Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a couple that had build days listed at 3/6....
That is what exactly I am saying if the build states 3/6 then count at least 2 to 3 weeks from there i ordered on 2/9 >2/16 i got a mail saying Car is built and on its way after that no update, and if you are worried about financing if you have done it with Tesla then you might have to do it again if you change your car.
did you not get a VIN yet for the LR you ordered? if not try contacting the SA through text asking is the car built yet or no?

Reactions: Tcorn
MYP - Blue/Black
OD - 2/3
EDD1: Still 3/8-3/31
EDD2 2/22: 3/10-3/31
2/27 switched to Smithtown from Brooklyn
Tesla vision message on site 2/28- accepted
Vin assigned 2/28 PF70xxx
EDD3: 3/15-3/22
NYC Smithtown pickup
Similar to my order,
MYP-Red/Black
OD-2/3
similar EDD's
Ann Arbor Michgan
but still no VIN.
Got the text yesterday about trade in, but that is it

Reactions: Blue MYP
I don't know if this is coincidence or not. Just sharing my experience. NJ Springfield pickup.
So I got vin on 2/16. Submitted insurance and completed payment on 2/17. Edd was 3/3 -3/10. No updates.

This morning, I texted the number where I got the VIN from. Saying I got vin on 2/16 and completed rest of steps on 2/17 and asked about my scheduled delivery.

Two hours later,. I got text back to schedule delivery. I picked this Saturday 3/4.

Cant say If it's just coincidence or maybe texting them helps "expedite" ..

Reactions: dion009
Or not... 20 minutes in and still nothing but a "screen saver". Like all of the cars we're all waiting for... late without any communication about why! How to inspire investor confidence!
Ironically, Tesla is known to start late on these types of stuff so I was kinda expecting this haha.

I don't know if this is coincidence or not. Just sharing my experience. NJ Springfield pickup.
So I got vin on 2/16. Submitted insurance and completed payment on 2/17. Edd was 3/3 -3/10. No updates.

This morning, I texted the number where I got the VIN from. Saying I got vin on 2/16 and completed rest of steps on 2/17 and asked about my scheduled delivery.

Two hours later,. I got text back to schedule delivery. I picked this Saturday 3/4.

Cant say If it's just coincidence or maybe texting them helps "expedite" ..
Yes that is correct. If both you and the SA are nice/kind, they can even let you schedule earlier than waiting for the automated process to send you the scheduler.

That being said, the Tesla locations get an estimated day the truck(s) will arrive with the cars so if there's any delay, they will contact you and you'll have to push that delivery day though.

Reactions: FanboyNC
Update:
Boston, MA
Stock MYLR (White/Black/19") + Tow
OD: 1/18 @ 6:45PM ET
OEDD: Jan-Mar
EDD 1 (1/19): 03/29-03/31
EDD 2 (1/30): 03/07-03/31
EDD 3 (2/14): 02/28-03/28
EDD 4 (3/1): 03/10-03/24

No VIN yet. Received "expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks" text on 2/26.
Glad to see the delivery window narrow down to 2 weeks.

Had my Tesla Wall Connector charger installed last week, so I'm ready to take this baby home. All in all, it looks like it will be delivered within the timeframe originally promised by Tesla, so I have nothing to complain about, despite that some were able to get theirs sooner with later ODs.

As someone prophesied here, received my VIN 10 minutes before the start of the Tesla Investor Day broadcast :p
PA083,XXX (Austin build). New EDD 3/13-3/22.