Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR W/B Base
OD : 1/18 evening
EDD1: Jan-March
EDD2: 2/28-3/31
EDD3 on 2/28: 3/13-3/31

Why do I get push back so far? This is cutting too close now.
1. Tesla's delivery process takes into account quarters (Q1 ends in March so they might focus on deliveries they know they can make aka what's near the factories)
2. The estimates are just estimates so they aren't always super accurate (it can say EDD is June but then with delays you get it in November)
3. Your EDD changed from 1 month to 2.5 weeks so that is actually some good news (despite the federal tax credit stuff)

MYLR MSM/Black/19"/5 seat/no tow
OD: 1/20 (early afternoon 3:30 PM to be exact)
Original EDD: Jan - March
Updated EDD: 3/15 - 3/31
Updated EDD 2 (2/14): 3/07 - 3/13
Updated EDD 3 (2/25): 3/07 - 3/31
Long island NY
No VIN yet
I got a vin 2/24 w/ 3/11 - 3/17 range for pickup at Smithtown. You will need a vin by 3/10 to be in the time frame for March delivery. It seems to be 2-3 weeks form vin for deliv dates. I'm hoping to get a firm date by Thursday.

My EDD changed as well.

MYLR5 Blue, White, 19''
OD: 1/20 1:30AM EST
EDD1: 2/25-3/31
EDD2: 3/24-3/31
EDD3: 3/28-3/31
No VIN

I think 19'' is causing the issues. I am not willing to change to 20'' to lose $4K ($2K from NJ + $2K for 20''). No hope at this point. I was planning to exchange my Q7, I guess I need to stick with my Audi.

My EDD changed as well.

MYLR5 Blue, White, 19''
No VIN

I think 19'' is causing the issues. I am not willing to change to 20'' to lose $4K ($2K from NJ + $2K for 20''). No hope at this point. I was planning to exchange my Q7, I guess I need to stick with my Audi.
Same here, Not willing to pay an extra $2k for the 20's to rush the delivery, i'll just be patient for now

Its a feeling (conjecture) on our part that an additional grace period is "fair," although biased. :)

How would a 10x price increase over the past year benefit Tesla?

Don't see it, unless they combine source pricing with "domestic and trade friendly" countries at much higher value than non trade friendly countries. Then the value will always be higher unless they have a standard way pricing (marking it to market)
Lithium for sure counted as source from US(or its FTZ). Higher the price, higher the percentage of battery minerals that qualify for IRA rule. For 2023, the percentage threshold is 40%.

ODD Updated this morning.

OD: 1/16 5PM
Original EDD: Jan-Mar
EDD2: Feb 4 - Mar 4
EDD3: Feb 12 - Mar 12
EDD4: Mar1 - Mar 29
EDD5: Mar 6 - Mar 20

MYLR, MSM, black interior, 19", Tow Hitch

Seattle area
Hey I'm right there with you. OD 1/17 and I got an update overnight as well from
Mar 1-Mar 29
to
Mar 6-Mar 20.
Seattle area as well. It's getting closer.

Dunno but feel your pain.. Would suggest holding off any order cancelling decisions until after IRS offers guidance. No use jumping the gun..
Bingo. I fully expect the tax credit will drop to $3,750 and am prepared to cancel my order and look at the $250 order fee as a gambling loss.

BUT, I'm not cancelling my order YET because of the possibility that the $7,500 will still apply when I take delivery.

So, unless the tax credit drops before I take delivery, then I haven't lost yet.

My EDD changed as well.

MYLR5 Blue, White, 19''
No VIN

Maybe the white interior? Its the difference between your order and mine. OD is quite close with differences in hours.

Who knows . . . I think its related to batch cycles (order slots) of color and delivery destination. <pure speculation>. I don't subscribe to theories of Tesla scheming to maximizing 2K deliverables over others. The loss from optimizing could be far greater.

BTW, I also stay away from changing based upon tax or message board topics. I will decide the situation when I get facts at delivery time.

I find it odd the supply chain being held up on white vegan pleather, wheel alloy or tires. Heck I'd accept a different compatible tire. Maybe its the plastic hub cover on the 19s. :).

Contrary to other folk, I find the Tesla order process little different than other manufacturers. Maybe BMW has a slight edge in terms of informing part and assembly and people finding ways to track container ships. BTW, BMW paint and assembly is a matter of a few days. The main delay is getting to the slot and shipping.

Reactions: bigfish11 and imgcs
My EDD changed as well.

MYLR5 Blue, White, 19''
No VIN

Seeing lots of 20"s being delivered earlier than 19", I think your assumption of 19" causing the delivery issue seems plausible.

Reactions: imgcs