Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR - Midnight Silver Metallic / Black Interior - 5 Seater - 19in

OD: 1/16
EDD1: 2/17-2/26
EDD2: Apr-Jun
EDD3: 2/24-3/5
EDD4: 2/25-3/6
EDD4 (Today): 2/26-3/7

Still no VIN. I live 10 minutes from Fremont, CA. Worried because my EDD keeps getting pushed back by 1 day—I wanted to take delivery before March to qualify for the EV tax credit :(
I also live close to Fremont My current EDD is 2/27 to 3/13, it may get pushed back tomorrow. I wish local buyers could get more accurate EDD.

Do you mean Maxpider? Stoopid spill chic maybe? ;)

EDIT: I just chatted with Maxpider. They do NOT have any 2023 mats yet and was told to check back in a few weeks. FYI
Somebody better tell the Maxpider store on Amazon... They don't seem to know that there are none for 2023 models yet!
Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 3.21.44 PM.png

Reactions: Yomanjm
Joke or not, it's enough to scare me away from the Bolt. Not that I was ever interested in it before.
Yeah I haven't been interested either but it's super easy to have a Tesla bias these days (I know I do!). With Tesla opening up some of their charging stations this should make it interesting for a lot of folks. Also we'll see what comes out on March 1st. If Tesla has a $25K car in the works THAT could be huge.

Is there a difference between 2022 and 2023?
No. Tesla picks some random date to change the Model year....in 2022 they picked a day in the 3rd week of October. Nothing changed with the car at that time. Even the first 2023 cars still had USS. USS was taken off after a couple weeks of 2023 production. Nothing else has physically changed on the cars since then.

Reactions: amo2u
Wasn't the running joke that they caught on fire?

No joke. Every Chevy Bolt ever built was recalled in 2020 after they started catching on fire. Read this Car and Driver article: “Chevy Bolt Battery Recall: How Could This Have Happened? — A full explanation of the problem causing every single Bolt EV to be under recall for a potential fire-causing defect.

But it gets worse, in 2022 Chevy again recalled every Bolt ever built because of the seat belt could cause a fire. Read USAToday’s “140,000 Chevrolet Bolt electric cars recalled to fix seat belt issue that can cause fires”

I don't think its unfair either. But unfortunately, there are some that are adamant about claiming Tesla is out to screw them or something.
For a company that claims to be a "data company" instead of just an automobile manufacturer, they are data driven with real time info on all the areas they work. They purposely choose to hide data from a customer who paid an order fee and is willing to pay a significant amount of money to buy their car. They can easily make the data available to paid customers.

For a company that claims to be a "data company" instead of just an automobile manufacturer, they are data driven with real time info on all the areas they work. They purposely choose to hide data from a customer who paid an order fee and is willing to pay a significant amount of money to buy their car. They can easily make the data available to paid customers.
My problem is that I signed up for a car at their sale price on 1/26. They have me with an EDD 21MAR-31MAR from that date. Since then they have had a price increase. If the exact same car is about to be put onto a lot, why isn’t it directed to a buyer that has it on order already? My take: Tesla will sell that car at the higher price. If I decide to buy that car, I will have to pay the higher price. The car I had on order will then be built, and the person that buys my ordered car will then buy it at a higher price. WIN/WIN for Tesla.

Does not give me a warm and fuzzy about Tesla. Those that have an ordered car should have first choice of a car that matches their ordered car. But, that is of course my very biased opinion.

Finally got an updated EDD a few days into my window. Unfortunately, was pushed back to the back half of the range:

EDD 1: Feb 25 - Mar 31
New EDD (updated in app Mar 26 late morning): Mar 19 - 31
😕

Hey Elon, no matter how many you keep building with 20, I’m not budging on the 19” wheels. I would take a blue one though.
DON’T YOU TAKE MY BLUE CAR!!!!!! (Yes, capital letters do signify yelling 😂)

My deal-breaker is not just losing a portion of the $7,500 tax credit.

I'm offended by Tesla's unfair treatment of early orders, as they purposely delayed them and gave priority to later orders. There is no transparency at any point.
I agree with you. Im in similar situation.MYLR Basic configuration, OD 15/1, Completed Tesla Loan and registration process on 17/1 and still showing DD 03/05-03/31. Purchased wall chager and installed. No replay from any texts. My friend got his car with same spec. who ordered later with increased price in the same location. Going to cancel by end of Feb. as Tesla wished. 100% unfair treatment.