Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sounds right but it depends on case to case basis I guess. Because I found a car in inventory and tried to link it to my RN but they said I will have to pay the price difference. I am just super unlucky as is so I don't take it seriously. My guy said he will get back to me but now the car is gone from the inventory. I am very sure someone else got it before me 🥲😂
With my “vast” experience 😜….. which is about zero, I am thinking if you had contacted your SA first and had him/her do this, it would have held the price. As opposed to you/buyer trying to link the RN.

Driving 5 hours from Indianapolis to pickup MYLR5 W/B / 19" from Cleveland, OH. Just praying that is not a rejected vehicle.
1008008-Macklemore-Quote-One-man-s-trash-that-s-another-man-s-come-up.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: BailMY
About to bail on Tower Federal. They haven't responded to messages and calls for 2 business days. Then I read the reviews and this is sounds common. Maybe I'm impatient, but time is ticking and Tesla is waiting on them to send the money so we can schedule delivery... Just to recap my experience: call wait times 30-50 minutes, sometimes you can hear they're annoyed to take your call, the auto loan division sometimes rings forever with no answer, and once when I actually got connected with someone they dropped the call after 10 seconds of silence, now this. Might be a sign of things to come

Last edited:
White / Black / 20'
Ordered: 1/20
EDD: Still shows Jan-Mar 2023
CA
Socal Delivery

Feb 1 - showed EDD of Feb 28 to March 31
Feb 9 - received Vin
Feb 14 - Ready for Delivery
Feb 19 - Car delivered

So overall, about 24 days from day of order to the car is ready for delivery.

Austin build.

Overall, build quality is much better compared to the 2018 Model 3 I use to have. 😆

I am supposed to take delivery of my Y tomorrow, after which I am taking it on an 850-mile road trip. We are a little nervous about taking this on being first-time EV car owners, but we are looking forward to getting through it. Oh and before that trip I am doing DIY ppf for the front bumper, hood, quarter panels, lights, mirrors, and lower half doors. I'll probably do a ceramic coating down the line after the PPF cures. No pressure.
PPF from bulk or custom pre-cuts? Congrats and best of luck!

I agreed but I have booked mine and still deciding to cancel. Tesla is hype nothing else like iPhone where you get minimum value for the price you pay.
The design of tesla is worst in the auto industry. I will tell you that there are enough people in this world they will spend lots money. I did the math and EV like tesla is expensive in cost if you consider the cost of tires, insurance and deprecation. Also the repair is quit expensive. Look at one of the many issues below below and cost to repair.
I love that this starts with “I have one booked”. Then goes on to say the design is the worst in the industry. 🤯

I ordered pre-cut 3M Pro film from a company called North Tints. I've ordered kits from them in the past and have been very pleased.
I am leaning that way too. Still going back and force between DIY from bulk. There is def going to be less lines from pre-cut. I did several cars including my BMW using bulk PPF and it still there doing its job and holding great for over 15 years. Also, PPF (3M) did save my bumper in a minor accident. Not a scratch after I took the PPF off! Other car (it was his fault) was a door replacement LOL

Not saying this is not true, however, I spoke to my SA and she said this is just a coincidence. If one comes into inventory and happens to be there, one might get it. She did confirm that if the car matches your order that the RN can be attached to that car and you end up paying for the original contracted price plus the cost of, for example, larger tires.

That sound right?
Trust people here more than tesla SA lol. But being serious based on my experience tracking informations in this page I have seen people order 20 inches rims with OD a week after my OD got their car already.