Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White, Black Interior, MYLR, 19" wheels
Phoenix, AZ
OD: 1/16(9pm)
1/17 - EDD: 2/4-3/4
2/3 - EDD 2/13-3/13
2/14 - EDD 2/28-3/28
2/28 - EDD 3/5-3/19
3/5 - EDD 3/26-3/31

Obligatory back story
When IRS dropped the 55k tax credit limit on 2/3, I saw a MYP appear in local inventory, and we pulled the trigger on that. The responsible thing would have been to wait on the phone with Tesla and change our MYLR pre-order over to that, but I didn't want to risk MYP being picked up by someone else. So I spent another $250 on a deposit to claim the MYP. We picked it up on 2/6 been enjoying it since. But I figured I'd keep everyone updated with the MYLR we ordered on 1/16

Sure glad we got that MYP!

Phoenix, AZ
2/3 - EDD 2/13-3/13
2/14 - EDD 2/28-3/28
2/28 - EDD 3/5-3/19
3/5 - EDD 3/26-3/31

Obligatory back story
When IRS dropped the 55k tax credit limit on 2/3, I saw a MYP appear in local inventory, and we pulled the trigger on that. The responsible thing would have been to wait on the phone with Tesla and change our MYLR pre-order over to that, but I didn't want to risk MYP being picked up by someone else. So I spent another $250 on a deposit to claim the MYP. We picked it up on 2/6 been enjoying it since. But I figured I'd keep everyone updated with the MYLR we ordered on 1/16

Too bad that Tesla would not let us transfer your order to me even when I was willing to cancel mine. Mine got bumped into Apr-May this morning. When you decide to cancel your order, please let us know. It would be interesting to see if anyone here in Phoenix area gets the allocation.

Ok interesting. I definitely did not see mention of VIN nor active insurance for at least 60 days after delivery. From what I know in CA as long as you have an active policy you have 30 days to add the new vehicle to your policy after the purchase date and still be covered even if something happens
I’m here in SoCal. I texted the SA in regarding my order to see any ETA for a VIN and anything else that I need as part of pre delivery. He got back to me asking to submit my current insurance to satisfy the insurance session. However, I cannot upload via the Tesla since the insurance is greyed out (not active without a VIN?). I ended up have to send him a copy via email so he can upload to my account for me. I guess the insurance requirement is different for each state but I thought that kind of weird. Since my EDD is getting close, I just want to do what he told me so no delay causing on my part.

Reactions: bigboi
Does anyone know how WaitingForTesla determines the build date? I found an inventory vehicle through there that it stated was built on 03/04..I haven't received info from my SA to confirm but was wondering if there was a way to look this up..
Good question. What I know - the VIN doesn't show/tell the build date. Either waitingfortesla has some insider information or probably guessing, would be my bet.

Reactions: Vomhorizon
Good question. What I know - the VIN doesn't show/tell the build date. Either waitingfortesla has some insider information or probably guessing, would be my bet.

I think they must be getting it from Tesla's website. If you go on a vehicle page from their website over to Tesla's page for that particular vehicle, you can't see the VIN either but they clearly have that information as well. Either that or they're simply assigning the date on which the vehicle first appears as inventory as its build date..which is likely not very accurate. According to them (WFT), my vehicle was built on 03/04 with a VIN assigned to Denver..I'm showing an EDD of MAR 19-26 which is two weeks from the build date. Don't know what the avg. time is from build to delivery so that's I want to confirm..

Last edited:
Reactions: greenearth2129
Posted over in the cool kid 7-seater waiting room thread, but figured I’d post here for all the 5-seaters to see too…

Got my VIN today!

MYLR, White/Black, 7-seater, 19” wheels OD: 1/16/23
EDD 1: Feb - Apr
EDD 2 (1/18): 2/25-3/31
EDD 3 (2/26): 3/19-3/31
VIN text (3/6): …PF7036…
Tesla Vision Warning (3/6) *I only have basic Autopilot
EDD 4: (3/6): 3/20-3/27

Getting excited (again)! 😄

I think they must be getting it from Tesla's website. If you go on a vehicle page from their website over to Tesla's page for that particular vehicle, you can't see the VIN either but they clearly have that information as well. Either that or they're simply assigning the date on which the vehicle first appears as inventory as its build date..which is likely not very accurate. According to them (WFT), my vehicle was built on 03/04 with a VIN assigned to Denver..I'm showing an EDD of MAR 19-26 which is two weeks from the build date. Don't know what the avg. time is from build to delivery so that's I want to confirm..
I was told by my SA that delivery time from build is about two to three weeks - depending on the state and if the cars are shipped by train or via truck. Mine came via truck from Fremont. Ours build date was 2/15 and it arrived at the office on either 2/27 night or 2/28 morning.

Does anyone know how WaitingForTesla determines the build date? I found an inventory vehicle through there that it stated was built on 03/04..I haven't received info from my SA to confirm but was wondering if there was a way to look this up..
He gets it from the source code of the vehicle on Tesla.com: Here is an example:

PlannedGADailyDate":"2023-02-14T00:00:00
ActualGAInDate":"2023-02-15T12:20:50.000000"
EtaToCurrent":"2023-03-01T01:00:00","FactoryCode":"GF00",
"FactoryDepartureDate":"2023-02-15T21:36:14",

I was told by my SA that delivery time from build is about two to three weeks - depending on the state and if the cars are shipped by train or via truck. Mine came via truck from Fremont. Ours build date was 2/15 and it arrived at the office on either 2/27 night or 2/28 morning.

Thanks. My vehicle is Fremont build and will be delivered to CO so hoping for a shorter transit. Just getting anxious given it's close and the IRS can update its position any day now.

Reactions: greenearth2129
I’m here in SoCal. I texted the SA in regarding my order to see any ETA for a VIN and anything else that I need as part of pre delivery. He got back to me asking to submit my current insurance to satisfy the insurance session. However, I cannot upload via the Tesla since the insurance is greyed out (not active without a VIN?). I ended up have to send him a copy via email so he can upload to my account for me. I guess the insurance requirement is different for each state but I thought that kind of weird. Since my EDD is getting close, I just want to do what he told me so no delay causing on my part.
The insurance part opened up for me right after I got the VIN. Interesting that your SA asked for your insurance before you even got a VIN. Maybe he can get you a VIN sooner by having the insurance?

Phoenix, AZ
2/3 - EDD 2/13-3/13
2/14 - EDD 2/28-3/28
2/28 - EDD 3/5-3/19
3/5 - EDD 3/26-3/31

Obligatory back story

We did the same for ours. I had multiple times seen a car, tried to contact Tesla but took too long and the car was gone. $250 was (for us and obviously you) well worth the expense to try to assure us of the tax credit. Our OD was 1/26 and EDD pushed from March to as far as May. Ours is now coming next week.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the car.

Anyone here has had their dates improved from April-May to Mar (esp. the ones who got pushed out)? Trying to gauge if there'll be any improvement in dates; now that they'll be focusing on meeting quarterly targets with deliveries closer to the factories.