Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my MY on 2/14 and a few of the NJ buyers on here also picked up that same week. I believe we all got the notification to schedule around the same time too. A few others also picked up the week afterwards and this was across multiple locations like Springfield, Cherry Hill, Paramus, etc.

For me it was just accepting delivery of the car using the Tesla app with the account used to purchase the vehicle. After inspecting the vehicle, I accepted delivery of the car and then drove off so there was nothing Tesla needed on my end (I paid in advance so didn't have to do that during pickup). All the "paperwork" for me was in the app and it was just viewing/accepting the terms documents.
Did you have a co-registrant for the car ownership? If it was just you, only you needed to show up for delivery.

Question here.

Original MYLR on 2/3 hours before the $1500 price hike. Delivery to Savannah been stuck on 4/17-5/29 ever since.

Found same trim in inventory the other day and placed order. Delivery estimate now 3/11-3/17 which is great. But in talking with sales rep (national number not local Savannah person) they said I cannot use the lower price from which I made the original order and had to instead accept the inventory price.

This seems different from what I’ve read. If so any suggestions on how to handle this?

TIA

Did you have a co-registrant for the car ownership? If it was just you, only you needed to show up for delivery.
No I did not. If that's the case for you, then maybe you both probably have to show up.

However, my main interaction with the Tesla Advisor was just showing up and him saying the car is outside so to use the app to accept delivery. I just had to use the app to unlock the car so I can get inside and then the 2 key cards were packaged in the cup holder. That's it. The whole experience was mostly just looking at the car myself and then driving off.

Question here.

Original MYLR on 2/3 hours before the $1500 price hike. Delivery to Savannah been stuck on 4/17-5/29 ever since.

Found same trim in inventory the other day and placed order. Delivery estimate now 3/11-3/17 which is great. But in talking with sales rep (national number not local Savannah person) they said I cannot use the lower price from which I made the original order and had to instead accept the inventory price.

This seems different from what I’ve read. If so any suggestions on how to handle this?

TIA
They can manipulate the data from their end. Some SAs are nice enough to do it, while others aren’t so much. They aren’t required to do it though.

No I did not. If that's the case for you, then maybe you both probably have to show up.

However, my main interaction with the Tesla Advisor was just showing up and him saying the car is outside so to use the app to accept delivery. I just had to use the app to unlock the car so I can get inside and then the 2 key cards were packaged in the cup holder. That's it. The whole experience was mostly just looking at the car myself and then driving off.
When my wife and I picked up in Springfield, there were papers in the car that both of us needed to sign and hand to a staff member.

Same order date and configuration except with tow. Had first change to EDD today. Went to 3/18 -3/31 from 3/3-3/31...my financing lock ends 3/21. At this point I am just planning for the half tax credit and if I get the full $7500 it will be a bonus.
My OD. configuration, and EDD are very similar to yours and @zroger73 's. I hope we all get ours in March and qualify for the full $7500.

Reactions: Tcorn and zroger73
Question here.

TIA
I recommend going to the SC and getting it done. Have found better help with things there. Phone txt and mails have been of no help.

Reactions: jchasman
For those frustrated about how Tesla builds and ships car, I think there’s something we teach kids about a kettle boiling and watching it..
Kettles don't give you an estimated finish time then look at you sideways when you expect them to meet it.
Most seem to be waiting for the MYLR here, and not the sr version w new battery. I assume the main reason is the range difference, even though the sr version one can charge to higher %?
4680s don't have the LFP chemistry and so have the same charge restrictions as the LR/P packs. They're just built as structural packs with some new framing.
Only the M3sr has the LFP battery chemistry rn.

Reactions: JL-SD
Just heard back from the SA (in reference to moving to another vehicle that was available in CO but was sold six hours later when the SA replied to the text) that they expect my vehicle to get a VIN in MARCH :) and that if I were to switch to an inventory vehicle, the price would be what it is listed as and not what existed back on 02/3 for that configuration.

• Informative
Reactions: amo2u
Most seem to be waiting for the MYLR here, and not the sr version w new battery. I assume the main reason is the range difference, even though the sr version one can charge to higher %?
The actual reason is the MY SR cannot be custom ordered as they are only available for purchase from 'inventory'.

The charging recommendations by Tesla for the 4680 and 2170 battery packs are the same since they share the same battery chemistry. I too was under the mistaken impression that 4680s should be charged to 100% daily similar to the LFP battery pack in the M3 SR. Upon further research, I found out that wasn't the case. So I decided to stay with my custom order for the MYLR.

Last edited: