Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in SoCal with a similar build as mine?
MYLR Blue/Black/19's

SA advised mine will be delivered in Upland CA
current EDD 3/14-3/31 as of this morning
no text about VIN assignment yet

ODD 1/23

I saw a similar build as mine available online being delivered to Irvine but with a tow hitch if anyone is interested, check online!
however, can't justify the tow hitch when i have my truck as well to haul my toys.....
I have the exact build as yours as with the ODD. Tesla Irvine SC is about 5 min from my house. No VIN yet either. My EDD just got moved back couple days ago from 3/13-3/31 to 3/15-3/31. I think the blue exterior along with 19" Gemini were the sticky points. However, there're a few MYAWD available right now for immediate delivery in SoCal with exact color combination but I'm going to wait out for my LR. Cross my finger that we will hear from SA soon.

Reactions: LytningMcqueef
I have the exact build as yours as with the ODD. Tesla Irvine SC is about 5 min from my house. No VIN yet either. My EDD just got moved back couple days ago from 3/13-3/31 to 3/15-3/31. I think the blue exterior along with 19" Gemini were the sticky points. However, there're a few MYAWD available right now for immediate delivery in SoCal with exact color combination but I'm going to wait out for my LR. Cross my finger that we will hear from SA soon.
Nice! I'm just waiting for mine also, I want the Long Range

Seems to be a lot of LR W/B 19 that have not received their VIN. Considering that a lot of the earlier orders (my OD 1/20) probably ordered this due to the price cap on the tax credit, I am really surprised that this configuration wasn't prioritized. Oh well, nothing to do about it at this point. I still want the car and I definitely don't want the 20 inch wheels. So we wait...
MYLR OD 01/16 W/B 19” no additional options and just picked up. Mileage was 6.
Everything was fine and I accept it. Austin build no Matrix headlights. By the way got vin on 02/16

Reactions: Tcorn
Hahahaha. I got a text over the weekend if I could reschedule for the 29th or 30th (since car won’t be ready for 2/27 pick up) and I responded back…..March?? And they responded back…..Feb. 🤨 🤣😂
I finally picked up my car today. It was completely a different experience than when I got the 3 in 2018. Walked in, handed my check, told me the car was outside in this stall number and keys are inside/open. Congrats and bye!

Ended up putting in a service ticket for paint chips near the hood and scratches along the side handles to the rear driver’s side door.

I got black/black and realized I’m not into the color 😂 My husband’s preferred color….despite me wanting the MSM.

When I got home, opened the trunk and didn’t think about adjusting the lift gate height at all.
Ended up hitting the top of the garage door resulting in scratched/scuffed trunk lip and more paint chips along the top. 😭🫠😭That’s the Tesla soft black paint for y’all.
Whoopsie. So I guess something to watch out for!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady and erktrek
I finally picked up my car today. It was completely a different experience than when I got the 3 in 2018. Walked in, handed my check, told me the car was outside in this stall number and keys are inside/open. Congrats and bye!

Ended up putting in a service ticket for paint chips near the hood and scratches along the side handles to the rear driver’s side door.

I got black/black and realized I’m not into the color 😂 My husband’s preferred color….despite me wanting the MSM.

When I got home, opened the trunk and didn’t think about adjusting the lift gate height at all.
Ended up hitting the top of the garage door resulting in scratched/scuffed trunk lip and more paint chips along the top. 😭🫠😭That’s the Tesla soft black paint for y’all.
Whoopsie. So I guess something to watch out for!
I probably would’ve ordered a black one, too. Except I picked the color for our 2018 model 3 last time. Thus, I let wife to pick the color this time, and she picked MSM. 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: archerita
lol so many people (including myself) have EDDs in the second half of March. Wonder how they will fulfill so may orders in such a short window especially when they haven't even assigned the VINs yet. Are they lying with our EDDs or does their supply chain work super crazy to fulfill orders at the end of the quarter....we will find out soon :p

I understand for vehicles that have been delivered. But this vehicle hasn't even gone there yet at least from what I can tell on waitingfortesla.com.. Oh well I guess I will keep waiting and watch for news from the Treasury!
After speaking with an SA today, I have a theory…at least for Pennsylvania. They seem to be enforcing that you must take delivery from the store that the car is or destined from the factory (and oddly certain state residents can only pick up in certain states). The way that was framed, made it seem like my current assigned delivery center doesn’t want to lose sales to another. So they really aren’t going out of their way to help me move my order to another store. When I asked if I could pick up my exact config out of inventory across the state, they said I would have to pay full price as if it was a new order. But then they took down the “alternative configs I’d accept” and said they would let me know if one came in before my actual order. Seemed they would honor my price for a slightly different build if it came available at my delivery center.

So, I wonder if I found a car I wanted and called the store where the car was destined and offered to pick up there if they transferred my sale to them, *that SA* might be more receptive to make that happen. Just a theory. I hate to be projecting greed, but maybe there are incentives for stores based on sales and they aren’t in a hurry to let “their” sale get away to another store. I don’t think they are commission or anything, but might explain why some SA’s are super helpful and others say there is nothing they can do.

I also think that they are in a rather unprecedented situation of huge sudden sales coupled with heightened anxiety over the ev incentive uncertainty.

Overall SA was very nice on the phone in just answering my questions on the process and really seemed to be doing their best to get me a car within the constraints they are working in. I had texted the 510 number and requested a call and eventually got to chat to someone.

OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla loan (Interest 5.34%) and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 MAR 26-APR 15
NO Vin yet, No updates, No reply / No text for any quiry.
2 of my friends picked their same spec. cars from same location with increased price (OD 01/24). 100% unfair treatment.

03/11 - Going to return wall charger
03/13 - Going to cancel order. bye bye TESLA !!
03/20 - Order RAV 4 Hybrid

OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla loan (Interest 5.34%) and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 MAR 26-APR 15
NO Vin yet, No updates, No reply / No text for any quiry.
2 of my friends picked their same spec. cars from same location with increased price (OD 01/24). 100% unfair treatment.

03/11 - Going to return wall charger
03/13 - Going to cancel order. bye bye TESLA !!
03/20 - Order RAV 4 Hybrid
Wow that is really unfair, This proves the theory that they are prioritizing orders that generate higher profit.

I went with Tesla finance and took my MYP delivery @ Dedham, MA.

The mistake I did was - I did not download the MVPA document before taking the delivery using the workaround 'switch to Cash -> download MVPA -> Switch to Tesla Financing'.

Now Tesla SA is not giving me the MVPA , said that I can't get MVPA doc as I went with Tesla Financing.

To claim the MA MOR-EV $3500 rebates , they want this specific doc. Any idea how to proceed here?

Wow that is really unfair, This proves the theory that they are prioritizing orders that generate higher profit.
I'm testing that theory.

I ordered a MYLR with no options on 1/20. My latest EDD as of yesterday was 3/8-3/22 after receiving the "VIN expected in 1-2 weeks" text. This morning, I added 20" wheels and tow hitch. We'll see what happens. :)

I'm testing that theory.

I ordered a MYLR with no options on 1/20. My latest EDD as of yesterday was 3/8-3/22 after receiving the "VIN expected in 1-2 weeks" text. This morning, I added 20" wheels and tow hitch. We'll see what happens. :)
My sister’s order for MYLR MSM, no other option, made 1/24 has roughly the same EDD.

Its a bit late to be changing your order… at this point, you’re more likely to get delayed, unless there one already in inventory.

Just saying.

Actually, never mind, y’all free to believe whatever you want, not like actual facts matter to these folks. I don’t even know why I’m in this sub forum anymore. I guess I’ll check out other sections of TMC to see if any of it catches my eye, but leaning towards saving myself the headache and just not coming back to TMC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starman420
At this point for a March delivery, looks like existing inventory would be the best option. Also I wouldn't trust any existing inventory unless it's in that location. There are lot of us who ordered inventory which was preproduction and waiting for a month now. The difference is coming soon mentioned next to the location in the inventory page. Do not book the one with coming soon. If it's just the location name it means it's already there. Also the wtf.com built dates are not reliable.

At this point for a March delivery, looks like existing inventory would be the best option. Also I wouldn't trust any existing inventory unless it's in that location. There are lot of us who ordered inventory which was preproduction and waiting for a month now. The difference is coming soon mentioned next to the location in the inventory page. Do not book the one with coming soon. If it's just the location name it means it's already there. Also the wtf.com built dates are not reliable.
I went to Tesla a couple of days ago and discussed my options with the SA. There was only one vehicle showing in inventory but the SA told me it will arrive at the location on 12th March. So, at least sometimes, the vehicles showing in the inventory are also not there physically.

Model Y Long Range (Midnight Silver Metallic Paint, White Interior)
OD: Jan 17th @ 8PM
EDD: Feb 7 - Mar 7
EDD: Feb 10 - Feb 24
EDD: Feb 21 - Mar 21
EDD: Feb 26 - Mar 11
EDD: Mar 2 - Mar 12
EDD: Mar 13 - Mar 31

This supports the hypothesis that Tesla keeps short distance deliveries for the end of a quarter.

Do we know when the EV Tax credit change that will reduce the $7500. How likely is it that I'll miss the full Tax credit? Is this happening to other people as well? I'm pissed to say the least.