Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that too. And I always wondered why.

Isn't Fremont closer than Austin? Why is Tesla shipping Fremont builds to east coast/mid-west but Austin builds to SoCal?

I am not talking about the configs that are made only in Fremont. The ones that are made in both Austin and Fremont.
simple answer Fremont can dedicate its efforts on the vehicles they specialize in like X , S and Performance Vehicles. This allows Austin to deliver the other basic config Model y and 3

Reactions: chobra and erktrek
No - that's not how it will work.

What will happen is that on February 28, Tesla will tell me that my Model Y is scheduled for delivery on March 3 and I'll make payment. On March 1, Musk will announce that all Teslas starting that day will have HW4. On March 2, the tax credit will end and I'll be stuck paying $7,500 more for a vehicle with obsolete hardware. I'll take delivery of my overpriced, obsolete vehicle on March 3 only to discover it needs to be repainted. When I get home with it, I'll find out that the Mobile Connector I received last month doesn't work and I'll have no way to charge the vehicle. Tesla will be out of stock on replacements, so the vehicle will sit idle for weeks during which time the battery will die and need to be towed back to the service center. In the meantime, Tesla won't get the registration paperwork to me in time and I'll be stuck paying an additional $300 penalty for late registration and that will be after I get pulled over and ticketed for no registration. :D
But you can't get ticketed while Tesla has your Model Y, since it'll be sitting there most of its life anyway. 😅

• Funny
Reactions: zroger73
simple answer Fremont can dedicate its efforts on the vehicles they specialize in like X , S and Performance Vehicles. This allows Austin to deliver the other basic config Model y and 3
Austin doesn't even make Model 3.
Model X and S are a rounding error.
Fremont probably still makes more MYLR than Austin although that may be at the break even point soon.
Fremont supplies all MY to Canada. No Texas stuff up here.

Got the car this morning (MYLR base, no add-ons/changes, Fremont build), very smooth experience. No pressure from the staff for final payment, let me inspect as long as I wanted. Really couldn’t see anything wrong with the build from my untrained eye. 40 days from order to pickup.

Best of luck to everyone waiting still!
Bluetooth acting finnicky - had a hell of a time connecting my phone, and it seems to drop randomly and takes 30+ seconds/multiple attempts to reconnect. Not just my phone but my wife's as well. Tried making phone calls but bluetooth would disconnect every 50-60 seconds. Put in a service request - hopefully a quick fix when they come out in a few days for mobile service.

Edit: problem solved with reboot per @Goobers suggestion.

Last edited:
Bluetooth acting finnicky - had a hell of a time connecting my phone, and it seems to drop randomly and takes 30+ seconds/multiple attempts to reconnect. Not just my phone but my wife's as well. Tried making phone calls but bluetooth would disconnect every 50-60 seconds. Put in a service request - hopefully a quick fix when they come out in a few days for mobile service.
It could be worse. E for electrics ID 4 somehow managed to overheat his Pixel phone to the point he could use it to cook food.

• Funny
Reactions: geekfam
It could be worse. E for electrics ID 4 somehow managed to overheat his Pixel phone to the point he could use it to cook food.
Yes, it's relatively minor. Annoying though - I have to stand next to the car for 20+ seconds before I can unlock the doors. Going into the app seems to make it go faster but the bluetooth not working properly is inconvenient.

No - that's not how it will work.

What will happen is that on February 28, Tesla will tell me that my Model Y is scheduled for delivery on March 3 and I'll make payment. On March 1, Musk will announce that all Teslas starting that day will have HW4. On March 2, the tax credit will end and I'll be stuck paying $7,500 more for a vehicle with obsolete hardware. I'll take delivery of my overpriced, obsolete vehicle on March 3 only to discover it needs to be repainted. When I get home with it, I'll find out that the Mobile Connector I received last month doesn't work and I'll have no way to charge the vehicle. Tesla will be out of stock on replacements, so the vehicle will sit idle for weeks during which time the battery will die and need to be towed back to the service center. In the meantime, Tesla won't get the registration paperwork to me in time and I'll be stuck paying an additional $300 penalty for late registration and that will be after I get pulled over and ticketed for no registration. :D
Well if that's true find something terribly minor and reject the order, then come back and continue to play the speculation/waiting game with us (We'll save a seat). More likely you will take delivery ON March 1st and THEN HW 4 comes out AFTER you accept everything... 😉

Reactions: WyoDude
Have you rebooted the screen (and I assume, the cpu)? Press both scroll wheels until the screen reboots.

After pairing my phone, it refused to connect until I forcibly rebooted the screen.

• Informative
Reactions: woelow and erktrek
Have you rebooted the screen (and I assume, the cpu)? Press both scroll wheels until the screen reboots.

After pairing my phone, it refused to connect until I forcibly rebooted the screen.
That’s seems to have done the trick - thanks! Weird I have to restart my car like my PC or something.

Too bad I don’t get a Tesla rep coming out to ask if I tried turning it off and back on again :)

Reactions: erktrek
That’s seems to have done the trick - thanks! Weird I have to restart my car like my PC or something.

Too bad I don’t get a Tesla rep coming out to ask if I tried turning it off and back on again :)
Which phone do you use? I use a Google Pixel 6 Pro and it works perfectly after connecting but when I try re-connecting to the Tesla next car ride with my phone on the bluetooth list, the Tesla always says pairing fails (I have to tap "forget device" and start the pairing process fully).

Anyone know any fix to this?

Reactions: Mr_Joe
Which phone do you use? I use a Google Pixel 6 Pro and it works perfectly after connecting but when I try re-connecting to the Tesla next car ride with my phone on the bluetooth list, the Tesla always says pairing fails (I have to tap "forget device" and start the pairing process fully).

iPhone 13 - my wife uses an iPhone as well and the reboot has done the trick for both of us. We were both able to initially pair successfully, it just dropped every 60 seconds for whatever reason. Seems to work perfectly fine now.

Reactions: erktrek

On your phone did you try to disable "Adaptive Connectivity" - some have claimed this helps with connectivity in general but dunno.. I too have a Pixel 6 Pro so may be posting back when we take delivery which will be a while...

On your phone did you try to disable "Adaptive Connectivity" - some have claimed this helps with connectivity in general but dunno.. I too have a Pixel 6 Pro so may be posting back when we take delivery which will be a while...
No I haven't tried that so I can give that a try next time and report back.

If you or anyone else have other suggestions, then let me know!

Edit: Also I don't know if this is a general Bluetooth thing but there's a 1-2 second delay when you're playing audio through Bluetooth.

Sorry for double posting but here is an article with some potential workarounds maybe..

You might have to set developer mode though...

Thank you for helping me to understand. I am in Ohio and my sales tax 7.5% I see only title fee do I have to pay seperate registration fee as well.. can I also transfer my existing car plates to MYLR
It may be worth a call to Ohio BMV. Some info on their site here: Ohio BMV
Looks like EV's may be different. You can also check with your service advisor (often a "510" area code number that has texted you about your order. I may be reading it wrong but it looks like they may assess an additional fee for EV's there rather than giving them a break on registration. You should get a clear picture of this and ask about transferring your current registration before your delivery date so there's no surprises.

Reactions: Chey
Yep. A few weeks ago, my brother finally took delivery of a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid that he ordered nine months ago. Unless you get on several waiting lists and luck out after a bunch of people give up, you could be waiting years for a RAV4 Prime.
We were looking at 4-6 months for a Highlander Hybrid and they just laughed when we asked about a Rav4 hybrid or Prime. They wanted much more money up front too! Minimum $1000 down but some dealers looking for $2500-5000 down to wait indefinitely. Not to mention so many of them are marking up $3000 or more over MSRP just because "they can". That sure made ordering a new Tesla on my phone look pretty sweet.