Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 2/11 from inventory MYAWD, next day seen vin PA074, with EDD 2/23-3/21, went to Long Beach Tesla store and SA said he could look for an identical build to see if one was available sooner and mine was clearly not built yet and he was unsure when it was scheduled to be built, he then showed me one he found that just came off the line and he expected an EDD of 3/2, the vin is PA080, strange that was built before the 074?

• Helpful
Reactions: dion009
Yes. I'm reading here that some people have been waiting since mid-end of January and still haven't received a vin or delivery of their vehicles. I'm not sure why so there's no rhyme or reason. I'm not even going to guess if it's because I'm in socal or not. I applied for the Tesla loan on the app and got approved within a few minutes, because the interest rate of 5.44% was the lowest I had seen from banks. I belong to 2 credit unions and the interest rates were over 6-7%. I did put $10k down though, so I don't know if that made a difference or not. (The fact of the $10k down payment and I'm using Tesla's financing).
I'm considering going with Tesla financing as well. The big banks are in the high 5's.
What kind of information/proof do you need to provide as proof of income that needs to be uploaded? paystubs? W-2's?
(I don't think the amount of the down payment had anything to do with it...it's probably more a good credit score and good repayment history on your credit report.:))

Reactions: Doggie1971
I'm considering going with Tesla financing as well. The big banks are in the high 5's.
What kind of information/proof do you need to provide as proof of income that needs to be uploaded? paystubs? W-2's?
(I don't think the amount of the down payment had anything to do with it...it's probably more a good credit score and good repayment history on your credit report.:))
I was approved in 2 or 3 minutes with the minimum down of $6,300, I think it is the fico and payment history is all, i did still have an 11k balance on my first loan for the 18' model 3 though so maybe they looked at that as well to see I have been on time with them?

Reactions: Islander2
OD: 1/16/2023 6 PM EST (MYLR White/Black Gemini 5 SEATER)
1st EDD: Jan-March
2nd EDD: March 1-March 31
VIN Assigned: 2/14/2023 (VIN is PF687xxxx - Fremont build)
3rd EDD: March 1-March 7
4th EDD: February 26-March 7
SA Confirmed Matrix Lights & cover. PPF/mudflaps will also be installed by them as part of Delivery prep
Delivery confirmation and pick up text received: 02/20/23
Pickup confirmed at Dedham, MA 2/27/2023

Will post delivery experience here. Keeping fingers crossed🤞

My 30 day rate lock already expired. Will probably do Tesla financing and look for a better rate.
Did you see Towers new rates? 9%, lol
I thought you were joking or looking at the wrong thing at first.. But no. Wow. Now I wonder if that's why they were ghosting me, they don't want to honor the locked in rate

I went through with jumping ship on Tower yesterday. Reapplied and approved at a new lender in less than 5 minutes. For anyone else waiting on Tower I'd seriously reevaluate and read the recent reviews not just on yelp and others on Google, but on our forum and VW forums, the stories start to repeat themselves. I'm glad I'm out, sucks to lose the rate but I'll find somewhere to refi later.

My Y will be arriving at the MN SC on March 3-4 depending on weather according to the SA. Hopefully bringing with it some others' rides

Last edited:
Reactions: BailMY
Anyone in the Seattle/PNW area have updates on their VIN or OD? I'm feeling like we're always a bit behind for some reason. OD 1/16 MYLR
MSM/Blk/19/Tow with no vin yet, EED Mar 1-29 :(.
I ordered a MYAWD from inventory On 2/11. Got a VIN 2 days later. SA then told me to start getting my ducks in a row. Called the main customer service line yesterday and the car hasn’t been built. EDD started 26 Feb-26 Mar with no changes yet. Spokane delivery.

Reactions: dion009
Let's clear this misconception up once and for all: VINs are not "assigned" after the car is built; that's just when Tesla divulges them to the purchaser. A VIN is assigned to a vehicle the moment it starts being built. It is stamped into multiple locations of the frame and body so that law enforcement can track down "chop shops" should the vehicle ever be stolen. Look at the location of the VIN most of us are familiar with: underneath the windshield glass on the driver side. Exactly how do you think it could get there "after the car is built"?
I was referring to when the vin is assigned to the buyer. But carry on.

• Funny
Reactions: Mainuh and BailMY
There are some but it seems to be based on region, tires and specific model, also some posters here with early Feb orders have been assigned VINs.

My OD: 01/28 my revised EDD is April 19 - May 31
MYLR Grey/Black, 19",tow...
I see that 01/20s have been getting VINs recently, hopefully some of us who got pushed out in April may start getting VINs in 2 weeks time (wishful thinking.. lol). All depends on the Investors Day eh!!!

Reactions: erktrek