Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they must be getting it from Tesla's website. If you go on a vehicle page from their website over to Tesla's page for that particular vehicle, you can't see the VIN either but they clearly have that information as well. Either that or they're simply assigning the date on which the vehicle first appears as inventory as its build date..which is likely not very accurate. According to them (WFT), my vehicle was built on 03/04 with a VIN assigned to Denver..I'm showing an EDD of MAR 19-26 which is two weeks from the build date. Don't know what the avg. time is from build to delivery so that's I want to confirm..

Updating for those who may trying to extrapolate delivery timelines from build dates. I spoke with a SA this morning and she confirmed that my vehicle was built in Fremont on 03/04 as stated by Waiting for Tesla (through which I found it). She expects the vehicle to arrive at Colorado Springs CO on the 19th so almost exactly two-weeks from build date. She offered to ship it from CS to Santa-Fe NM at no additional cost to me but I declined since it would have taken a minimum of one additional week to do so and I don't want to risk it with the IRS update/uncertainty (I would drive to Fremont to pick it up if she would have let me). I'm hoping to drive to CS on Sunday the 19th and pick up the vehicle on the 20th but we'll see once we get to that stage. Since I'm buying out of state, Tesla would not collect the sales tax from me..so I'll have to do that myself at the DMV.

Last edited:
New Member:
NJ

OD - 1/17/2023 (Appearing as 1/18/2023)

MYLR - White/Black int

last EDD 3/8 to 3/31 - No VIN yet
As soon I posted this message, I got my VIN for my car. VIN starts with 7SAY.... not sure if it is Freemont or Austin build. its asking for Insurance. without delivery date, can I get the Insurance? appreciate your input

I just made an appointment for Monday March 13 to pick up my first of 2 Model Y AWD. Interestingly enough it was the second I ordered that is getting delivered first.

Ordered on 2/11
VIN on Sunday March 5th with EDD 3/11 to 3/18.

When I went to make the appointment if gave me options between 3/11 to 3/13

I just made an appointment for Monday March 13 to pick up my first of 2 Model Y AWD. Interestingly enough it was the second I ordered that is getting delivered first.

Ordered on 2/11
VIN on Sunday March 5th with EDD 3/11 to 3/18.

When I went to make the appointment if gave me options between 3/11 to 3/13
When was your first order?
I saw a car in the morning in inventory with same configuration in Georgia,
I don't understand what happened to the MYAWD ordered in February new ones are coming out and delivering earlier.

As soon I posted this message, I got my VIN for my car. VIN starts with 7SAY.... not sure if it is Freemont or Austin build. its asking for Insurance. without delivery date, can I get the Insurance? appreciate your input
look at the 11 digit..if its if a F or an A...that should reveal if its fremont or austin build. You can get insurance once i got my vin you get a more solid delivery date so i told my guy to start my policy on the first day of the narrow EDD range. I'm sure you can always change it to whatever day your delivery falls on as well

look at the 11 digit..if its if a F or an A...that should reveal if its fremont or austin build. You can get insurance once i got my vin you get a more solid delivery date so i told my guy to start my policy on the first day of the narrow EDD range. I'm sure you can always change it to whatever day your delivery falls on as well

I did the same. Added it effective the very first day of EDD. Will call and change once I have the delivery date set/confirmed.

Reactions: slyderz3
Thank you for the info. mine looks like Freemont build. Delivery date between March 21 to March 27 2023. But insurance, let check if they can give with temporary delivery date.

Reactions: erktrek