Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank yougreenearth2129 again for the info, I did exactly what you did on Friday, found matching vehicle in Cleveland OH, and spoke to Nick (not sure which Nick), and I was told they can't change and I have to pay price difference since my booking was for $52,990, it looks either he doesn't know or pushed me away.
Sorry to hear that! The Nick I spoke on Fri around 8:30am (I was surprised when he answered my call, as I thought no one would be in the office then) also initially told me that I would have to pay the difference. But I remember having a conversation on Thu with someone who told me that my base price is locked in, unless I change the model - for example, from long rage to performance, or from 5 seater to 7 seater, etc. So, I pushed back to Nick who told me that he would check and call me back around 10ish as he can talk to others when the office opens. I was literally scratching my head and bitting my nails as I saw on Thu that cars were showing up on the Cleveland search and they were gone (would not show up anymore) within minutes. Finally, I heard back from the Nick I spoke one and half hour before and confirmed that I do not have to pay the extra base price adjustment and the car was still available if I am still interested. It is true - I probably would have passed and wait if I had to pay the base price adjustment. The rest, you know.
I did keep checking the Cleveland site (just out of curiosity) and mostly what I see now are the all wheel drive (not long range/dual motor most likely standard ones with 269 miles) are showing up. But I would still continue to check as I did see one or two dual motors popped up and gone by the end of the day. Best to you!

Last edited:
Reactions: fishers
I wonder how many people will switch to VW ID.4 if the credit is halved. They already have a 4-6 months waiting period. They will continue to get full tax credit even after IRS announces the new date. I say this based on the information I got from their representative yesterday, at the Chicago auto show.

They are also giving 3 years of free charging on Electrify America or 36K miles, whichever comes first.

The car is beautiful. Range can be much lower if you take AWD but the price difference is also significant compared to MY. Probably VW should prepare for a bunch of orders already 😅
So VW is saying that they meet the material % requirement?

I would not go that route with an inspector. Just my $0.02 worth. If you install a 50Amp breaker and let's say TWC tries to pull 60Amps it will flip the breaker. So, I don't think the argument about configuring TWC for higher power after inspection stands here.
Oh I know - I put in a 60 amp breaker on 6awg, precisely because I would expect a fail - both because it probably should fail on a 50 amp setup, in my opinion, and because Murphy's law would suggest I would be the unlucky chap should I have gone the 50 amp route.

Reactions: msinfo
Well, I’m committed NOW!

Cause I f’d up.

So, my plan today was to go to the bank to ask if a $12k+ was over any sort of limit for ACH. If not, pay via app later and be done. Otherwise, I’d buy a cashier’s check.

Well, if you haven’t already spotted my mistake… banks are closed (my dumbass only found out after getting to one, “uh, so empty?”). That was a mistake that could end up delaying me from getting the MYP.

Decided to leave… in a daze, not sure where to go (supposed to get food)… so I just started driving (in the wrong direction from home or food). And during said daze, I decided to check out the Plaid payment option, which I had setup previously. I hit pay, thinking it would prompt a confirmation… well, I was wrong. It’s now paid, MYP completely unseen. Still have another hour and half till my appointment.

Hahaha… crap. Well… here’s hoping the MYP is fine to take.

Last edited:
I didn’t go back through all of the history, but you can install the TWC with a smaller breaker and configure it such. As you mention, there’s plenty of references in the user manual to configure the TWC for lower current especially when looking at the load sharing sections. You’d generally install a lower rated breaker when the loading is high inside the panel already, such is the case when there are more than one EV charger. A typical 200A service should not exceed the 80% rating either (I.e. 160A), so if you wanted to install 4 chargers, you wouldn’t be able to set the current at 48A for all of them. Maybe you install one or two 60A breakers, but the others would be much smaller. Otherwise you’d be upgrading your service to meet the demand.

But no, you shouldn’t fail inspection just because you use a smaller breaker than 60A as long as the wiring meets the breaker requirements.
Yeah, I agree with you (certainly now) - the manual and product is clearly designed to run on smaller breakers with the corresponding appropriate wire sizes.

That said, I bet there is at least one inspector out there that would disagree :) (and I would get that inspector).

• Funny
Reactions: msinfo
Yeah, I agree with you (certainly now) - the manual and product is clearly designed to run on smaller breakers with the corresponding appropriate wire sizes.

That said, I bet there is at least one inspector out there that would disagree :) (and I would get that inspector).
Actually, my prediction for tomorrow's inspection - the inspector will say my panel is overloaded, and I will need to downsize my 60 amp breaker! 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: slyderz3 and gtvoy
Well, I’m committed NOW!

Cause I f’d up.

So, my plan today was to go to the bank to ask if a $12k+ was over any sort of limit for ACH. If not, pay via app later and be done. Otherwise, I’d buy a cashier’s check.

Well, if you haven’t already spotted my mistake… banks are closed (my dumbass only found out after getting to one, “uh, so empty?”). That was a mistake that could end up delaying me from getting the MYP.

Decided to leave… in a daze, not sure where to go (supposed to get food)… so I just started driving (in the wrong direction from home or food). And during said daze, I decided to check out the Plaid, which I had setup previously. I hit pay, thinking it would prompt a confirmation… well, I was wrong. It’s now paid, MYP completely unseen. Still have another hour and half till my appointment.

Well that is one step out of the way. :p

Your OD is identical to mine, except its coming to Charlotte, NC. My VIN was assigned the same day as yours.

Only difference is my EDD is still March 4th - March 11th. I'm hoping it updates later today ;)
it should if its in the same train for transit as mine..i read that its in transit on a train and then dropped off in alabama and then loaded to the trucks for their destinations on the east coast but i don't know if thats totally accurate or not. I was surprised when i checked the app this morning and it changed to an earlier window. But my SA has been helpful since vin assignment because she has been updating me every step of the way.

I see a lot of custom builds but any one who ordered the AWD model Y (279 range) from Inventory which said "coming soon" ?
I was just checking the inventory randomly and I found a MYAWD (not a LR or P) which was at 51,990 and it said "coming soon to"
MYAWD BLUE/BLACK/GEMINI 5SEAT
OD- 02/09 (VIN ASSIGNED THE SAME DAY)
EDD- TBD
02/16 - received an email saying "your tesla has been built and is on its way"
EDD as of today still says TBD.

when I asked the advisor he said there is not estimated delivery date but when it will be closer you will be notified in the APP.
anyone else in same situation?

Reactions: dion009
Sorry to hear that! The Nick I spoke on Fri around 8:30am (I was surprised when he answered my call, as I thought no one would be in the office then) also initially told me that I would have to pay the difference. But I remember having a conversation on Thu with someone who told me that my base price is locked in, unless I change the model - for example, from long rage to performance, or from 5 seater to 7 seater, etc. So, I pushed back to Nick who told me that he would check and call me back around 10ish as he can talk to others when the office opens. I was literally scratching my head and bitting my nails as I saw on Thu that cars were showing up on the Cleveland search and they were gone (would not show up anymore) within minutes. Finally, I heard back from the Nick I spoke one and half hour before and confirmed that I do not have to pay the extra base price adjustment and the car was still available if I am still interested. It is true - I probably would have passed and wait if I had to pay the base price adjustment. The rest, you know.
I did keep checking the Cleveland site (just out of curiosity) and mostly what I see now are the all wheel drive (not long range/dual motor most likely standard ones with 269 miles) are showing up. But I would still continue to check as I did see one or two dual motors popped up and gone by the end of the day. Best to you!

Thank you greenearth2129 again, this is very useful, wish me luck getting one if I find in Cleveland, OH :) , I owe you a coffee.

Thank you greenearth2129 again, this is very useful, wish me luck getting one if I find in Cleveland, OH :) , I owe you a coffee.
Wishing you luck fishers. I also sent you a personal message - please see. You can see the message if you click on the mail icon by your name. Hopefully we'll meet up once you get your Tesla. Let's keep in touch. Best wishes to you.

Reactions: fishers
I see a lot of custom builds but any one who ordered the AWD model Y (279 range) from Inventory which said "coming soon" ?
I was just checking the inventory randomly and I found a MYAWD (not a LR or P) which was at 51,990 and it said "coming soon to"
MYAWD BLUE/BLACK/GEMINI 5SEAT
OD- 02/09 (VIN ASSIGNED THE SAME DAY)
EDD- TBD
02/16 - received an email saying "your tesla has been built and is on its way"
EDD as of today still says TBD.

when I asked the advisor he said there is not estimated delivery date but when it will be closer you will be notified in the APP.
anyone else in same situation?
Ordered 2/8, same thing. Haven’t even gotten an email about it being built. I’m not happy.

Reactions: dion009
Well, I’m committed NOW!

Cause I f’d up.

Decided to leave… in a daze, not sure where to go (supposed to get food)… so I just started driving (in the wrong direction from home or food). And during said daze, I decided to check out the Plaid payment option, which I had setup previously. I hit pay, thinking it would prompt a confirmation… well, I was wrong. It’s now paid, MYP completely unseen. Still have another hour and half till my appointment.

Hahaha. Goodness. Crap. 🤣

Good luck!