Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD6: Feb 28 - Mar 13
EDD7: Mar 1 - Mar 14
EDD8: Mar 2 - Mar 14
EDD9: Mar 3 - Mar 14
EDD10: Mar 5 - Mar 14
Finally got my VIN this morning, EDD changed to Mar 5 - Mar 12. I'm in the bay area, so of course it's Fremont built. :)

Do I have to add the car to my insurance before uploading it?
Not in California. You have to add the new vehicle as soon as possible before of after taking delivery

Reactions: bigfish11
Just received an EDD update this morning: MAR 18 - MAR 31. MYP ordered on 02/03. My last EDD was MAR 4-31 so still inside March 31 but let's see. There is actually a MYLR with 20' wheels that I can fly and pick up from CO if only Tesla can honor the price (The MYLR in that configuration is currently $1K more expensive than what I'm paying for my MSM MYP) as it existed during my OD (02/03). A few here have said that they can do this but I can't connect with my SA over text, and can't get to an agent on the phone until Noon Eastern time so the vehicle may be gone by then.

I was able to get on a chat and switch my vehicle to this red MYLR with 20" wheels. They adjusted my price down to where it was $500 less than what I would have paid for the MSM MYP..given the MYLR is a more expensive color option etc. Apples to Apples I would have paid $1500 more for the MYP over this MYLR with 20" wheels. I'm happy..paying less..will pay even less on insurance and tires etc. VIN has been assigned already. Overall, the MSM MYP would have been a steal for the price but I did not want to risk losing out on the tax credit and was fine overpaying for the red MYLR..I had zero confidence in Tesla delivering my vehicle within the MAR 18-31 window it updated to for that vehicle this morning. The MYLR has been built and I got assigned the VIN immediately..Currently it's showing EDD of the week of March 20 but I guess that can change quickly depending on when the vehicle is expected to arrive in CO.

The Red MYLR is Fremont built with a build date of March 04/2023 so probably in transit to Denver..For others looking to match to an inventory vehicle, I was told the finance (Tesla finance) approval will be fine if the price of the vehicle you are switching to is equal or less than what was initially approved.

Just a word of caution: If NM offers any type of rebate for EVs, if it is same as IL, one has to purchase the vehicle in that state. I had thought about going to another state to do the same as you are considering. Of course, my basic math shows that $7,500 is bigger than what IL was offering of $4,000. I do not have access to a calculator to veryify this. :)
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I don't think NM offers anything to non home owners and since we're renting we probably don't have any incentives that we can tap in to. They also don't allow tesla to sell in state with the company having to open up their service centers in Native American land to skirt the laws..

Last edited:
Reactions: Yomanjm and dion009
Picked mine up a couple of days ago, they usually arrive the day before and you will have a pick up date and time scheduled, mine was for 3/3 but at about 5pm after work I was near the store and it was ready to pick up, I just walked up to the cars on the lots and looked at the dash or stickers to see the vin's
Thanks! Is it true that the standard MY AWD are still not there? I was told it was still being built and still in Texas. LIke WTH. I ordered a day before you. And now my EDD is gone since yesterday and SA told me he has no other information besides from it’s still being built. And I’ve had a VIN since the same day I ordered on 2/10. Any advise on this? I’m thinking of just canceling this order cause it’s ridiculous. Why advertise existing inventory when it’s not even being built yet.

Thanks! Is it true that the standard MY AWD are still not there? I was told it was still being built and still in Texas. LIke WTH. I ordered a day before you. And now my EDD is gone since yesterday and SA told me he has no other information besides from it’s still being built. And I’ve had a VIN since the same day I ordered on 2/10. Any advice on this? I’m thinking of just canceling this order cause it’s ridiculous. Why advertise existing inventory when it’s not even being built yet.
Don’t cancel and forfeit the $250. Just wait and see what develops, you can make any decision later.

L
3 hours after updating the rims to 20” I got the message that my VIN was assigned and my delivery date was moved to 03/16-03/22.

So changing the rims did it.. it is $2k more. That moved the car price to $55500 for me, which is still very close to a possible alternative ID4 where I live. So will go for it.

LRMY white/black interior (initially 19”), no additionals
Order date 1/25
1/31 EDD 3/17-3/31
3/4 EDD 4/15-5/20
3/4 changed to 20” rims, now EDD 3/16-3/22

SoCal
i tried to order induction wheels as well , but the car’s original price would be changed to current price of 54990 from 52990 that I had booked my car at. So basically I was gonna pay 4000$ for induction wheels. I told the SA not to change my order.

Reactions: amo2u and erktrek
Thanks! Is it true that the standard MY AWD are still not there? I was told it was still being built and still in Texas. LIke WTH. I ordered a day before you. And now my EDD is gone since yesterday and SA told me he has no other information besides from it’s still being built. And I’ve had a VIN since the same day I ordered on 2/10. Any advise on this? I’m thinking of just canceling this order cause it’s ridiculous. Why advertise existing inventory when it’s not even being built yet.

I bet Monday at 9EST you'll see an update

My EDD updated this morning pushing it out to the end of March. Frustrating seeing much later orders getting theirs before me but, I'm hanging in there. I haven't updated my order since profile completion either.

MYLR, MSM, black interior, 19", Tow Hitch
OD 1/16 PM
EDD 6: Mar 6 - Mar 20
EDD 7: Mar 26 - Mar 31
Was hoping my March delivery would stay but Nope.

OD 1/18

W/W/ 19's/ no options.
EDD has shifted this morning to April 9th- MAY14th

This Sucks. I don't want 20's but wonder if switching to a Performance model move the date up at all? Or dropping the White interior help

Oh Well can't trust these EDD's I have other vehicles . Guess this may come down to someone getting more upset that me and dropping an order.

Posted this before,
Never even sat in a TESLA and ordered the MYLR off of specs alone.
I will wait for a while

Last edited:
L

i tried to order induction wheels as well , but the car’s original price would be changed to current price of 54990 from 52990 that I had booked my car at. So basically I was gonna pay 4000$ for induction wheels. I told the SA not to change my order.
Call Tesla and check. I wanted to switch my order to a MYLR from MSM last week and my SA told me that the new vehicle price would apply and not what existed back during my original MYP order date. I did not pursue this further and that vehicle was quickly sold. This morning I did the same via chat and was able to snag an inventory MYLR at a price that was significantly lower than Tesla's website because during the match process they honored the MYLR price as it existed during my order date. Had I tried to do this via text with SA they would have likely said this would not be possible.

was hoping my march delivery would stay but Nope.

OD 1/18

W/W/ 19's/ no options.
EDD has now shifted to April 9th- MAY14th

This Sucks. I don't want 20's but wonder if switching to a Performance model move the date up at all? Or dropping the White interior help
I have the same configuration except with black interior. My EDD changed to 4/6 - 5/11 earlier this morning.

Reactions: erktrek
ODD Updated this morning.

OD: 1/16 5PM
Original EDD: Jan-Mar
EDD2: Feb 4 - Mar 4
EDD3: Feb 12 - Mar 12
EDD4: Mar1 - Mar 29
EDD5: Mar 6 - Mar 20

MYLR, MSM, black interior, 19", Tow Hitch

Seattle area

Same update to me Monday Mar6-Mar20. My OD 1/15 MYLR WHILTE/BLACK 5 Seats

EDD5(2/28) : 3/6-3/20
Seattle Area.
I saw some others have updated for a similar EDD and for the same area and also MSM. Hope we get them VINs around that time 🤞

Same. Mar 5-19 here MYLR MSM 19 inch OD 1/15. Also in the Seattle area.
My Seattle area peeps. I woke up today to find my EDD had change yet again from 3/6-3/20 to 3/26-3/31. At least it's still in March but this sucks. I assume you are in the same boat.

OD 1/17

Reactions: drew212
Seattle Area.
I saw some others have updated for a similar EDD and for the same area and also MSM. Hope we get them VINs around that time 🤞
MYLR MSM/Black/19'
Seattle Area
OD - 1/16
EDD1 : Jan-March
EDD2 : 2/3-3/3
EDD3(1/30) : 2/13-2/27
EDD4(2/14) : 2/28-3/28
EDD6(3/5) : 3/26-3/31

Really frustrating. I intend to cancel order if this EDD will push just once more.

I have the same configuration except with black interior. My EDD changed to 4/6 - 5/11 earlier this morning.
Just find it hard to believe Tesla missed the EDD by that much on "first week" price drop orders.
Well that kills the switching interior colors idea.

I did look at the change order form and don't even see the P model??

Just need to get over the shock of seeing such a big shift in delivery dates. Paying 4 grand for wheels I don't want just to move the date up is not going to happen.

Reactions: James2023y
Don’t cancel and forfeit the $250. Just wait and see what develops, you can make any decision later.
Call Tesla and check. I wanted to switch my order to a MYLR from MSM last week and my SA told me that the new vehicle price would apply and not what existed back during my original MYP order date. I did not pursue this further and that vehicle was quickly sold. This morning I did the same via chat and was able to snag an inventory MYLR at a price that was significantly lower than Tesla's website because during the match process they honored the MYLR price as it existed during my order date. Had I tried to do this via text with SA they would have likely said this would not be possible.
Can you get matched if a vehicle is in another state and showing up on Waitfortesla web site. Also would you share the number you called to speak to Tesla. Thanks

Don't cancel
AWD ar3 being delivered but with 20 wheels
Even i didn't knew this and booked the same thing
If you see something in inventory which doesn't say "In production " just go for that car take the link and send it to SA they should be able to swap it and honour the old price although i don't guarantee it will work.
But i have noticed the AWD with 20 wheels coming in inventory are not in production that means they will come sooner
But obviously you will have to pay 2k extra for those wheels

Reactions: James2023y
Just find it hard to believe Tesla missed the EDD by that much on "first week" price drop orders.
Well that kills the switching interior colors idea.

I did look at the change order form and don't even see the P model??

Just need to get over the shock of seeing such a big shift in delivery dates. Paying 4 grand for wheels I don't want just to move the date up is not going to happen.
At this point, I'm totally confused on what would help.

Can you get matched if a vehicle is in another state and showing up on Waitfortesla web site. Also would you share the number you called to speak to Tesla. Thanks
I got matched to a vehicle in CO since New Mexico registration is possible for vehicles sold in CO. It would not have worked had the vehicle I was looking for been in Arizona, Texas or Nevada. I couldn't call them since on Sundays they open at 12 ET for phone support/sales and had I waited for this the vehicle would have sold as this had happened to me before. I was able to locate the vehicle via Waiting for tesla, get on the vehicle page on Tesla's website and then use the chat feature there to go through the process with someone staffing chat support. Since its close to Noon, you can probably call them directly and do the same. Customer Support : 1 (888) 518-3752

Last edited:
Reactions: dion009
I got matched to a vehicle in CO since New Mexico registration is possible for vehicles sold in CO. It would not have worked had the vehicle I was looking for been in Arizona, Texas or Nevada. I couldn't call them since on Sundays they open at 12 ET for phone support/sales and had I waited for this the vehicle would have sold as this had happened to me a week before. I was able to locate the vehicle via Waiting for tesla, get on the vehicle page on Tesla's website and then use the chat feature there to go through the process with someone staffing chat support. Since its close to Noon, you can probably call them directly and do the same. Customer Support : 1 (888) 518-3752
Thank you so much for the information. Unfortunately for me there are no cars in Maryland or Virginia to choose from.
Will you be picking up your vehicle from CO or Tesla will bring to New Mexico?