Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dont worry about the 15 miles . they write that down on every vehicle. Sunday I was at a Delivery Center in Riverside CA and every single Tesla MY has 15 miles written on the DMV temp reg taped to the the windows. As far as a reject just compare your VIN sequential to other recently issued VIN They should be similar in number sequence.

Thanks!
The vin is PF691xxx

Order Date: 2/2/2023
Build: MYLR /Blue / Black /20
EDD #1: March - May 2023

Received VIN via text and email on 2/16/2023
EDD #2: Feb. 28 - March 9 2023 (updated on 2/16/2023)
2/20/23: Received a call today from Tesla rep asking when I want to pick up car...Saturday or Sunday.
Scheduled delivery February 25, 2023

Asked me if I wanted Uber voucher to take me to Tesla dealer to pick up vehicle. I said yes.
Where is your nearest dealer/pick up location?

2/20/23: Received a call today from Tesla rep asking when I want to pick up car...Saturday or Sunday.

Asked me if I wanted Uber voucher to take me to Tesla dealer to pick up vehicle. I said yes.
Did you order from the inventory ?

Reactions: erktrek
Did you order from the inventory ?
No I did not. I went on Tesla's website, and clicked on Model Y and I had the option for Long Range or Performance. I selected Long Range, then selected the Blue color. I originally selected the 19 inch wheels (the default ones), then after placing the order, I called Tesla and spoke to a rep like 3-4 hours later and told him I wanted to change my build and I wanted the black 20 inch wheels. He said "you understand that it will increase the price of the car and if you're ok with that, then I'll make the change and text you a confirmation and just reply that you understand". I received a text within 5 min and accepted the change. That was it and had been waiting since Feb. 2nd.

Is your vin Austin build?

No I did not. I went on Tesla's website, and clicked on Model Y and I had the option for Long Range or Performance. I selected Long Range, then selected the Blue color. I originally selected the 19 inch wheels (the default ones), then after placing the order, I called Tesla and spoke to a rep like 3-4 hours later and told him I wanted to change my build and I wanted the black 20 inch wheels. He said "you understand that it will increase the price of the car and if you're ok with that, then I'll make the change and text you a confirmation and just reply that you understand". I received a text within 5 min and accepted the change. That was it and had been waiting since Feb. 2nd.
WoW. You are one the few ucky people who got the VIN so fast.

WoW. You are one the few ucky people who got the VIN so fast.
Yes. I'm reading here that some people have been waiting since mid-end of January and still haven't received a vin or delivery of their vehicles. I'm not sure why so there's no rhyme or reason. I'm not even going to guess if it's because I'm in socal or not. I applied for the Tesla loan on the app and got approved within a few minutes, because the interest rate of 5.44% was the lowest I had seen from banks. I belong to 2 credit unions and the interest rates were over 6-7%. I did put $10k down though, so I don't know if that made a difference or not. (The fact of the $10k down payment and I'm using Tesla's financing).

Totally agree with you here. I would also add the benefit starts even from ordering one without with the presence of slimy dealership sales tactics is refreshing. I owned a 2019 Porsche Macan and 2014 Porsche Cayenne (still does) for the family. Both cars were bought on their respective years. I would gladly forgo “performance” feeling to avoid the mountain of nonnegotiable maintence required of each cars.
Don’t get me wrong, Porsches are reliable with sustained maintenance. I have already spent $25k on the Cayenne and $3k on the Macan (I sold it before Tires, brake pads, spark plugs, oil change and brake fluids were due at 38k miles = $4000) I didn’t want to sell the Cayenne merely because I have a good memories and the car can sold for $11,000 😂. The next service will be $2500. Probably reconsider selling it after MYLR delivery.
I cannot wait to pick up my MYLR and adopt it as my personality. Will definitely NOT miss the maintenances.

I’m a bit late… picked up my mom, installed some cargo liners and then had dinner at my sister’s place.

When I picked up the MYP, I found one scratch… but it rubbed off, so no worry there. The panels looks okay as far as I could tell with my lazy glance.

The only two issues I’ve had so far… the armrest doesn’t click close on its own, I have to apply some pressure for it to click.

And regen is freaking aggressive! It brakes harder than I do. This one pedal driving will take some getting used to.

Well, it’s all fine.
My armrest does the same thing, super annoying! I thought it was just mine that did it.

Totally agree with you here. I would also add the benefit starts even from ordering one without with the presence of slimy dealership sales tactics is refreshing. I owned a 2019 Porsche Macan and 2014 Porsche Cayenne (still does) for the family. Both cars were bought on their respective years. I would gladly forgo “performance” feeling to avoid the mountain of nonnegotiable maintence required of each cars.
Don’t get me wrong, Porsches are reliable with sustained maintenance. I have already spent $25k on the Cayenne and $3k on the Macan (I sold it before Tires, brake pads, spark plugs, oil change and brake fluids were due at 38k miles = $4000) I didn’t want to sell the Cayenne merely because I have a good memories and the car can sold for $11,000 😂. The next service will be $2500. Probably reconsider selling it after MYLR delivery.
I cannot wait to pick up my MYLR and adopt it as my personality. Will definitely NOT miss the maintenances.
The "downside" is there is less hand holding and we as customers are kind of left hanging from time to time. If Tesla could get more organized and send periodic updates of our vehicles/order progress to keep us folks who are waiting informed would go a long way to reduce anxiety and build confidence in the process.

Reactions: BailMY and Alex425
The "downside" is there is less hand holding and we as customers are kind of left hanging from time to time. If Tesla could get more organized and send periodic updates of our vehicles/order progress to keep us folks who are waiting informed would go a long way to reduce anxiety and build confidence in the process.
Organization and keeping the customers informed aren't their strong suit. We set a level of expectation to get this high-demand product sooner as if it's a piece of tech like an iPhone, more so than a car. The current wait time is significantly lower than in prior years for this MY (6 - 12 months wait). Same thing to other high-demand low, supply vehicles like 4Runner, Supra, and Cayenne. These cars still have 4-6 months wait with an additional 10% "dealership adjustment" above MSRP. Regardless, Tesla needs to up their communications game.