Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYAWD from inventory On 2/11. Got a VIN 2 days later. SA then told me to start getting my ducks in a row. Called the main customer service line yesterday and the car hasn’t been built. EDD started 26 Feb-26 Mar with no changes yet. Spokane delivery.
similar, EDD was 2/23-3/23 until today...
Now my EDD as of 2/22” shows TBD…
just checked and now my EDD space is just completely blank on the app...
is worry the appropriate response here? texted the "advisor" but they usually take half a day to get back to me. tried the 888 but they must be running on cali time, got sent to a voicemail.

is worry the appropriate response here? texted the "advisor" but they usually take half a day to get back to me. tried the 888 but they must be running on cali time, got sent to a voicemail.

I have a text out to the advisor as well. Fingers crossed it isn’t bad news. I’ll most likely try to call if I have time too. I seem to get better information from the customer service line vs texting.

Reactions: BailMY
Started reading all of the comments on people's EDD's changing and crossed my fingers while my app loaded.....to my surprise.....still no movement!

ODD 1/23
Current EDD still 3/10-3/31
LR/Blue/Black/19's
Inland empire, SoCal

Sold the wife's car yesterday to Carmax, process was very smooth (did everything online) had a check ready for me within 15 min of arrival to drop off the car.
Now we're down to my gas guzzling lifted F150 until the Tesla minions hurry up with my car :)

For anyone looking for financing, i locked in 4.69 with schools first CU, zero down payment required (might be based on credit though, i have tier 1 credit)

Well I placed an order for AWD on 02/09 got VIN the same day no updates yet delivery date shows TBD since starting.
the only weird thing is i got an email saying my car is built and on its way on 02/16 when i asked when should i get a EDD the guy on text message said you should get a notification once the car is here. Nothing else. Vin is PA0738XX
I guess after going through all the posts it really doesn't matter if you have a EDD or VIN anything can be change by tesla at any moment of time lol

Reactions: dion009
Look at all those Model Y's waiting to be shipped from Austin. :)

1677082164847.png

No...but they will contact you when you have a VIN...all of a sudden you realize that there are customer service people alive out there as they bombard you with stuff to make sure you can pick up the car at the drop of a dime....can't pick up within 2-3 days?...screw you...your car is on to the next in line...
It is ironic for sure... Hurry up and wait, indefinitely. But when they pop out a VIN, you'd better be ready. I'm sort of surprised someone hasn't filed a class action suit against their inflexibility on this. Some people last year waited 6-8 months and we're all in here now complaining about 6-8 weeks. I think there should be a minimum 7-10 day notice once you receive the VIN to complete and pick up the car. That said, I sold my truck and have no vehicle with 4 doors and a roof until my MYLR arrives. My financing is pre-approved and ready to wire within 2-3 hours on any business day. Insurance has been quoted and just need to call with an activation date to get the ID cards for that. I could quite literally be at the dealer with money and insurance within 4 hours notice on any business day. But, I do understand that after 4-8 weeks or longer, people may have life events occur that require attention and may slow down their response to Tesla saying "ready, set, go!". Would it really kill them to have your car sit on an SC lot an extra 3-4 days?

That said, the whole process is so vastly better than going to a dealer and playing the "ask the manager" game, back and forth. Then see the finance person for the additional sales pitch and lies. Someone on here last week was saying that in over 50 years of buying cars, they never has a single good experience with a dealer. I'd have to agree with that except for one time with a used Volvo wagon at a small used car dealer. Got a great deal and the salesman has actually been a good personal friend for over 25 years since that purchase. Other than that, they were all pond scum, low life, bottom feeders which really sucks after you spend over $70K on a truck and walk out furious and hating the dealer vs excited and happy that you just bought your dream vehicle.

My saga with Tesla is just beginning. Hoping for a seamless and successful delivery soon for my first ever EV. The process so far has already been so much better than almost every "car dealer" experience I've ever had (except for the one noted). My daughter, son-in-law and both his parents are all Tesla owners as is a good long time friend. They've all had good experiences and love their Teslas. My daughter says it's the "most fun" car she's ever had and puts a smile on her face every time she drives it. I can't wait! (but I guess I have to! - OD 1/27 MYLR W/B/19/Tow EDD: 3/16-3/31 No VIN.

Last edited:
Well I placed an order for AWD on 02/09 got VIN the same day no updates yet delivery date shows TBD since starting.
the only weird thing is i got an email saying my car is built and on its way on 02/16 when i asked when should i get a EDD the guy on text message said you should get a notification once the car is here. Nothing else. Vin is PA0738XX
I guess after going through all the posts it really doesn't matter if you have a EDD or VIN anything can be change by tesla at any moment of time lol
Same here. Yesterday I visited the local SC and they mentioned this was a pre-production inventory VIN and they will only have any insights into it when it's shipped to their location. For them, it still shows as its in the factory no idea if it's built or not.

I have a text out to the advisor as well. Fingers crossed it isn’t bad news. I’ll most likely try to call if I have time too. I seem to get better information from the customer service line vs texting.
FWIW: this is certainly the fastest I've ever gotten a response from tesla. guess I'll just pause the policy and go back to obsessing over the app like a crackhead with a huge rock locked in a bulletproof glass box lol

Attachments

• TA convo.png
    TA convo.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 90