - all other standard config.
All pre-work completed: 1/31
Estimated delivery date: Mar 22 - 31 (kept checking everyday few times if VIN is assigned :))
Changed EDD on 2/14 to Apr 14 - May 12 (it was heart breaking to see the date got pushed out instead of getting a VIN :()
[Sent a message to the 510 that Tesla should have known better to estimate the EDD in the web site when prices were reduced...]
Found Red exterior with White interior and 20" wheels in Cleveland OH on 1/17 and local Tesla rep acquired it for me
VIN assigned on 1/17 (Fremont build)
New EDD on 1/17: Mar 2 - 9
Completed insurance info. Now waiting on delivery date confirmation....
Again, good luck to you all and I hope and pray that the tax credit is extended or remains the same at least until June.
That’s awesome! Glad that post helped somebody out. It’s been frustrating watching so many cars go through Cleveland in my “local” Pittsburgh searches. There is one with my exact build in Cleveland right now, but my SA said it can’t be moved to PA. Something about hard plate requirements in PA meaning PA registrations have to happen in PA. Seems nuts that it is 1.5 hours away and they won’t move it to be registered here in PA. I even offered to pay another destination fee for the transfer. @greenearth2129 are they bringing your car to Indiana or do you have to pick it up in Cleveland? My SA said that “Currently, inventory vehicles can not be transferred between sites.” Pretty sure that is BS though, as I’ve read several people getting that done. So back to waiting…at least my EDD is still where it was since 2 days after OD on 1/16: Feb. 25 - March 31, but no VIN yet. (MYLR 7 W/B/19)

Last edited:
I'm amazed that they were completely honest with you about it. When the exact same thing happened to one that I bought from local inventory on 1/14, someone called to say "a logistics delay" caused the delivery date to be pushed back. When I asked the cause of the delay, the person on the phone said she didn't know and couldn't get that information. I had to do a lot of digging to finally find out that the rear hatch was dented and they were planning to replace the hatch at a body shop without telling me, then sell the repaired car to me as new. I rejected it and waited for a custom order, which I am picking up in ~3 hours, hoping for better results this time.
They did mention it was an option if I really wanted to but he didn’t recommend it. Thankfully, yes they were honest about it. Not going to lie I was so impatient for my car I considered it for a minute and asked how bad it was. He said enough for us to not pass it through our predelivery QC inspection. But he was fairly confident he could get me another car and asked me to sit tight for a few hours. He called me back a couple hours later and said they had a non responsive order that was an exact match so they reassigned me that VIN. Quick and easy pick up, car was flawless.