Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PSA for free Tesla live "training".

After discussions in this thread of people wondering about strange noises from their new Teslas, wanted to make a point to say folks should definitely take the time and join the free, live, online info sessions Tesla offers. I got an email inviting me to RSVP, but in care you didn't, here's the link. Looks like the next one is 3/17. There's also a webinar for "Next Steps" after placing your order which you can probably find a link and keep an eye on your emails as they should be sending you invites. And for model Y, there are always these online videos you can watch anytime. They're all worth your time.
Good to hear. I registered for the next session a few days ago.

In CA too. Dates are really moving around. Looks like mine was brought back into Q1 assuming for the Fremont push and that my car would come from there. Fingers crossed 🤞

MYLR MSM/Black /19"/ 5 seat / tow hitch

OD: 1/26 Original
EDD: Feb - March
Updated EDD (2/1) 3/6 - 3/31
Updated EDD (2/14) 4/7 - 5/19
Attended 2/17 "get to know your next steps" webinar
Updated EDD (2/22) 4/3 - 5/8
Will be picking up at Nor Cal- Dublin SC
Attended 3/2 "get to know your model y" webinar
Updated EDD (3/4) 3/15-29.
This is the benefit of being near the factory locations. Granted we were deprioritized in the beginning and saved for end of quarter push.

Unfortunately for SoCal folks, looks like their MYs come from TX, so some might not make it in Q1.

Reactions: bgw210
My MYLR is Fremont build. VIN is PF with F for Fremont, CA and if you have PA in your VIN A stands for Austin, TX. For the last month + all MYLR from Fremont came with Matrix lights as far as I know.
I am surprised that NY is getting a Fremont build due to proximity to CA but that's great news. Did you order white interior? Those have been shipping from Fremont exclusively.

as per my SA in NJ , they said mine will get matrix though it is Austin build.. picking up on march 7 Tuesday
The SAs sometimes throw answers that may be incorrect so always take what they say with a grain of salt. You can check yourself on delivery day whether your car has matrix lights or not but it's not a huge deal. The main priority should be making sure there are no big issues with your car when you inspect it.

If you ask them "if I order today, will my Tesla arrive in a month?" and they say "yes, for sure. Don't worry about it!", then you're probably believing a false promise.

Last edited:
Update this morning is kind of a gut punch

OD Jan 21st MYLR White/Black 19"
EDD 1: Jan - March
EDD 2: 3/8 - 3/31
2/14 EDD 3: 3/26 - 3/31
3/4 EDD 4: 5/19 - 6/30 !!:eek:

what on earth has happened in Fremont? I could easily see the date slipping into April but this is a little rediculous...the EDD now lines up with the dates they are givng for a new order 😭

• Disagree
Reactions: Lady and FanboyNC
White, LR 19” wheels. OD Jan20th. DD - 03/05 - 03-31. Today it Changed to April 15. - May 16. What the frick Tesla? Pain for electrician for this to be hooked up and 450 for the charger down to thousand dollars in your car. Meanwhile at the dealership I was told to hurry up and install this charger because the cars are coming quick.

Reactions: imgcs

what on earth has happened in Fremont? I could easily see the date slipping into April but this is a little rediculous...the EDD now lines up with the dates they are givng for a new order 😭
Tesla works and delivers on a quarter basis so with Q1 ending in March, they probably decided to push your order into Q2 (that would be my best guess since we can't be 100% sure of Tesla's reasons).

White, LR 19” wheels. OD Jan20th. DD - 03/05 - 03-31. Today it Changed to April 15. - May 16. What the frick Tesla? Pain for electrician for this to be hooked up and 450 for the charger down to thousand dollars in your car. Meanwhile at the dealership I was told to hurry up and install this charger because the cars are coming quick.

Could these be indications that the $7500 federal tax credit may extend further since Tesla is pushing orders past March this early?

Reactions: erktrek
Tesla works and delivers on a quarter basis so with Q1 ending in March, they probably decided to push your order into Q2 (that would be my best guess since we can't be 100% sure of Tesla's reasons).

Could these be indications that the $7500 federal tax credit may extend further since Tesla is pushing orders past March this early?
Could this be a sign that they are retooling Fremont factory for the next version? Suddenly delaying the deliveries to q2

My wait is almost over. Got a vin this morning. And delivery set for next week. 🥳
It moved up almost a month from original timeline. There is hope yet for folks waiting to get your delivery in March

Model Y Long range - BLUE with WHITE interior

OD: 02/03/2023
EDD: March to May
EDD1: 04/07 to 05/19
EDD2 04/05 to 05/10

EDD3: Got vin and delivery date update today 3/4/23 early morning

what on earth has happened in Fremont? I could easily see the date slipping into April but this is a little rediculous...the EDD now lines up with the dates they are giving for a new order 😭
Wow, that is crazy!

But that RAV 4 hybrid will take even longer to deliver...!

How is the ride quality? Is it better than MYLR as you had expected?
Yes it is, after test driving my brother-in-laws with 700 miles next to mine it seems mine feels slightly stiffer over the bigger bumps, not sure if 700 miles is enough to break in suspension at all or if there is just a difference in our cars? I think there is a lot of room for improvement in the ride quality though and am already considering some comfort oriented coilovers.

IMHO It would be only fair if people who has to wait for 2+ month get HW4 ;)
Suppose IRS provides guidance in mid-March that halves the tax credit to $3750. Would upgraded hardware such as higher resolution cameras be enough incentive for you all to keep your order? Or would you require additional incentives such as free Supercharger miles to keep your order?

In the above scenario, I would be most pleased if Tesla would offer a credit ($1K) towards an upgrade such as the Acceleration Boost or 20" wheels.

Last edited: