Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I don't think you can check the production/manufactured date from VIN. Your sales advisors can look it up, or you can message the 510 (or 508). number. Good luck.
My sales advisor would only tell me "January". After delivery (on the door post) I found out it was 1/23. I was assigned the VIN on 1/28, so 5 days after. That was on a 1/13 OD, so there was less of a backlog then as it was the day after the 20% price cut was announced. So a good guestimate (if your SA is unhelpful like mine was), might be a week prior to your VIN assignment. YMMV.

Reactions: greenearth2129
Congrats to those who are getting their Tesla delivered on or before Feb 28 and may get full IRS tax benefit. Nice score!

I do not want to beat the dead horse again (sorry if it is off-topic). Lot of discussion around the potential IRS tax credit. Current guideline is only in effect until "March". We do not know what date - it is possible that the IRS can come on Feb 28 with new guideline, which may or may not reduce the full tax credit, or come up with some wired formula, that will increase/decrease/no credit - anything is possible. Or any date in March or later - who knows when, only IRS knows, maybe.

So, for those of us who are not getting the vehicle in Feb - we can just keep our fingers crossed and hope and pray, pray, pray :).

One thing I heard - I think I read somewhere here that even if IRS comes with new guidelines in March, they usually give 60 days for public comments before anything takes into effect? Is this true - if yes, does this mean that folks who may get their cars in Apr/May still 'have a chance' to get the credit?

Reactions: James2023y
Congrats to those who are getting their Tesla delivered on or before Feb 28 and may get full IRS tax benefit. Nice score!

I do not want to beat the dead horse again (sorry if it is off-topic). Lot of discussion around the potential IRS tax credit. Current guideline is only in effect until "March". We do not know what date - it is possible that the IRS can come on Feb 28 with new guideline, which may or may not reduce the full tax credit, or come up with some wired formula, that will increase/decrease/no credit - anything is possible. Or any date in March or later - who knows when, only IRS knows, maybe.

So, for those of us who are not getting the vehicle in Feb - we can just keep our fingers crossed and hope and pray, pray, pray :).

One thing I heard - I think I read somewhere here that even if IRS comes with new guidelines in March, they usually give 60 days for public comments before anything takes into effect? Is this true - if yes, does this mean that folks who may get their cars in Apr/May still 'have a chance' to get the credit?
I read somewhere that the guidelines have been open for public comments and will close on 28th Feb. My EDD is also in March so I am also hoping....hopefully....not against hope :D

Reactions: James2023y
About to bail on Tower Federal. They haven't responded to messages and calls for 2 business days. Then I read the reviews and this is sounds common. Maybe I'm impatient, but time is ticking and Tesla is waiting on them to send the money so we can schedule delivery... Just to recap my experience: call wait times 30-50 minutes, sometimes you can hear they're annoyed to take your call, the auto loan division sometimes rings forever with no answer, and once when I actually got connected with someone they dropped the call after 10 seconds of silence, now this. Might be a sign of things to come
My 30 day rate lock already expired. Will probably do Tesla financing and look for a better rate.
Did you see Towers new rates? 9%, lol

• Informative
Reactions: WyoDude and bekk
My sales advisor would only tell me "January". After delivery (on the door post) I found out it was 1/23. I was assigned the VIN on 1/28, so 5 days after. That was on a 1/13 OD, so there was less of a backlog then as it was the day after the 20% price cut was announced. So a good guestimate (if your SA is unhelpful like mine was), might be a week prior to your VIN assignment. YMMV.
1/23 means January 2023. The door only shows month and year. To get the date you need to ask an SA that is willing to tell you from their internal system.

Reactions: WyoDude

The deadline for public comments is Feb. 28th

So I highly doubt a decision will be coming on March 1st since in theory they will still be reading comments. And it’s the government after-all, and a 9-80 Friday on the 3rd, then the weekend, so I think the 6th is the absolute earliest we’d hear anything.
I plan on sending in my 200 pages of comments on the 28th, so that should buy us at least an hour. 🤣
But who knows, they routinely backdate tax law changes, like the cap increases. If they wanted to screw us, they could, but the administration wants people to buy EVs and GM and Ford are lobbying hard for incentives for their cars. And generally if they qualify, Tesla will too, so they can’t really help but help Tesla even if they don’t want to.

The deadline for public comments is Feb. 28th

So I highly doubt a decision will be coming on March 1st since in theory they will still be reading comments. And it’s the government after-all, and a 9-80 Friday on the 3rd, then the weekend, so I think the 6th is the absolute earliest we’d hear anything.
I plan on sending in my 200 pages of comments on the 28th, so that should buy us at least an hour. 🤣
But who knows, they routinely backdate tax law changes, like the cap increases. If they wanted to screw us, they could, but the administration wants people to buy EVs and GM and Ford are lobbying hard for incentives for their cars. And generally if they qualify, Tesla will too, so they can’t really help but help Tesla even if they don’t want to.
I read the law making process and effective date of a law is whatever "benefits the public". They backdated the cap because it benefited the public. They cannot backdate the new guidelines because it does not benefit the public.

if you ask them if your car was a rejected vehicle they will tell you they have no way of checking or knowing that type of information. Which is exactly what they told me. I felt they were not being truthful to me so based on that and several other quality control issues including a very old VIN. I rejected the VIN also.
Not telling the truth is pretty mess up. Also making you have to wait till June for their poor QC, that’s f up too.