Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
agree with @topher2023 . From recent deliveries in MN, it seems that MN has the PPF (rear quarter) and mud guards (front). I have not heard anyone from south with these installed on deliveries. If you are in NM, it does not seem likely.

Thanks. My pickup location will be in the Denver CO area so hoping that they'll include those and also some nice all season tires.

Reactions: scionbox
I hope I don’t run into this situation but asking as my delivery date is just few days away. Neither Tesla nor tower answers the calls so I guess we are on our own!

If bank can’t dispatch funds on/before delivery then if we end up paying ourselves then will Tesla refund the money if they receive the payment from bank again?

Received my VIN about an hour ago! I ordered W/B/19 on 1/16 and changed my order to the 20" wheels 2/28. My new delivery window is March 18th - March 25th :)

For insurance can I upload my current full coverage policy? Ive never had to get a new insurance policy before I could drive the new car I was buying. It says It needs to have my state and the tesla vin on the policy that I upload into the app.
I just uploaded my current insurance without the Tesla. It shows completed and a green check mark. I remember it just stated that it needs to be a current policy, didn't mention anything about the Tesla needing to be on it. Maybe different from state to state? I'm in CA

Reactions: memfist and Mr_Joe
MYP White/Black
OD 02/14 8:52am
2/14 EDD February - March
2/14 EDD (updated in the evening) March - April
2/17 EDD March 16 - March 31
2/28 EDD March 22 - March 31
3/5 EDD April 7 - May 12
San Gabriel, CA (SoCal)

Very frustrating just like everybody else. I overestimated because I texted Tesla on 2/28 and the SA replied, "March 22 - March 31 does seem likely at this time, and it's a good sign that your delivery window is narrowing down and becoming more specific. The estimate could still shift but at this time late March seems like a safe bet."
I was very excited/optimistic and rushed my husband (licensed electrician) to upgrade our panel and install charger. I also already bought many accessories too lol. Well I estimated wrong, sigh 😔😭.
You are in good company around here - I have an ever expanding "Tesla corner" in our basement. I can't tell you how much stuff I've purchased.. 🤦‍♂️

I just uploaded my current insurance without the Tesla. It shows completed and a green check mark. I remember it just stated that it needs to be a current policy, didn't mention anything about the Tesla needing to be on it. Maybe different from state to state? I'm in CA
I'm in NJ
The insurance details asked for are:
Valid active insurance policy valid for atleast 60 days after delivery
- Must include VIN of your new Tesla.

I would this they would need your Tesla on the policy. However, like you sold.. might be different for each state.

Here's a crazy coincidence. I installed my Tesla charger myself this evening. I KID YOU NOT, 10 Seconds after I commissioned the charger, the text came in that VIN is now assigned.

MYLR - White/BLACK/5 seat/19"/TOW
OD: 01/18/2023

Attachments

• IMG_1548.jpeg
    IMG_1548.jpeg
    379.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1556.jpeg
    IMG_1556.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 63
I'm in NJ
The insurance details asked for are:
Valid active insurance policy valid for atleast 60 days after delivery
- Must include VIN of your new Tesla.

I would this they would need your Tesla on the policy. However, like you sold.. might be different for each state.
Ok interesting. I definitely did not see mention of VIN nor active insurance for at least 60 days after delivery. From what I know in CA as long as you have an active policy you have 30 days to add the new vehicle to your policy after the purchase date and still be covered even if something happens