Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night a SA (who supports this area) said that he was confident that all January MY orders would be delivered by the end of March. I hope his prediction is correct.

Regarding the spreadsheet, I suspect that many people do not bother to update the spreadsheet after taking delivery. They are too busy enjoying their new Tesla.

OD : 1/18
EDD : 3/12 - 3/31
I would somewhat agree with the spreadsheet comment except if you scroll back to January 14-15 and see how many updated there vs subsequent dates, it doesn't make sense. Also not much new being put in for the last week or so.

FWIW: this is certainly the fastest I've ever gotten a response from tesla. guess I'll just pause the policy and go back to obsessing over the app like a crackhead with a huge rock locked in a bulletproof glass box lol
I texted the 510 area code number that confirmed my purchase back in January and someone actually replied in 16 minutes! Still no VIN, but they did reply promptly!

Reactions: sdq_11
**MYLR MSM/Blk/19 in
OD: 1/28 (placed order late on 1/27, but showed up on form as 1/28)
EDD 1: Feb-March
EDD 2: March 25-31st (2/1)
**Changed to Blk/Blk/20” on 2/3
EDD 3: March 27-31st (don’t remember when it changed)
EDD 4: February 21- March 7 (2/14)
EDD 5: February 27- March 6 with text Vin assigned at 0700 on 2/16 ….(but saw the VIN on app late night 2/15). Shocked. 😅

Located in SoCal.
Austin build
2/22 Update EDD: 2/24-3/3

Hopefully, it won’t be the earlier part of the EDD since we will be out of country for my grandma’s funeral. 😵‍💫
We were anticipating 2/27 (with the previous EDD) and after.

Hey All, love the information im getting. here is my order:

MYP Red/Black with tow
OD: 2/3 mid afternoon.
Finished the registration on the 5th, with Feb or March EDD.
Updated EDD on the evening of the 8th for Mar 6th thru Mar 31st
located in Ann Arbor, MI
Update 2/22
EDD now March 8th thru the 31st.

Spoke to SA in person today and he said to expect a VIN first week of March and delivery should happen before the 31st. 🤞

Reactions: FanboyNC
Delivery Day!!!

MYLR5 MSM/Black no changes
OD: 1/15 mid afternoon
EDD: Jan - Mar
EDD: 1/18: 2/14 - 3/22
EDD: 2/5: 2/8 - 2/22
VIN assigned 2/8: Austin Build
EDD 2/8: 2/19 - 2/26
Delivery text: 2/12
Delivery: 2/22
I showed up a few minutes early. SA had me sign the registration, agreement, plate application, and a few other pieces of paper. Then handed me the key cards and asked that I don't drive off without processing the final payment in the app and accepting delivery. Walked me out while I checked the outside and helped somebody else while I checked the inside. Only issue was a noticeable scratch on the "wood" on the inside drivers side door. Not large, but I would see it everyday for the rest of my life. He took a picture and we set up a service appointment to replace it. I then processed the down payment in the app and accepted delivery. Spent 10 minutes or so setting it up. This is my 2nd tesla, so I didn't need help. Drove it for about 20 minutes on the highway to calibrate cameras and tested the cruise and auto-steer.
Many MYs on the lot and a truck was pulling in with a load of M3s and MYs when I left.
Nothing but Teslas in my garage now!

I texted the 510 area code number that confirmed my purchase back in January and someone actually replied in 16 minutes! Still no VIN, but they did reply promptly!

yeah. the latest i've gotten a reply back from the text has been about an hour.

other times, i've gotten a response within a few minutes.

oof, maybe they think im a dirty poor because i didnt want to spend over 60k with taxes and fees on what will mostly be a commuter/work car for myself lol

this response in just a little over an hour (510 number) is by far the fastest one Ive ever gotten.

Hold, roll & creep have practically nothing to do with regen. If you think otherwise, please explain to me how holding the car in place after it has stopped moving can regenerate electricity.
These are stopping modes. the Hold stopping mode applies regen breaking with the most force as soon as your foot relieves pressure from the accelerator. Also Hold continues to apply regen breaking at slower speeds than Roll and Creep, thus providing more regen from this as well. We are not referring to when the vehicle is completely stopped.

Last edited: