Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My cousin is not ready to take his delivery, VIN is assigned. If interested ping me to takeover his reservation. Asking order fee $250, it was booked at 52990.

Location - Chicago
W/B/19
If someone is able to take over your cousin's order, would you please know the procedure followed.

I've asked Tesla SA twice if I could give up my order to take over another RN that has an earlier EDD, same configuration, and location. Both times I was told that this was not possible. No money was changing hands between myself and other order holder.

Hey all ,
just scheduled my delivery in Springfield NJ
MYLR (Austin build) basic white (black interior) with Gemini (no add ons)
any suggestions on what to look for ? is certified bank check on delivery is good ? (SA is not answering ..not saying NO either)
please let me know if someone took delivery in that location.

on different note I also book another MYAWD in Feb which is still TBD , now i am planning to cancel , does anyone know how to get $250 deposit back ? :)
basically 2 different order one in Jan (MYLR) and other in Feb (MYAWD).
thank you !!

If someone is able to take over your cousin's order, would you please know the procedure followed.

I've asked Tesla SA twice if I could give up my order to take over another RN that has an earlier EDD, same configuration, and location. Both times I was told that this was not possible. No money was changing hands between myself and other order holder.
Not sure but I think change the email address and password and give those details to the person who is taking over. They have to redo the registration.

How do you contact an SA? Im in the same boat. Ordered on 2/10 from inventory with vin assigned the next day. My EDD disappeared from the app yesterday.
Got an update today after texting a SA. They said ''Your vehicle is still in queue for the build line at this time. We will notify you once its time to schedule for pick up once we have a closer ETA on your Tesla.''
I guess it turns out it wasnt even built yet.

MYSR white from ''inventory'' NY
2/10 ordered
2/11 vin assigned
2/13 ish received 2/23 - 3/23 edd
2/28 edd disappeared

Just another perspective...

Giga Austin alone produces at least 3,000 Model Ys per week. Fremont can produce up to 550,000 Model 3 + Model Y per year. Assuming a 40/60 mix, that's another 6,000+. All these Model Y's are being delivered to customers all day, every day, yet we only read about a few of them per day on this forum.

This should serve as a reminder that "99%" of Tesla owners have no voice here. :)

Hey all ,
just scheduled my delivery in Springfield NJ
MYLR (Austin build) basic white (black interior) with Gemini (no add ons)
any suggestions on what to look for ? is certified bank check on delivery is good ? (SA is not answering ..not saying NO either)
please let me know if someone took delivery in that location.

on different note I also book another MYAWD in Feb which is still TBD , now i am planning to cancel , does anyone know how to get $250 deposit back ? :)
basically 2 different order one in Jan (MYLR) and other in Feb (MYAWD).
thank you !!
Congrats and good luck. I picked up from Springfield with a cashiers check. When I received the text telling me to pay, I informed them that I would bring a check. They didn’t rush us and let us look over the interior before paying and accepting delivery

Just another perspective...

Giga Austin alone produces at least 3,000 Model Ys per week. Fremont can produce up to 550,000 Model 3 + Model Y per year. Assuming a 40/60 mix, that's another 6,000+. All these Model Y's are being delivered to customers all day, every day, yet we only read about a few of them per day on this forum.

This should serve as a reminder that "99%" of Tesla owners have no voice here. :)
Yep that seems right.

When I picked up my MY 2 weeks ago, there were maybe 3-4 people here also in NJ picking up their MYs within 1-2 days of my DD. I chose the late morning to pickup my car and there were still like 10+ people picking up their cars at around the time slot I selected. This shows that there are A LOT of deliveries happening meanwhile this thread/forums will only contains a very small % of people taking delivery (and those people are probably experiencing delays/issues).