Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe the white interior? Its the difference between your order and mine. OD is quite close with differences in hours.

Who knows . . . I think its related to batch cycles (order slots) of color and delivery destination. <pure speculation>. I don't subscribe to theories of Tesla scheming to maximizing 2K deliverables over others. The loss from optimizing could be far greater.

BTW, I also stay away from changing based upon tax or message board topics. I will decide the situation when I get facts at delivery time.

I find it odd the supply chain being held up on white vegan pleather, wheel alloy or tires. Heck I'd accept a different compatible tire. Maybe its the plastic hub cover on the 19s. :).

Contrary to other folk, I find the Tesla order process little different than other manufacturers. Maybe BMW has a slight edge in terms of informing part and assembly and people finding ways to track container ships. BTW, BMW paint and assembly is a matter of a few days. The main delay is getting to the slot and shipping.
Yup, it could be B/W/19'' combination or delivery algo issue. I am willing to change the interior, I wish Tesla provides some information.

Seeing lots of 20"s being delivered earlier than 19", I think your assumption of 19" causing the delivery issue seems plausible.
Except they just started building 200 MY SR AWD with 19’s for nobody in particular. That could be 200 of our orders being pushed out to wait for more 19’s they just used up. Seems strange to do when you’ve already “sold-out” for the quarter.

*watches more people cut in line*

White, Black Interior, MYLR, 19" wheels
Phoenix, AZ
OD: 1/16(9pm)
1/17 - EDD: 2/4-3/4
2/3 - EDD 2/13-3/13
2/14 - EDD 2/28-3/28
2/28 - EDD 3/5-3/19

Obligatory back story
When IRS dropped the 55k tax credit limit on 2/3, I saw a MYP appear in local inventory, and we pulled the trigger on that. The responsible thing would have been to wait on the phone with Tesla and change our MYLR pre-order over to that, but I didn't want to risk MYP being picked up by someone else. So I spent another $250 on a deposit to claim the MYP. We picked it up on 2/6 been enjoying it since. But I figured I'd keep everyone updated with the MYLR we ordered on 1/16

Reactions: erktrek
I just saw from waitingfortesla that over 300 MYSR has been unloaded, but built date around early march.
Yes, I see a MYLR that is already built with ETA delivery next week. This vehicle has 20s instead of 19s. Willing to cave in since my EDD got pushed out to 3/22 - 3/32. I'm on hold with Tesla to see if they can make this change and honor original pricing. It's unlikely but worth a shot.

Reactions: Hotshot5959
I just saw from waitingfortesla that over 300 MYSR has been unloaded, but built date around early march.
(THIS IS FOR ANY ONE CONSIDERING TO BUY THE "COMING SOON TO CITY" MYAWD)

If you think cars are coming soon or are in inventory, I ordered one on 02/09 No EDD yet. I went in store and placed the order he said it should be here in 2 weeks. but i havent seen a single person on this forum who has taken delivery of MYAWD.
So if anyone is planning to make a hard and fast decision think twice because there are literally no updates for MYAWD cars. i got an email stating that car is built and on it ways on 02/16 but there is another person who ordered the same date as me was told those cars haven't build yet.
I will be updating as soon as something changes in my order but no changes yet!!

Except they just started building 200 MY SR AWD with 19’s for nobody in particular. That could be 200 of our orders being pushed out to wait for more 19’s they just used up. Seems strange to do when you’ve already “sold-out” for the quarter.

*watches more people cut in line*
Profit could be the motive. I follow Elon on Twitter, he was worried about the economy. They need to post blockbuster Q1 results in order to mitigate recession risk.

Reactions: James2023y
Lithium for sure counted as source from US(or its FTZ). Higher the price, higher the percentage of battery minerals that qualify for IRA rule. For 2023, the percentage threshold is 40%.

If Tesla needs 100grams and . . .
  • 1 gram at 40% of cost is priced US/FTZ
  • 99 grams at 60% cost from a non-US/FTZ
This qualifies? It's totally made up because commodity pricing does not act like that unless they can "justify" an arms length pricing model.

It's not quite clear from the investment article what makes up US Tesla 2170 based batteries. They source from multiple locations e.g., ganfeng may supply china factory, and Panasonic is unknown (at least to me) where they source it. I don't think we know if Tesla sources Lithium/Cobalt from US and I have not seen anything that says they do and would qualify.

OD: 1/29 MYLR - BLU/BLK 19"
EDD1: 3/23 - 3/31
EDD2 (2/14): 4/18 - 5/30
EDD3 (2/28): 4/16 - 5/21
No Vin yet NJ

I guess any movement closer is good. I hope that Tesla worked a deal with the feds to get the entire $7500 tax credit in exchange for opening up the supercharger network.

Reactions: amo2u
(THIS IS FOR ANY ONE CONSIDERING TO BUY THE "COMING SOON TO CITY" MYAWD)

If you think cars are coming soon or are in inventory, I ordered one on 02/09 No EDD yet. I went in store and placed the order he said it should be here in 2 weeks. but i havent seen a single person on this forum who has taken delivery of MYAWD.
So if anyone is planning to make a hard and fast decision think twice because there are literally no updates for MYAWD cars. i got an email stating that car is built and on it ways on 02/16 but there is another person who ordered the same date as me was told those cars haven't build yet.
I will be updating as soon as something changes in my order but no changes yet!!
I saw one dude on Reddit who got his last week in Miami. That’s it. 20” wheels.

Original order date was 2/12.
Original EDD was March-May
Updated EDD was April 9 to May 19
As of today new EDD is March 20-31

Can't wait for my blue Model Y LR with a hitch.
I have a MYLR Blue but no tow hitch. Wonder if the tow hitch matters.
MYLR5 Blue/White/Tow Hitch/20"/Atlanta

OD: 2/3
EDD1: April-May
EDD2: 4/10-5/22
1-2 Week VIN Text: 2/27
EDD3 (2/28): 3/18-3/31
I wonder if the tow hitch and rims make a difference. I ordered on 1/29 no tow hitch, 19" rims, and black interior. My EDD is now 4/16-5/21.

White, Black Interior, MYLR, 19" wheels
Phoenix, AZ
OD: 1/16(9pm)
1/17 - EDD: 2/4-3/4
2/3 - EDD 2/13-3/13
2/14 - EDD 2/28-3/28
2/28 - EDD 3/5-3/19

Obligatory back story
When IRS dropped the 55k tax credit limit on 2/3, I saw a MYP appear in local inventory, and we pulled the trigger on that. The responsible thing would have been to wait on the phone with Tesla and change our MYLR pre-order over to that, but I didn't want to risk MYP being picked up by someone else. So I spent another $250 on a deposit to claim the MYP. We picked it up on 2/6 been enjoying it since. But I figured I'd keep everyone updated with the MYLR we ordered on 1/16
Hi @ArizonaFish. Thanks for sharing the current EDD of your MYLR order. My OD is 2 days later, but EDD is over 2 weeks later. As you can see from my post below, I'm trying to switch my order to a unit that is being delivered next week.

Reactions: ArizonaFish