Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SA just confirmed again that the “Existing Inventory” MY AWDs STILL haven’t been built. I ordered on 2/9 for a faster delivery - no ability to change configuration, nothing. They don’t exist yet. Wtf?
I ordered on the same day I still have no clue because whenever I ask my SA he just says you will be updated in app, I got the email stating that the car was built and on it's way on 02/16 but not a single update since then. if it really isn't even built then that is going to be a big pain.

When was your car built? mine was built on 2/19 wondering if its on the same train down?

I am in OC with Buena Park being my SC. Mine was built on 02/17(PA080xxx) and as of yesterday, mine is still in transit - currently in Riverside,CA as per the SA from Buena Park SC. Not sure how long it is going to take it move from Riverside to OC. Still haven’t received the text to schedule for pickup.

Reactions: archerita
Tesla must have had a shortage of 19" wheels (or tires) for the past 2 weeks.
35MYLR in inventory right now and 32 are on 20". The 19" ones were built in Jan or early Feb.
That last 200 odd dump of MYAWD all had 20 where as the previous 300 odd dump had a mix of both wheels but primarily 19s.

This has happened before. I think early in 2022 there was a period where one of the wheels was delaying orders. Assumed to be supply chain issue.
With a few reporting new VINs with 19s today, Tesla probably has the 19s back on the production line now.

Tesla must have had a shortage of 19" wheels (or tires) for the past 2 weeks.
35MYLR in inventory right now and 32 are on 20". The 19" ones were built in Jan or early Feb.
That last 200 odd dump of MYAWD all had 20 where as the previous 300 odd dump had a mix of both wheels but primarily 19s.

This has happened before. I think early in 2022 there was a period where one of the wheels was delaying orders. Assumed to be supply chain issue.
With a few reporting new VINs with 19s today, Tesla probably has the 19s back on the production line now.
My MYAWD is part of that initial dump with the 19” — still hasn’t been built yet. I’m hopeful it’s being built this week.

Reactions: slyderz3
I am in OC with Buena Park being my SC. Mine was built on 02/17(PA080xxx) and as of yesterday, mine is still in transit - currently in Riverside,CA as per the SA from Buena Park SC. Not sure how long it is going to take it move from Riverside to OC. Still haven’t received the text to schedule for pickup.
I just checked with SA in Buena Park. My car is being prepped off-site for pick-up tomorrow.

Reactions: Hotshot5959
I changed my color yesterday after ordering on Feb. 3rd and while the EDD did not change I got the text to expect a VIN in 1-2 weeks today. I confirmed that they can see the changes I made yesterday. If anything, it seems like changing the color may have accelerated my order, but I don;t think there is any sure way to know without asking.

Reactions: JessicaG
OD 1/15
MSM/B/20/EAP/7 seater
2/24 got message saying Vin will be assigned in a week or 2 EDD changed to Mar 2 - Mar 30
Just now 2/27- 11:17 EST got message that VIN is assigned PF69XXXX New EDD March 10- Mar 19
Usually when we get a message to schedule delivery do they provide any dates to select or they provide one? I provided my current active insurance on which I do not have Tesla added yet but I uploaded the active policy is that OK?
Any information or education is highly appreciated.
They gave me three dates to choose from. Insurence - Tesla app spec said has to show Tesla VIN so insurance uploaded had to be for my new Tesla. But could be diff rules for diff states. I am in NY. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Chey
I wonder if that is why some of these MYAWD orders seem delayed? Maybe they ran out of the 19s after scheduling the production and listing them on the coming soon inventory?
Honestly I think that’s it. I saw a MYAWD with 20” and a build date of 2/24 already at an SC across the country from where I am. It’s just gotta be the 19” wheels. It would be so nice to know that tho, so I don’t think I’m being deprioritized! 😂

Switched to something in existing inventory today.

Original order:
MYLR Black/Black, Gemini
OD: 1/27
EDD: 3/22-3/31

New build:
MYLR MSM/Black, 20”, tow
EDD: 3/13-3/20

Was told it was currently in transit. Got VIN immediately. Looks to be a Fremont build. I was slightly nervous about the tax credit not happening with my original order EDD and I admittedly started to feel black was a bad choice after all I’ve heard with being hard to maintain and all. Bigger wheels I could’ve done without, but in the end, I like it. I figured if I’m going to spend all of this money, I should at least be happy with it. In the end that’s what matters!

Finally received a shortened EDD 3/8-3/22. OD 1/13, 7 seater, blue/black
Same here.
MYLR MSM/W/19 5 seater
OD 1
Btw, In NJ we are receiving additional 2k rebate for EV under 55k, so picking up a car that costs +3k to my original price (53k) I'm converting it into +5k in my head. Nah, better to stick with 3750 tax credit and 2k instant rebate :)
Is it 55k before the destination fees ? My configuration has a total of $54,990 ( MYLR MSM/W/19)
However, it jumps up to $56,630.00 after adding the destination and order fees.
OD 1/19

I just called a SA about my delivery being pushed back by 1 day daily. The SA told me, "I think you have a misconception about the EV tax credit. Tesla's knowledge is that the tax credit is valid until END of March. So as long as you receive your delivery before the END of March, you should be eligible for the full tax credit."

How true is this? Does Tesla have insider information about the IRS tax credit?

Our ICE vehicles are getting quite old and need to be replaced but we still have time. Our primary motivation for ordering a MYLR was the price drop and not the tax credits. Other factors were the charging network, efficiency, and just plain nerd lust (me).

I know people rag on the Bolt (and justifiably so) but growing pains aside it might make for a great "around the town" secondary vehicle for those that need one unless Tesla introduces a new sub $30K model with comparable specs.
"Growing pains," now that's the first time I've read that euphemism for "catches fire and burns your house down." 🤣 #7,413